381 - 400 of 413 Posts

·
V.I.P
5,691 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello!

That Jozsi Jr seems like one heck of a guy. Tough act to follow with introductions but I will do my best...

Hi Everyone! I have been lurking around for 4 years and I love it! Now I finally took the time to register. I am 33 now and lived in Hungary for the first 8 years of life in Eger. I was a big fan of Ujpest as a small kid (probably just to bug my family who loved Ferencvaros) and the national team with players like Detari, Kardos, Szendrei. I remember watching the WC 1986 in Balaton. I still have followed Hungarian soccer the best as I could and obviously with the internet, live streams it has been getting easier and easier. I love the Aranycsapat too. I have been able to visit cousins and grandparents a couple of times since I left the country in 1988. Otherwise I live in Canada with my Canadian wife who is very good at learning to speak Hungarian and my two very little kids. My son is obsessed with hockey and is already an excellent skater at 3 years old but he likes soccer too. I don't know any Hungarians in my city (there aren't that many) and I don't see my parents much (my brothers were born in Canada). I love this forum because the people here really know there stuff about Hungarian soccer and seem like nice smart people. Also I didn't finish grade 2 in Hungary so I read better in English than Hungarian.

What is your first name? Attila

How old are you? 33

Where do you live? Canada

Where are you/your family from in Hungary? (for people outside the mother land) Eger

Which club teams do you support? Vancouver Whitecaps FC, Dortmund, Bayern Munchen, Everton

Favorite Hungarian player: Vladimir Koman,

Favorite non Hungarian player Robert Lewandowski

First live match you attended? Eger FC (nb 2 mecs)

Favorite football match? Seeing Man Utd beat Celtic live in Seattle, or seeing Real Madrid live. Eger qualifying to the nb1 when I was a kid. Canada winning the Gold Cup in 2000. Also we had a great team with a great bunch of boys in the youth soccer team that I coached for eight years so there are lots of favorites there.

Best footballing moment? Probably when the soccer team I coached won our first championship.

Worst Footballing moment? Any game with corrupt refereeing

Footballing Hero? Sandor Kocsis because he was my grandpa's favorite

Non footballing Hero? Pavel Bure

Favorite Film? Kingpin

Favorite tv programme? Star Trek Deep Space Nine

How did you find xtratime? Internet search

·
Registered
17,900 Posts
Welcome! Don't be shy to post, hope you become a regular member here.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #392 (Edited)
What is your first name?

János

How old are you?

Where do you live?
Nottingham

Where are you/your family from in Hungary? (for people outside the mother land)
Ajka

Which club teams do you support?
Man United and Hungarian NT

Favorite Hungarian player
Tisza Tibor, Torghelle Sándor

Favorite non Hungarian player
Ronaldo

First live match you attended?
England vs. Nigeria 1994 Wembley Stadium

Favorite football match?
Man United 4 - 0 Newcastle 1996

Best footballing moment?
Beating Germany with two Torghelle goals

Worst Footballing moment?
Too many to mention. Maybe Zlatan scoring in the last mins either in 2005 or 2009 (I think it was)

Favorite Quote?
"You can win anything with kids"

Footballing Hero?
Ferenc Puskas

Non footballing Hero?
Uncle Rupert, Chris Nolan

Favorite Film?
Memento/Dark Knight

Favorite tv programme?
Breaking Bad

Favorite Comedian?
Borat (he's the charector I know)

How did you find xtratime?[/QUOTE]
I made XT

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #393
I don't really have a Hungarian team as such, just yet.
Still searching for the right one.

Any suggestions? Which is the closest to Csorna?

·
Registered
42,508 Posts
I'm not sure but I like your favourite movies and shows, Homeland is great as is T2, though I'm a little worried about the third season of Homeland as the second season of Homeland was a little more inconsistent than the first season, I'm really hoping the third season can reach the same standards set by the first season. Love watching Claire Danes, Damian Lewis and the rest of the cast on this show.

Welcome.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #395
Thanks for the welcome チャットキラー :)

I like Homeland very much.Obama likes it too :D

Normally if a show is a success in the first season the rest are watered down so it can last longer and make more money. However. I've not been disappointed.

I liked the Tim Roth show Lie to Me before it got cancelled.

T2 was mind-blowing at the time, and still is. The scale and scope of the movie in the time it was made was major achievement.

·
Registered
42,508 Posts
I wonder what Obama thought about the drone sub-plot they explored throughout some of the episodes.

I just heard the third season returns September 29, kind of surprised it's only a few months away. Time really passes quickly.

·
Registered
17,900 Posts
I don't really have a Hungarian team as such, just yet.
Still searching for the right one.

Any suggestions? Which is the closest to Csorna?
Welcome to the forum!
Nice to have some new faces here.

I think the closest NBI team would be Gyor... but you should become an FTC fan :)

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
^ Yes, for a guy called Frank or Feri, it makes sense to support Fradi ;)

Not to mention you're a Juventus fan too (like me) it also makes sense to support the nation's most successful club :)

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #400
Thanks for the welcome guys.

I don't really follow club football so much. My daddy is a massive fan of the 3 lions but as my mother is Hungarian we started to follow the Hungarian guys. Zoltan Gera is very much respected here and we love him. We also think the kid Szalai has shown class.

I don't think I should become a ETO fan as I may be accused of being a glory hunter!

381 - 400 of 413 Posts