Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
real madrid cf have a great youth system and have some excellent young talents coming up. some i have been very impressed with this season are:

-PORTILLO
-FRANCISCO PAVON
-RAUL BRAVO
-MINAMBRES

these have all had great performances whenever they have played...i think players like portillo and pavon have a lot of potential to become the next raul and hierro at real madrid cf. del bosque should give these players chances to impress against the weaker teams. maybe we wont lose as much then...;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Cruel intentions!!!!

well lets hope they have to be sold beacuse the huge debts or that you buy another Figo or Zidane and forget them so Barcelona could snatch them.

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
those so called 'huge debts' are already cleared. barca could never snatch away any of our best players, they should follow our example and try producing a good player or too.

we need a few replacements in a few years time...hierro is already a veteran, but i think we should buy ourselves a younger defender to replace him. i think lucio of bayer leverkusen could do the job very well. or maybe pavon could too, but he seems too inexperienced and still needs time to prove himself, lucio already did that.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Alé Nesta is the perfect replacement for Hierro, his natural leadership is on par with the legend and his defensive skills are better then Hierros at his younger age. Maybe Alé doesnt have the passing skill that is needed and we will surely lack that, but a solution is to put Helguera as central defender together with him (eventhough i think Ivan is a natural DMC).

Pavón has time to sit on the bench and learn a bit more, he is already VERY experienced but he will probably sit most of the time on the bench (draw some parrales to Iker this season) :)

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i agree with u totally about nesta being a perfect replacement for hierro more or less...but its only a dream, since real madrid cf probably wont secure his signature, and there is much doubt whether he will ever leave italy. besides...i see the whole idea of squandering some 40-50$ mil on his services as a bit of a waste, after all, there is an abundance of quality centre backs, all young who would cost less then half the money we would pay for nesta.

i still think lucio would be an excellent buy, he is only 23, has full experience on both international level (he has become a regular in brazil's team) and at club level (a lot of success with leverkusen in the last few seasons) for his young age. his skills in particular are excellent for his age too, he is physically and mentally strong, unbeatable in the air, solid tackler, good at counterattacks, moderately good speed, very good dribbler and gives his best every game. his temperament is something he needs to work on, but as he gets older he will improve...notice that he has defied almost every singe one of the best strikers in europe (trezeguet, tristan, nistelrooij, del piero, owen and many more top class strikers) and is the rock of the leverkusen defence and carries his defensive team-mates at times, like zivkovic and co... to top all those awesome qualities off, he also scores goals once in a while too, and in german league he has scored 6 goals in total i think, and some of them have been very crucial (liverpool).

so overall, he is the compact defender, most possibly the best young defender in the world, and if we get his name on our contract (he will cost probably around 10-12$ mil at most) and will give us over 10 great years like hierro did. see my point? why buy nesta, when u can save money for an almost equally good defender (he will be one of the best soon) .

:)

anyways despite whoever we buy, we will still be one of the best. just a suggestion.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
OMG, i think you are contradicting yourself on one thing. You say Lucio is awesome and bring up his impressive record this season but then you value him as low as....10-12 million :eek:

Thats way too low, i would say AT LEAST 20 million for him after this wonder season.

And dont forget, Nesta hasnt been himself this season and Lazio needs to sell off some players and sort of start all over. This might lead to a lower price.
On the same time, thir new coach has said he will build his team around Alé and Crespo so maybe it indeed is just a dream having Nesta :undecide:

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i value lucio as almost priceless...i just assumed that he would cost around 10-12$ mil, remember leverkusen will have plenty of cash from their transfers of ballack and ze roberto, so a price of between 10-15$ mil will be very reasonable for them.

lazio havent had a good season, but still their best player is still nesta. cragnotti would be crazy to sell him in the first place...and if he will nesta will cost an absolute sh1tload of money which i dont think really is that neccessary since lucio could do the job in hierro's position almost just as well.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I just don't trust Brazilian defenders.Too adventerous for me.;)

My first choice is without doubt Nesta.If not him, I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to have Samuel,the rock of THE best defence in Europe,Roma.It's probably a distant dream though.

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you dont trust brazilian defenders? i guess u must be a roberto carlos critic then! brazilians have excellent defenders...cafu, aldair, lucio, baiano were all excellent defenders who did well on international level. lucio would do VERY WELL if real madrid decided to purchase him.

getting nesta is close to impossible, and perez doesnt seem keen on samuel, i admit he is a superb defender though and would make a great addition to our team.

just to continue our topic on 'new madridstas' do anyone of you think VIERA can come to real madrid in the summer?

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
I think it is really time to trust the young without reserves. I've seen too many excellent projects vanish because the club just didn't dare to give them the final chance. The names of Aganzo, Tena, Corona, Rivera or Meca are just some of them. Also one of our most useful players grown up at the "cantera" (youth system), Víctor had to migrate to Deportivo to show the kind of great player he is :depress:
Well, now that TV's are less than ready to spend millions on football it's time to take the lead and see if the new generation keeps shining between the elder. I really want to see Portillo, Bravo and Rubén enjoying more minutes, and would really appreciate the club picks Fernando back from Valldolid where he plays on loan.
The best proof something good is about to come is that Barça is closely scouting Bravo and Portillo, apart from tempting Casillas every monday and thursday. I just wonder what should Barça's own youth players be thinking when they see their club turning to their archrival's promises instead of them :confused:

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Actually,I'm a huge fan of Roberto Carlos, and Cafu, and would always give every Brazilian fullback a second look.What I meant was I don't trust Brazilian central defenders.Where you gotta defend all the time.And no Brazilian(or at least 99% of them:D ) cannot defend all the time,and Lucio seems no different.He's got great skills ,but he wants to go forward too much,and that is the only problem I have with him.He's gonna give us a lot of near-heart attacks.:nervous:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
There're simply too many failed promises after Aldair and perhaps we should just look at Lucio for another season or two before making a decision. After all, Leverkusen is unlikely to allow him to go since their team will then go through too drastic a changeover.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Talking of our youngsters, I was reading a few days ago that Casillas isnt very happy at the moment, obviously coz he isnt keeping goal. Basically this is based on some of the comments he has made to the press and his agent will be speaking to the mgmt soon to try to solve these issues. I hope we keep him and dont cock up like we did with Canizares.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
Having a youth farm system is a blessing. Other than Real's great Quarry..my chilean Team ColoColo comes to mind..In that just 4 months ago the Team was declared bankrupt by a Judge....The Team was allowed to play the 2002 Championship and they have done xtremelly well..with nothing but younger players (Xcept 2 older players that have been around for ever with the Club) that have come up the ranks thru the Youth System of ColoColo itself.

;) :happy:;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that Real Madrid was thinking about starting a youth football academy somewhere near Barcelona. Anyone know if that happened?

I think it would be great for both Real Madrid and Catalan football in general - hell, we all know that Bar$a wouldn't play them (not unless they had a Dutch mother or something). :D

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
evilcrossbar said:
I remember reading somewhere that Real Madrid was thinking about starting a youth football academy somewhere near Barcelona. Anyone know if that happened?

I think it would be great for both Real Madrid and Catalan football in general - hell, we all know that Bar$a wouldn't play them (not unless they had a Dutch mother or something). :D
I posted an article regarding this a few months back, whether it materialized I dont know, but I did find out that Barca also has youth academies all over Spain and even in the Madrid area..So to me it sound more like head games between the Giants !!

:lala:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hoseman said:
I hope we keep him and dont cock up like we did with Canizares.
The difference between Cañi and Iker is that the latter enjoys the full confidence of Del Bosque (even when he is not playing), while Santiago struggled to impress Capello.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
el niño said:
...while Santiago struggled to impress Capello.
I feel a bit sad that time Canizares was leaving, but Illgner had a great part to play in our Liga title that season so it's so hard to overtook him!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts