Registered
44,603 Posts
Welcome.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and you don't know a lick of Russian? :confused:
know the basics, know the cases. i am very bad with languages. i even studied russian 2 semesters in college before going to Russia. I want to learn, trying, just not very good.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
know the basics, know the cases. i am very bad with languages. i even studied russian 2 semesters in college before going to Russia. I want to learn, trying, just not very good.
You should have at least memorized the alphabet if you studied it for a year :moan:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You should have at least memorized the alphabet if you studied it for a year :moan:
Well i do know the alphabet. I can read players names, generally navigate about russian language websites, just not understand much.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Well i do know the alphabet. I can read players names, generally navigate about russian language websites, just not understand much.
Fair enough, I saw an infomercial for some fast language learning CD program you can buy, looks pretty cool :D Maybe take another class in grad school :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fair enough, I saw an infomercial for some fast language learning CD program you can buy, looks pretty cool :D Maybe take another class in grad school :thumbsup:
I have all the learning materials. Torrented a $600 audio cd. I should listen to it on my commute to and from work but I am too tired usually and just listen to Colin Cowherd on ESPN Radio.

I have my old materials. I should learn since I have the grammar basics, I can read it, and I can pick up on words verbally quickly. It is just a matter of memorizing vocabulary.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
Well that's good for you. He did say he's not that good with languages, and Russian is not that easy to learn.
Agreed on that, I'd probably take a year or more to be able to speak it at an understandable level, but most people get scared because of the different alphabet, which isn't that difficult in reality.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts