Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would you want to see as the new coach?

I wouldn't mind seeing Katanec take over. He has shown that he is a great coach and I think he would get the team playing and fighting for each other. he did great things with Slovenija and maybe with better personal he could do even better. I don't know whether he would take the job though?

Other candidates are probably Katalinic, Kranjcar, Ciro (??), Baric...

Is there anybody else I missed?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
id go for dinamo11......dinamo11 lets the players have sex, drink alcohol and even has a daughter who he shares with his players. :D

What was katalinic's role on the bench? here is what he had to say "Trebali smo igrati kao protiv Italije. Sada je teško govoriti, treba prespavati noc i onda analizirati".

I'd go for Katanec. I dont wanna see no Katalinic, Baric, Ivic, Ciro coz these guys are way too old. Katanec is young, and has shown that he is a good coach.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehe....and you are still my assistant Placebo. :smileani:

Ljubuski mentioned Kranjcar in another thread who I like but he probably isn't experienced enough to take over the NT yet.

We need someone for the long term and not have swaping of coaches after every loss. HNS need to analyse this tournament and look at the type of football being played by the top teams in the world cup and then make a good decision about who is suited and who can build a great team. It is time to be patient now.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'd opt for Katanec or Kranjcar,although the latter has recently taken over Rijeka.Hope we dont appoint an old cronie its time to start fresh.

·
Registered
22,667 Posts
dinamo

I know what you are saying about making the corrct decision...but their isn't too much time...

Euro qualifying starts in September, less than 3 months away...

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Baric- great coach, but his style is outdated due to his time in Austria.

Ciro- we will not go back to Ciro I think, he's definitely a great coach and has a passion for Croatia, he hates to see us losing our image and losing games. This loss, beleive me, hit him hard. He even cried as he gave his comments. Motivation, Ciro has it. Respect, Ciro has it.

Katanec- did wonders for Slovenia, and there's a real chance he might coach us. But he also has little experience and his 2 qualifying runs were brilliant, but also lucky. He is Croatian, but as soon as he stuffs something up, I can see the Croats jeering his 'slovenian' ass ;)

Ivic- proven coach, some notable success as well as failure. Authoritarian although not the best motivator, his lineups are interesting to say the least, likes to experiment with formations, mostly 5 in the midfield.

Kranjcar- If you want attack, you got it. We'd play every game to score at least 4 goals. That's Cico, we'll concede 2 a game, but outscore most teams, especially in the qualifiers. His resume isn't all that impressive.

Ivo Susak- U21 coach for a long time, good tactitian and motivator, no experience in the bog league though.

one guy we neglected, is Branko Ivankovic. Ciro's right hand man. Great coach that can adapt a team and play attractive footbal while dictating games, he's proven it so many times with Croatia, he was partly responsible for our achievments in 98, he set up most formations with Blazevic and insisted on Boban, Asa and Robi playing together. One of the best candidates.

whoever, we have a strong defense so there's little need to concentrate on it, we should play open attacking football, we need to score, our D is fine and will be for years to come.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
How about the other great Zmijavcan...

Ivan Gudelj..he already is one of the coordinators of our youth system, coaches the U 17's...and of course, he is from Zmijavci which already makes him great!;)

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Isn't Ivankovic now the coach of Iran?

Katalinic has also been thrown around. I was watching the preview of the game last night on HTV3 and they had an interview with Katalinic. He was saying that Croatia would do it pretty easy against Equador and that the tactics were right for the game. I wouldn't want to see him take over, he is not the right man. It is time for a younger coach who can play modern football!!

Oluja, HNS have known for a while now that Jozic would not be continuing so thay should have some idea of who are the contenders.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
dinamo 11, dude I don't get it. I mentioned Katanec over in the other thread and you weren't all that optimistic and here he's your #1:confused:

I want is someone who's a little younger, motivates and has respect. And plays our style of football.

Ero great list.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
dinamo11 said:
Isn't Ivankovic now the coach of Iran?

he'd quit tommorow if Croatia called him.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No!! In the other thread people were saying they wanted to see attacking football and goals which I don't think Katanec will necessarily bring. That was the point I was trying to make. However I like him as a coach and he can be successful for Croatia.

ok?;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
whoever it is, he has to wear a suit and if things arent going so well he should be standing on the halfway line barking out orders......not sitting on the bench chewing his nails.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
AP
Tokyo June 13 02

Ljubuski recants suggestion in coaching switch

After much pondering and meditation Ljubuski, the starting left back in the Cro Forum Starting 11 has decided to recant any suggestion to bring in Srecko Katanec to lead Croatia.

"I love my position and I'm sorry for disobeying my coach" was one of many regret-filled statements made by the rising Osijek star.

"It was a slip of the tongue and made only in light of the JAPANSKA KATASTROFA that has transpired here over the last two weeks."

After much comotion in the dressing room the reserved, over read and know it all back decided to confirm his commitment to the starting 11.

"We all know this is tragic but Katanec is not the way to go"

After a well publicized rift with Forum legend Boban_2 before the tourney and speculation about dubious motivational techniques regarding his daughter and his players dinamo 11 did not need a public row with his defender.

"If he spent more time on the pitch rather than on the phone with Penguin then I might listen to him"

This was an obvious shot at the players writing career which has taken off of late. He has one successful book out in print and is currently working on another two-volume work. The coach had always supported Ljubuski on his writing endeavours however on this occasion a line was drawn. Penguin is Ljubo's (as he's affectonately known on the Forum) publisher.

Of the many exchanges between the two the most memorable comment made by dinamo 11 after repeated suggestions by Ljubuski to go for Katanec.

The dispute was reconciled by Forum leaders Ero, IVO and spwolf who calmed the whole situation over turkish coffee and a peculiar form of chanting/singing.

With files from AP

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Just tryin' to lighten things up, gentlemen.

·
Registered
150 Posts
CIRO je najbolji pa makar pali na level luxemburga al opet je bolje gledati nase kako napadaju nego kako se brane. Jozic je totalno lose postavio igru, neznam sto je mjenjao nesto sto je dobro radilo protiv Italije i onda opet se vratiti na sranje taktiku kao onu protiv Ekvadora.

CIRO MAJSTORE

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
oooh, better be careful about what you say profesor, spwolf is always lurking, and watching:nerd:

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Ero said:
oooh, better be careful about what you say profesor, spwolf is always lurking, and watching:nerd:
indeed, I noticed how you dissed Ivic and glorified Ciro... although Ciro has more "failures" than Ivic ;-)

Honestly, I say either:

Cico Kranjcar - young, plays attractive soccer... he will have time to build new team, he will need to learn how to get his players motivated (remember Zagreb's 2nd part of the season?)

Ivan "Grozni" Katalinic - experience, can play both attacking and defensive soccer, definetly will get some respect from players

I think these two are the best choices we have. Katanec is fine, but he is too defensive.. I would preffer Coach who is/was more involved in Croatian soccer...Ciro is obviously out of question... Ivic would be great, he has results, experience & is demanding, but he retired due to health reasons...

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Great post spwolf....

I think the NT coach has to be a guy who continues the Croatian tradition of attractive attacking style, while still maintaining a strong defence which we have anyway with Kovac and Tudor etc.

But, we also need a guy that can motivate us and have us believe that we can win and beat anybody. I think that was Ciro's strong point, and that is what we have to find in a NT coach.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts