Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AS Roma's President Franco Sensi has decided to maintain his promises this year, that called for a top quality yellow and red outfit by the time the Serie A season kicked off on October 1st. After announcing the signings of Gabriel Omar Batistuta, Walter Samuel, and Emerson, the Roman side is about to announce the signing of another star, Spain and Valencia midfielder, Gaizka Mendieta.

The offer sent out from the Roman capital is astronomical, around $35 million US dollars to Valenica, and approximately $3.5 million dollars to the player.

The only thing that remains to be seen is whether Valencia will accept the offer or not. If the deal were to go through, AS Roma would definitely become the "queen" of this summer's Serie A transfer market.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I doubt this will happen. Of course, stranger things have happened and $35M is quite a lot of money, so I wouldn't bet my head...

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have to say two things about this subject:
1) We are strating to look like Lazio
2) If Valencia sells Mendieta, that would be like roma selling Totti. So when Valencia and Mendieta accept the offer, we can better satisfy Totti, because it proves another time that money is very important. (I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say, because i don't know explain this exactly).

But although all this worries me, I'm very happy with the result by far and I hope Valencia will accept the offer.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
All i can say is that Mendieta.....is ultra classy but notneeded.

You would do better to get a top class defender instead of over loading in midfield.

Mabye another world class attacker or a promotion of D'Agostino.

Don't go to the other extreme of INTER and overload certain areas of the pitch.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Agree with you TAZZ, Mendieta is not needed. We should secure the Emerson transfer, and then get either Sol Campbell or Cannavaro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts