Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from a friend that Lucio is ready for Barca.. that isn't true is it?? Otherwise what new players do you think will come to Barce under the summer, I mean they haven't too mush money to spend have they?

·
Registered
879 Posts
well, the only real information that I trust on this is gaspart saying that there will be very few signings. Which I take to mean 1-2. The mendieta rumors seem credible, as do the Lucio ones.

Mendieta+Lucio+current team would be a formidable squad, and make us alot better than last year. Most importantly it would add mental toughness of mendieta.

Finally, the rivaldo rumors are still flying. If he continues to play well (scored in every game, two MoM awards, etc) all the way into the final, then I suspect he will be sold. If he has a great performance against england, then it is even more likely, that some english team would buy him. I expect that Rivo would be more likely to approve a switch to the premiership, because he is less likely to be injured there. Also, given how fanatical the english media is, its possible an english club would overpay for him, ie 40mill euros.

all the other 'young' unproven players seem to have faded out of the picture as far as incoming transfers go.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
For me Lucio transfer is very uncertain. However we are really very close to signing Mendieta after WC. There've been talks with Riquelme again for 13M Euros (look how much more expensive Geovanni was) and Kily Gonzalez, but in this case price could be the problem (24M). Lazio who needs cash but doesn't want to lose Nesta would like to sell Stam to Barca, not to strenghten their Italian opponents, but it's 26M. I 'm not even writing about rumours like buying Crespo, Ronaldo, Vieira, Veron or other like this cause I find to hard to believe.

As for Rivo. He sais he's got contract with Barca and will stay. But Figo said the same and they are all proffessionals so anything might happen. Actually it might be better if he leaves cause it will be difficult to make him sign a new contract and another way we won't get a cent for him next year... We aren't Man U or Milan to afford such a loss.

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
I wanna see Ronaldinho Gaúcho :star: carrying a Barça-Jersey next season, well I wanted to do so also a few years ago ;)

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
he was offered to us two years ago and we denied it. it was van gaal and nunez indecision so he went to psg. personally instead of kily/mendieta we should try to get joaquin/ronaldinho or reyes if joaquin is too much

1 - 5 of 5 Posts