Xtratime Community banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Oh and **** me...you bring up HTC...but they you might wanna look at this before you start working yourself up into a frenzy over 5 inch 1080p/440ppi resolution display of the Butterfly...

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/04/why-is-htc-choosing-phone-thinness-over-battery-life/

HTC don't "get it"...if they did Google would have had them as a partner...

Oh and you're definitely wrong...you really think Google would have partnered up with LG if they make terrible hardware? It's because of their excellent hardware designs that Google even approached them.

HTC only make good back casings for their phones...their designs are dull...and in order to differentiate themselves they think getting "Beats" is the winner...lol

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Google probably partnered with LG because they made the lowest bid in terms of manufacturing the device for Google. It will be a great bargain at $350 for what you get in terms of processing power and direct OTA updates.

That being said, I'm 95% certain that the J Butterfly will have a higher build quality than the Nexus 4. Software support will be quicker with Google, but HTC is still superior to LG in that respect as well. I am concerned about the battery size as well. There are reports saying the US version will only have a ~2000 mAh battery, while others are saying it will be bumped up to ~2500 mAh.

Yet again though, your post did nothing to prove your point about LG having good hardware. :neutral:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Ah you made the claim that LG make bad hardware the burden of proof lies with you.

The Nexus partnerships doesn't work like that.

LG got to do the Nexus 4 because they have very good screen technology and Google wanted to bring in inductive charging. Asus got the Nexus 7 because Google wanted a $200 fully featured tablet. Samsung got the Nexus 10 because of the screen technology and the Exynos 5250.

If it was about winning contracts from google then Samsung would be making every single Nexus device.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I got 2 Nexus 4, both 8gb version. But frankly I can manage 8 GB. My 16GB Galaxy1 still has 9GB of free space after two & half years of being with me. Damn taxes though, why Google has to have an office in Chicago.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Apparently they sold more N4 than what they had in stock. Now many people will get their orders with 3 week delays.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
I got mine today...Woooo!!!

It's amazing!!!It is worth waiting 3 weeks...vanilla android...really good feel to the phone too...not like the Samsung phones that feel like plastic toys.

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
Yeah man, we have an Apple sapik in the Turkish section. :rolleyes: All he does is talk about how his iphone/macbook looks so good and works "just right". :howler:

To each his own though I guess..some people would rather look cool or fashionable than have a technically superior device.
Kafayimi yedin sen oglum. Sana ne benim ne aldigin mk.I like Apple's design, thats why I have an Iphone and mac book. Couldn't care less if another device is technically superior, its not like theres a world of difference. Android devices just dont do it for me. Personal preferences. I am not forcing you to buy one.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I got mine today...Woooo!!!

It's amazing!!!It is worth waiting 3 weeks...vanilla android...really good feel to the phone too...not like the Samsung phones that feel like plastic toys.
Got it this morning. First thing I install was Flash player (go figure). Been using it as a tablet as I have to get a micro sim, not to mention a case to preserve such cutie pie.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts