Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just started to play CM 01/02... Great game, lotsof fun...:)

I'm managin real madrid. But it's turned out pretty disastrous!:(

1st of all, I lost the Spanish Super Cup 3-2 to Zaragoza, then in my 1st 2 games in CL, I lost to Lazio, and drew at home with Lyon. Zidane was also injured for 2 weeks, his 1st game back, he got injured again, this time for a month!:mad: And now, Figo wants to leave the club, he claims he got a better offer from Roma:rolleyes:

Anyways, i'm playing like this:

_____________Casillas
Salgado__Hierro______Karanka__Carlos
_____________Helguera
Figo____________________Macca
______________Zidane
______Mori_____________Raul

I gave Figo a free-role....... But anway, my question is. In the other teams tactics, I always find that they have arrows pointing different ways from the players, how do I do that with my squad?:confused:

Thanx in advance:)_

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
To have the arrow pointing towards a particular direction ,just right click on the player and drag towards the direction u want.

Regarding the best tactic just browse through the tactic threads that come up in this forum. Conventional ones may not be of best use in CM.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx, I got it:)

Another question, how do you change the background? It's always the same boring one over and over;)

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
About the background, I have the same thing too. But I only have version 3.9.60, maybe if you get the new patch 3.9.65 it might change, but I am not sure. I downloaded my CM off Morpheus.

By the way Kiyan, aren't you gonna buy Karim Bagheri? :D

Too bad he retired from Iran.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I'm on CM 01/02 and my background changes all the time. I remember that somewhere on installation it asked me wether to have the same or a changing background. I think that after installation you can still change that setting somewhere in the options menu.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
HI Kiyan...

First of all.. you'll have LOADS of fun in the game..

Ok.. the background changes if you chose "background change" + you installed the pictures when you installed the game.. I personally don't use the background change as it effects the speed of the game..

As for tactics.. for sure.. the best tactic is the default 4-1-3-2 formation you find already in the tactics page.. especially with Zidane.. he goes nuts with that formation :D I had my 1st game managing Real, Milan and liverpool.. that was going VERY well.. so I started a new one with Lincoln City in the English 3rd division.. I'm in season 3 now.. and 2nd in Division 1 :D It's more exciting and testing to play with a lower division team.. but for a starter.. Real are a great choice.. Don't worry about the foreigners.. R. Carlos, Geremi and I think Concecaio will all become second nationality Spaniards by the end of the year.. Why haven't you bought anyone?? (I know if you ask who should I buy.. this whole forum will go nuts on you with LOADS of players :D)

Anyway.. tell us how it works out :D Have fun

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Yes I recommend you use the 4-1-3-2 as well. Very successful tactic.

Won the Serie A, CL, Italian Super Cup, and European Super Cup in my first season, only lost 1 game, to Udinese in the Coppa Italia.

By the way, I also get requests from Figo to leave, no matter what I do. You're not alone :D

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
When you guys say you use the 4-1-3-2, is that the standard 4132 that comes with the game? Or do you change it a lot? And does it work for lower league teams, this unchanged 4132? I can understand it works for big teams like Lazio or Real or Man U, but then again, they're so good that basically any tactic would work for them ... wondering :confused:

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
HI Q007

I play with Lincoln City.. and I'm scoring goals like crazy!!! :)

Well I slightly modify what I want from my players.. like adjusting the GK's positioning to NEVER move forward.. Adjust my AMC to NOT shoot long shots.. etc.. other than that.. it's the same tactic...

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Ok, thx :) I play a Belgian 2nd div team, maybe I'll give it a try.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I am playing currently with Real too.
First of all, when Figo requests a move, just turn it down. Give him a few games in a row and a new contract, and he will be glad to stay...;):greed:

Tactic-wise, i'm using the 4-1-2-1-2. In my first season, Raul and Mori were outrageously hot; as far as new players, get at any costs, Maxim Tsigalko. He will be the best goal scorer in the game. I bought him in the first season, during the winter transfer window and boy, he scored 22 goals in 14 games!!!He was for me a kind of a super sub!!!:eek: He's pretty cheap, at least for Real, around 4-5M$.
What i did in the 2nd season, i sold Figo for 31.5M$ to Milan and exchanged Macca for Pires; let me tell you that getting Pires, was one of the best transfers i've ever made ever since playing CM!
Macca was starting to slow down as far as efficiency goes and Pires so far, at the end of the winter (Mar 2003), he's had so far 9 goals, and 15 assists!More than Figo had in his entire first season!!!At this rate, i can expect 15 goals and 25-30 assists from Pires in the whole season.:)
In defence, that's where you'll need to strenghten your team the most, (just like in real life). Here are what i've found so far: in the first season, don't play Casillas, but rather Cesar. I started the game with Casillas playing all the games, untill Jan 02; he was ok, but not consistent. One game he would have an 8 and the next, a 4 or a 5; i started playing Cesar, and the guy simply is a wall; he played just the 2nd half of the season and that was enough for him to be european keeper of the year!!:eek:
2nd season, idem; start with Cesar and give Casillas some games here and there, just to keep him happy, but your main keeper should be Cesar.

I would also strongly suggest you get Costanzo, a fantastic young keeper from River Plate; if you get him early, he'll cost you around 4-6 M$; if you wait till the 2nd season, 15M$. So get him asap; 2nd season, give a new contract to Cambiasso and altern him with Helguera as your main DCM. The first season, Helguera sucked, at least in my game and my main men were Makelele and Van Bommel. This is another of those golden players. Get Van Bommel from PSV. He will cost you around 30-37M$ but he's worth every penny. First season, play him as a DCM in alternance with Makelele, then in the 2nd season and on, play him as a AMC in the left. He will be kicking ass. For me, in that position, his average is 8.15 with 12 goals and 13 assists, so far, by early march.

In attack, anyone who can afford it, get Henry!I've been trying to get him from the start, but each time he would refuse to join me, until in the winter transfer window, i bid 45M$ and offered him the highest wage the management would allow him, which is 9.75M$/year. But let me tell you he's worth every single penny. So far, 9 goals in 7 games, 5 assists and 4 MOM!!!:eek:And that's just the beginning!
That's all for now, if anyone else is playing with Real and have some suggestions, please feel free to do so...;)

HALA LOS MERENGUES!:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
King Italy said:

By the way Kiyan, aren't you gonna buy Karim Bagheri? :D

Too bad he retired from Iran.

loool...karim bagheri was WAS WAS a really thight a$$ midfielder IRL. But now he stinks shet **** shat. He is currently playing in QATAR lol. good for him! Ali Daei stinks **** shat shet too... Bevlie me, the next time iran shows off. It will be a team with players like maradona and pele. BELIVE ME.

·
Registered
64 Posts
btw Kiyan!

Buy Mehdi MAHDAVIKIA in hamburg, he is tha BOOOOOMBBB as a right midfielder, every season he had more than 30-40 assists!! GET HIM!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanx for the tips! Payman, I'm trying to sign Zanetti now, and get rid of Geremi.

Figo is my best player right now, and Zidane having a few brilliant games here and there. I've brought Cambiasso back from River, he's doing great. And i've got rid of some younger players.

About the Iranians, why is it that Ali Daei, Azizi, Ali Karimi do not exist in this game?:confused: :depress:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I don't know about bringing back cambiasso. You should leave him at River till the end of the season where he'll play all the matches as a 1st team player. Let him get as many first team exposure as he can, then bring him back for the following season. Make sure to give him a new contract. Wait until a few games in the 02-03 season and then offer him a contract. Give him about 3M$/year.
Get also Julius Oghahowa from Shakhtar. You can get him for only 425K and he will be a major player in your team.
About Zidane, have you noticed that some games he's ok, like a 7 and in some games, he's absolutely devastating like 9 or even a 10, with a couple of assists and goals?;)
What do you think of your reserve team players? About Aganzo, and a couple of others good forwards?
In year 2, Raul is slowly fading away...:sad::confused:
This Maxim Tsigalko, believe it or not, has pushed Raul in the bench!!!:eek:
First season 22 goals in 14 matches and year 2, so far in early april 03, 18 goals in 10 matches!!!!:eek::proud::star::cool:
BTW, here's my team::)

-------------------------Cesar/Casillas

J.Zanetti/Sagnol------Nesta/Hierro-----Thuram/Mexes-----R.Carlos/Solari

----------------------Helguera/Cambiasso--------------

Pires/José Mari-------------------------------------Van Bommel/Aghahowa

-------------------------Zidane/Riquelme/Guti

--------------------Henry/Mori-----------------Raul/Tsigalko/Ronaldo

Check out also this kid: Farias, a forward from Independiente in Argentina. Send your scouts to South America and Eastern and Central Europe. That's where you'll find the best deals (cheap and great prospects).What's your team?;)

Your question about the Iranians: Did you put at the beginning of the game, Data base to Normal or Minimum? If you put it to minimum, you won't have some great players, so that might be why...always chose Normal Date base...;)

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Payman...... What a team!:eek: You must be playing for a long time!:)

But seriously, how do you do it? Every time I spill out my cash for a star the offer is refused, I havent been able to buy anyone and i've tried so hard!

Yeha, and Raul, he's really sttrugling!:depress:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Well, i am at the middle of the 2nd season, the 2002-2003 season. I got Ronaldo right in the beginning of the game. I made 25M$ bid to Inter and they accepted!!!I got Nesta, also at the very beginning for 37M$. Then i sold Figo 31.5M$, Munitis 15.5MS, Savio 12.5M$, Makelele 20.50M$ and a couple of others that i don't remember and got cash for the 2nd season, and also asked the board for more funds, and they injected a cool 50M$ at the beginning of Y2; at the beginning of the game, Real have around 125M$, so that'll be enough to strengthen all your lines with one major player. Get Nesta for the defence, even tough, he starts slow but then, becomes a wall; Van Bommel for the mdfield should cost you 35-37 M$, a world class forward, as unfortunately, both Mori and Raul are injury prone. Get Ronaldo as he doesn't mind being on the bench. I use him mainly as a super sub or for the minor games and he does the job greatly, also get this Tsigalko. A MUST!
2nd year, i got Thuram for 20M$; Riquelme for 20M$; Pires i exchanged him with Macca, José Mari, who's a true god in CM, as he will soon be also in real life, ;):proud::stuckup:;) i bought him for 7.5M$ but if you can, get Samuel. He's the BEST defender in the game.
I've tried several times, giving him crazy contracts, but even Roma accepted my bids, he each time refuses to leave Roma...:confused::fero:;) In my game, Milan have the best defensive line in Italy, so you might check them. Henry is also a must as he just can't stop either scoring or assisting.

I do have ICQ, check my profile, even tough, these days, i don't use it much because of lack of time. My objectives for the next season will be to sell Ronaldo and get instead Trezegol.

·
Registered
518 Posts
HI.Kiyan & Q007

As far as tactic, 3-4-3 diamond is the best.

You need two great marking defender and 2 (center dedfender and defend Mid.) great position and tac. member. and, 2 multifunctional middle member and a organizer. At forward line, need a stong striker and two winger or side forward.

You know, when you play CM for 4-5 season, you will dissatisfy the goal you made, the only choice is add a forward. To avoid your member not adapt the 3 forward tactic then, use 3-4-3 when you first manage a team.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
If you're striker are having trouble, then if you have enough money try and get: Shevchenko, Crespo, or Claudio Lopez. 3 amazing players.

I was mucking around in one game, and I in 2014 with Lazio I still had Crespo and Claudio Lopez, and they were still the top 2 scorers in Serie A and winning awards for South American players of the year!!! :cool:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts