Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone knows where the last patch will be released?!SI are working on a new patch (because of some bugs in the last patch 4.1.3) but I don't know when it will be released.Anyone has an idea?!:confused:

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Well, they said 4.1.3 would be the last patch for CM 03/04 (and probably for a long while since it was also the last Championship Manager-title game from them and they'll have to design a new one from scratch). I'm not holding my breath...

·
*the drum drum*
42,857 Posts
The 4.1.4 patch will be released very soon..

As always, SI has screwed us all over, saying "it's out last patch!" and then taking back their word less that 3 days later :rollani:

Turns out, which 4.1.3 fixed a lot of problems, it added in a few more on it's way..
So everyone look forward to another useless 45mb download :groan:

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Ooh, fun..

I remember when CM 97/98 came out and contained a few bugs.SI were just a handful of people back then--four or five--and quietly worked away at a patch. It was released withouth much hype before or after, and the patch actually fixed most of the old problems and did not create new ones. There was a data update thrown in as well. I was impressed.

The game's being much bigger and complex, but the company has grown as well. They should be able to keep up better than they do, but it seems a lot of times these patches are a bother for them, as if we were supposed to be just happy about the fact that they released a game at all. Now I am no longer impressed.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Well I'm not sure whether the separation of SI from Eidos has anything to do with the delays or the sloppiness of the patches, but I'm hopping that once this matter gets resolved SI will be back to its old days of efficiency. Plus the future games will no longer be called Championship Manager, as the name will be reserved by Eidos for their own management game, which will probably be crap since SI retain the game engine and database.

Btw, after you download the 4.1.3 patch you will also need to download a new .exe file which fixes the Match Stats which is apparently screwed up in the patch. You can find the file at the SI website.

·
*the drum drum*
42,857 Posts
Anton said:
Btw, after you download the 4.1.3 patch you will also need to download a new .exe file which fixes the Match Stats which is apparently screwed up in the patch. You can find the file at the SI website.
That's just one of the problems fixed in 4.1.4 due for release soon..
The list of fixes is growing day by day as well..

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yeah I know it's fixed in the 4.1.4 patch but until then anyone using the 4.1.3 patch should download the match stats fix separately.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Anton said:
Yeah I know it's fixed in the 4.1.4 patch but until then anyone using the 4.1.3 patch should download the match stats fix separately.
As far as I know they prepared another version of the 4.1.3 patch including the match stats fix file after christmas. So anyone who downloaded the patch after that date won't have to download the match stats fix separately!

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Jez!:happy:

Good to see you are still live:D

Anton, as the CM4 game engine is nothing much imo it's hardly that much of a bonus, though at least SpInG have some time to develop it & hopefully optimise it for future releases so it is less buggy & faster. Then maybe I'll buy it again.

But of course as games get more & more complicated there is much more potential for error as there will be more lines of code to bugger up.

Still, we can live in hope that the first ever SpInG game to be released by SEGA will be better than EP6:tongue:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Well like I said cam, hopefully once everything gets resolved between Eidos and SI, things will be back to normal hopefully at SI. Maybe Eidos has rushed them in the past and that's why some of the recent versions of the game have had so many bugs, I don't know. I'm just hopping for the best in the end.

Oh and the thing about the 4.1.3 patch. I didn't know that the match stats fix was included cause when I downloaded it the title of the patch said "4.1.3. match stat probs" or something like that, so it was a little misleading, like it was saying that the patch does not have the fix.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts