Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Real Madrid Website:

www.realmadrid.com

A new design and a completely different look. I love it! What does everyone else think about it?

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
hmmm not bad from the first impression, even though it takes quite long to load.

the usability will show when using it a lot. I just hope the switch between english and spanish stops now.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
it doesnt matter how it looks like, ive always had a problem with them not translating all their articles into english. they really dont know how to take care of their global audience to be honest. there arent even many options on the madrid website. a friend of mine a bayern fan can watch highlights, interviews, training, and other quirks for a simple fee per month (something like 10 euros).

im typing this and skimming through and still the same problems. surely the "biggest club in the world" will dedicate a bit of its time to update the english section regularly. the latest thing in english is the murcia match preview. thats not including half the stuff they just dont translate.

·
20,440 Posts
btw good to see them using a cms now as well and offer RSS-feed. :thmbup:

lets see if i can reach the Hala Madrid magazine...

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Agree with Reddy... I always found our website to be the most awful out of all top football club websites.. Although the lay-out now does look a bit better.

·
20,440 Posts
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRGGGGG shit I can still not access it! :wth:

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
and its slow as fvck. its as pathetic as ever. i hate it, and i rescind my support!!!

seriously why is it so hard for them to get a decent running website? i just dont get it. your global audience is larger than your spanish audience, and your global audience doesnt have access to AS or Marca, or the Bernabeu itself.

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its running fine over here, maybe coz i have a fast connection...

·
20,440 Posts
indeed Reddy, i feel they do prefer spaniards much more. I realize it right now. Spaniards, when they have carnet madridista have a lot more advantages than the so called Fanclub Madridista Card holders. When do they travel to madrid to enjoy the advantage of havinf preferrence in tickets (where they wont accept international credit cards while they do for paying the fanclub card?), or having percentages in Real Cafe, basket, training ground, tour, museum etc. Not only that, they still get the magazine in paper, while everyone outside spain can only reach it per internet.

If he can! I dunno whats wrong with my settings or is it from their side, I only know cant reach it for more than 5 months now and it always shows me an empty page. I wrote them 3x already per email but never got a reply and calling the fan card service number is hopeless as its continiously occupied. ARRRRRGH. Im really angry!!! :frustrat:

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
They could do more to look after their worldwide fans. When looking for ticket info all it referred you to (in English as well as in Spanish) was the next match page which was a waste of time. They should have a page which properly explains how it works, what youre options are, etc. What they should do is carry out a survey on the site asking people's opinions. I say that but I hardly ever visit the official site tbh so I dont know if they have already done this.

·
20,440 Posts
They could do more to look after their worldwide fans. When looking for ticket info all it referred you to (in English as well as in Spanish) was the next match page which was a waste of time. They should have a page which properly explains how it works, what youre options are, etc. What they should do is carry out a survey on the site asking people's opinions. I say that but I hardly ever visit the official site tbh so I dont know if they have already done this.
agreed. theres practically no chance for a foreigner to get his tickets officially. That even lifts the inofficial trade with tickets over the internet for sky-high prices, and in the end you travelled to Madrid for a crap seat or not even having a ticket at all.

Not too long ago such a site wanted to work together with my website offering me 10% commission of the, they said average ticket price, which was 400€! :eek: I was just shaking my head. But the club doesnt do anything against from official side. Coz, when you travelled all the way, you want to have your ticket in the pocket or at least to know it save in your hotel.

the closure of the trainings make it worse, coz when you really couldnt get tickets you could at least see the players close in training. I was hoping it was just for a short time last year, but they kept up with it. And that really sux!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts