Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well first off who will be taking charge on Wednesday, and untill a new manager is brought in, I'm hearing it could be Terry Westley and Peschisolido, this was mentioned on East Midlands news apparently, the announcement of who it is, is expected today.

But who is the long term solution?

We need someone with experience, and someone who can get the players motivated and playing to their ability, because we do have a good squad of players. But who is there out there with experience?

Peter Reid? Jim Smith? George Graham? wouldn't mind him, doubt we'd be able to get him though...and that's a bout all I can think of.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Press conference this afternoon, you can watch it for free on www.dcfc.co.uk, no details on what time it will take place yet.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Terry Westley has been named as the caretaker manager, a bit of a step up from the academy manager, but there was not really any other choice.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I think he was the only choice considering the circumstances, and now its the annual, who's gonna be the new manager. The board must go for someone experinced, but I don't wana mention names, because some clowns will go for Joe Kinnear, Stan Ternernt etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A picture of Terry Westley, don't think I've ever seen his face before, I've seen him form a distance on matchdays but that's it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's done a good job at the academy, that's for sure, when he was brought into the 1st team setup earlier in the season, he seemed to be more animated than Brown and Holdsworth.

He isn't interested in the job full time, he says he is the academy manager, and that's his role, I just hope he brings a couple of youngsters in, in his short reign, like Ashton, Barnes and Ainsworth.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never even noticed that :embarass:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Jimmy Calderwood from Aberdeen i see has been banded around, on the BBC website, don't want to see him in charge personally but you never know with this board

Also, If my memory serves me correctly, It was this time about 2 years ago where Crystal Palace bought in Dowie as thier manager. I think they lost only 2 games on their way to the playoffs that year, so it shows that anything is possible in this league!!!.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
i saw his name branded around. I never really heard of the bloke, they shouldn't give him the job though, cause Aberdeen aren't exactly flying high in the scottish leauge.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
My dad says a mate of his has told him that George Graham has been seen around Derby in the past few days, take it with a pinch of salt though cause it might be grade A Bullplop.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Peter Reid has supposedly been spotted as well, I've heard all this before though.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Peter Reid seems to be the bookies favourite....you can get 50-1 on Sven Goran Eriksson :howler:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I've seen Guus Hiddink in Poundland in Derby, buying sum polo mints!!!!!!!!!!!, if you see a manager in town, doesn't mean bugger all!!!. Has anyone gained any confidence about tonight's game, or are we still down in the dumps and expecting a home loss!!!!

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HajdukSplit said:
Guus Hiddink will prove to be a disaster at the World Cup :thmbup:
:howler:

Too see him manage Derby would be a dream for me....it's all it will be as well sadly, unless some Russian or arab billionaire shows up one day.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
There's been a lot in the scottish paper about Derby's interest in Aberdeen Manager Jimmy Calderwood. Personally speaking - I don't think he would be capable of turning round a relegation threatened team unlike George Burley.

1 - 20 of 209 Posts