1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
It's entirely different situation at AZ though. Mostly young players, as opposed to the old farts at Feyenoord unwilling to change the way they think about working out and physical exercise.

·
Registered
59,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True, though will the players want to mainly work in the gym and on conditioning instead of working with the ball ?

Heerenveen players like Dingsdag complained about it too but just lacked the balls to call for a revolution like Kevin and Theo :proud:.

·
Registered
59,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:howler:

Another team for him to destroy

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Actually I'm alright with this. AZ doesn't let the coach take any transfer decisions. I remember when we got Romero and a journalist asked Van Gaal how he discovered him. He said: "I didn't, our scouts did. They showed me a video compilation and said 'that's your new keeper, enjoy'" :D

It's too dangerous to give your coach too much power; Ajax have consistently been proving that recently. You need a stable organization to do all the work and let the coach be just a coach. Like Twente and AZ are doing/have done.

·
Registered
41,232 Posts
He also flopped at Valencia and Benfica, where his bed wasn't spread by the last owner, actually truth be told, he had one hell of a squad at Valencia and barely scraped together two wins.

He's a stubborn know-it-all with no tact whatsoever and he's weak tactically.

AZ, I hope you enjoyed the run, we all did and now back to the Totodivisie you go! Adieu my friends! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
He has a good CL trackrecord with several teams now. Even reached the quarter finals of it with a mediocre Benfica. Especially against better sides on paper he achieved his best results.

·
Registered
41,232 Posts
Honestly, I rate this guy under Van Basten even, maybe a bit above Gullit.

Horrible person, even worse coach, you heard it here first, AZ fighting with Willem II for that all important 13th spot next season! :cool:

·
Registered
41,232 Posts
Could be, if there's one thing I learned while supporting Feyenoord, it's that you should never make any bold claims before the season starts. Humble will be my middle name when it comes to Feyenoord next season and I hope the Gods use their karma points wisely. :thumbsup:

I'd advise you 020 guys to try the same, but with your noses stuck up your asses so far already, it'll be tough. :D

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
He also flopped at Valencia and Benfica, where his bed wasn't spread by the last owner, actually truth be told, he had one hell of a squad at Valencia and barely scraped together two wins.
Well to be fair the entire club was in turmoil back then. It wasn't entirely his fault. The president told him to get rid of the older players like Albelda but didn't back him in the end when those influential players started their bullshit.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Could be, if there's one thing I learned while supporting Feyenoord, it's that you should never make any bold claims before the season starts. Humble will be my middle name when it comes to Feyenoord next season and I hope the Gods use their karma points wisely. :thumbsup:

I'd advise you 020 guys to try the same, but with your noses stuck up your asses so far already, it'll be tough. :D
If we become humble you don't have any reason to hate us anymore. You don't want that, do you? :smileani:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.