Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some media reports suggesting that a Russian Oil company wants to buy AS ROma and is offering 400 mill. euros.

Here's the first article with the translation which I copied from the Addicts forum:

Petrolieri russi vogliono acquistare la Roma: offerti a Sensi 400 milioni

La Nafta Moskva, joint-stock company, una delle più importanti compagnie petrolifere russe, avrebbe presentato un'offerta di 400 milioni di euro per il pacchetto di maggioranza della Roma. Lo rivelano questa mattina alcuni quotidiani nazionali. La cifra dovrebbe coprire anche i 300 milioni di debiti accumulati dalla società giallorossa. L'offerta sarebbe stata presentata un mese fa nel primio dei tre incontri tra i dirigenti della Nafta e quelli della Roma. Agli incontri avrebbe partecipato anche il tecnico Fabio Capello. La risposta di Franco Sensi dovrebbe arrivare entro una settimana. Ma il presidente giallorosso sarebbe tentato, seppure a malincuore, a capitolare. L'offerta sembra di quelle che non si possono proprio rifiutare. La compagnia offre ampie garanzie: emersa, come altre sue omologhe, dall'era delle privatizzazioni, si é trasformata in una delle più potenti aziende del paese. E come le altre aziende del petrolifero, é controllata da un gruppo di quegli influenti oligarchi emergenti - tra questi, immancabile, anche il ricchissimo Roman Abramovich, proprietario del Chelsea - che ha assunto da qualche anno il controllo dell'economia russa.

It is saying that a Russian Petrol company, Nafta Moskva, a joint-stock company has presented a 400 million offer for AS Roma. The offer should cover 300 million euro debt held by Roma. The offer was presented about one month ago in the first of three meeting to be held between the two sides. Also present in the meeting was Fabio Capello. Franco Sensi's response should arrive in about a week's time, he would be tempted to, even if unwillingly accept the offer. The offer is one of those that are irrefusable, as the company offers wide garanties economically.

Another Italian article on that can be read from

here

It says basically the same but adds that one of the shareholders of the company is Abramovich.

What do you think about that?

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
First of all, do we have 300 million Euros in debth? :depress: That's tragical!

I don't want some Russians in our club! They will probably just buy a bunch of stars with no bondings to the club. We would lose a lot of our soul. Another problem could occur if Putin and his men finally finds some substantial evidence against Abramovich and his buddys that prove that they took USSR's oil when the union was split up. And how do we now that these Russians have good thoughts in mind? Afterall, we sit on the best player in the world, who has been drooled on for months by Abramovich. I'm probably paranoid, but you never know if they have dirty plans with our beautiful club!

No, keep As Roma inside Rome! If we need a new owner, let it be a true Roman!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Roman Revolution?

A Russian petrol giant is reportedly ready to make Franco Sensi an offer to buy Italian side Roma.

Unconfirmed stories in the peninsula on Tuesday suggest that Nafta Moskva are ready to pay around £270m for the capital outfit.

The Giallorossi are in a difficult financial situation right now but there is the possibility of a Chelsea-type take over.

It’s alleged that the Nafta Moskva have already made contact with the Olimpico outfit to test the water.

Owner Sensi has admitted that he can’t stay in charge of his beloved club forever given his age which may have opened the door for a new era.

Speculation suggests that Sensi could net around £65m for the side, with the rest of the money used to clear debts and strengthen the squad.

It’s also been claimed that boss Fabio Capello would be instantly handed close to £40m to spend on the transfer market if the deal goes through.

Roma could certainly use the money right now, especially in trying to keep Emerson at the club for next season.

The Brazilian has yet to agree terms over a new contract and he will be sold in the summer if no extension can be finalised.

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
FrancescoTotti said:
They will probably just buy a bunch of stars with no bondings to the club. We would lose a lot of our soul.
You never know. By the article Fabiocapello posted, it seems that Capello will have a lot of say (if this happens) on who comes in and whatnot.

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
Fabiocapello said:
sorry i never saw this thread

delete mine
or this one
I merged them. :)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
ok
I know we are strong enough to win trophys, with or without these rich russians

but we need the money to survive

If this deals go through, I belive Roma will be bigger name than Manchester United in a few years
Maybe bigger than madrid?..

Think about it
Roma the name,the location
Compared to 'Manchester'

BTW
Forza Roma!

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fabiocapello, you missed the first part of the channel4 report, which says:
"Roma have dismissed stories suggesting that they have received a bid for the club from a Russian petrol giant.

Reports in Italy suggested that Valery Simenov was ready to make Franco Sensi an offer to buy the side."

Not that this denial from the club means a lot, usually such deals are kept in secret from the public until everything is sorted out and the deal is struck.
Anyway, can someone provide some info on Valery Simenov? I've never heard of him before.

Personally I think that if the deal comes through it will be very good for the club, we desperate;y need fresh money to cover up the enormous debts and keep the stars in the team.

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
It would be nice to have the cash surplus, but I rather remain in this situation than hand over my beloved team to a bunch of Russians who have no allegiance, no loyalty, and no love for our giallorossi. I would literally be sick over this.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, if we can find a rich enough person who's Roman and a true Romanista to buy the club and clear the debts it would be better of course, but if the choise is between getting new Russian owners and going bankrupt or selling all of our stars I would choose the Russians any day.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
As far as i know our debts are around €100million, im not sure where they got €300mill from. Anyway, i say no, the idea is kind of cool but we'd lose our soul, start taking things for granted, thats not what i want, at the moment id rather Toti, or someone who actually gives a shit bought us but for sure Sensi's gonna be tempted..

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Its about ambition and finacial backup, not where you come from In my books

I would rather have a rich russian that can gurantee our survival and wants to win trophys. rather than wait for a romanista or a italian that might not come in time

go and ask parma fans what they would rather have
a italian like tanzi or a guy that comes from the moon that wants to win trophys

he might not even come
but if he does, im sure sensi won't hand roma over to a guy that doesn't want what we want
TROPHYS FOR ROMA

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Fabiocapello said:

If this deals go through, I belive Roma will be bigger name than Manchester United in a few years
Maybe bigger than madrid?..

Think about it
Roma the name,the location
Compared to 'Manchester'

BTW
Forza Roma!
Do we want Roma to become another Real Madrid or Man U? Heeeeeeeell no!!!

I'd rather sell Totti! Seriously! I hate Real Madrid for what they stand for. How they are being a circus, not a football team. Why do the fans clap when they score, instead of freak out like we do? You all know that I love Totti, but I would rather sell him, clear our finances and keep our soul remaining in the club, even though Totti is a big part of our soul.
If I was asked whether or not I wanted Henry, Vieira, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Figo, Zidane etc in my club, I would definately say no! Just because I want Roma as it is. A hidden treasure!

Keep the Russians OUT of our club, even if that means we have to sell some of our best players!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Manchester united aren't a circus

yet they are as big as real or bigger

who says we have to be a circus to dominate world football?

I know roma are the best
but i want everyone to know that

don't compare real fans to romanista
please don't
we will never change

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Maybe he means we could get some un-passionate Roma fans, or glory hunters, but well I suppose that doesnt matter, that would just be a symbol of how big the club is...

The true Roma fans will always stay :cool:

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
No WE won't change! At least most of us, but imagine how many idiots that would suddenly "love" Roma!! People would start taking us for some of those "fans" (the ones who don't know us of course).

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
who cares about them

we are the real fans
and we know who we are

if a couple more million gloryhunters come and make us stronger

then so be it

atleast they aren't against us;)

1 - 20 of 155 Posts