1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new names in the list:
Merlo stakes claim for Argentina job

Monday 17th June 2002

Racing Club manager Reinaldo Carlos Merlo has put his name forward as a possible successor to Argentina boss Marcelo Bielsa.

The incumbent's contract expires at the end of the month and speculation is mounting that he won't be offered a new one in view of Argentina's first-round exit from the World Cup.

Argentine football association president Julio Humberto Grondana has criticised Bielsa for picking just one player based in Argentina and hinted he would like the team to have more domestic influence.

Merlo, who was assistant to former national coach Alfio Basile at the 1994 World Cup, feels he could fill the breach. "If I got the chance to coach the national team, it would be the pinnacle of my career," he said.

"I feel I have the experience having been assistant to Basile. I know that Bielsa's contract is ending soon and, if I was asked to coach the national team, I'd say 'why not?'"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grondona added that there were already two coaches in the running if Bielsa stands down. "I like Alfio Basile and Jose Pastoriza very much.

"That's because they know a lot about football, they have a lot of experience and know every single Argentinian player. I like those two coaches."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So,
Merlo Racings coach, Basile ( the 94 squade coach), Jose Omar Pastoriza( Anybody tells us about him)..

Added to Jose Pekerman and Carols Bianchi ( anybody tells us about him )

That makes the candidates five.

What ya think?

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
assasin, i ve just answered you pm.

about the coaches, no please, i want bianchi, and in the worst of cases pekerman, but along with another coach. i just want pekerman because he knows lot of of the youngstres that are coming, and because of the experience of this wc.
bianchi is not as offensive as bielsa, not even close (but i think that there so very few like him in the world at this moment. he was the most offensive of the wc by a big margin), but he is a winner, he knows how to make a winning team, and thats what we need. plus he will call up JRRiquelme.

--------------saviola------crespo
dallesandro-------------------------aimar
--------------------riquelme

:eek: :greed: :D

what a great attacking we have!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grondona wants Pekerman and he wants him very much, the town wants Bianchi, so its going to be a very hard choosing to the AFA, well, I guess Pekerman is the one who ganna take charge of the NT.

But what the tactics he uses?
And what the tactics Bianchi uses?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
batigold said:

--------------saviola------crespo
dallesandro-------------------------aimar
--------------------riquelme

:eek: :greed: :D

what a great attacking we have!!!!!!!

Indeed, a great attacking force. Wre will u put Veron and Ortega then?? With so much attacking option, I sure Argentina will be the fave again for WC 2006!!!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
bieng the favourites isnt allways good it adds to the pressure
but when you look at the players we have to choose from im
sure Argentina will get a better result in2006 :D

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well, I prefer being a strong team than being No.1 Favorites, it sucks when you play under so fecking pressures.

Anyway, I am sure the next championships have more to give Argentina than this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts