Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soccer / New logos / IFA relegates menorah in favor of Star of David
By Moshe Boker

The Israel Football Association unveiled its new logo yesterday.

Chairman Avi Luzon decided on taking over at the helm of the IFA that he would, for the first time, turn the IFA logo into a marketable brand. Sport Five, the German company that won the tender to brand the IFA, presented the new national team logo at a press conference yesterday.
Advertisement

The blue-and-white theme remains a major part of the new logo (pictured right), and combines a Star of David with a soccer ball.

The word "Israel" appears in English in large letters, while the words "Israel Football Association" are printed in much smaller letters in Hebrew.

The IFA also unveiled the Premier League's new logo, which is now blue, white and red. The new State Cup logo is black and gold, while the new Israel Referees Association is black and blue.

The head of Sport Five in Israel, Dirk Schlunz, said his company, which works with 270 clubs and more than 40 national soccer associations, had been conducting surveys over the past 12 months to decide on the new logos for Israeli soccer.

At yesterday's press conference, Avi Luzon said the new logos "express the IFA's vision for the future of the sport in Israel and the innovation of a new era."

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
great logo?? it looks like sh!t, a copy of the ireland logo!! i honestly think we should mail IFA and demand that we keep our same badge!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Why???It`s a great logo!!!Yes, it looks like a copy of the ireland logo, or Arsenal a bit!!But whit a new Sponsor maybe Adidas???That would be great :)Adidas shirt and this Logo together!!!Perfect ...

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This one looks more reliable and can create a brand awareness like Englands FA has or France rooster.....

This was surveyed. Some i guessing it got alot of attention and good reponse from alot of people...

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
I like the logo, if Adidas will come definitely the shirt will look very nice. I will certainly want to buy the jersey.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
The old logo:

I liked the old one better. I guess a Star of David on the Israeli shirts is sort of better in a symbolic way because it resembles the national flag, but I liked the old logo with the menorah. Also, the new logo's Hebrew text is too small.

Sidenote: the Israeli basketball association still uses a menorah-based logo I believe.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Easy there, Zohar.... :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts