Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Lol, that would be nice- even now when you compare him to Lovenkrands.

I don't think we'll ever have a player of Laudrup's class again but I'm getting a good feeling from the way Buffel is finding his touch. I noticed in the papers that both Prso and Vignal were praising the Belgian too.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Laudo looks exactly the same. Coisty and some of the others must have been embarassed. Definitely the best Rangers player I saw at Ibrox, and I bet he could still do a job.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Talking of left wingers, if Rangers were to go out in the summer and get another who would you like to see? For example let's just say we finally found someone to take Lovenkrands.

I'd like to see Buffel's international team mate Stein Huysegems arrive at the club. The guy is only 23 and has very good pace- not bad skill either. Who can forget the way he tore Zurab to shreds in our tie with Alkmaar this season.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Marco Negri said:
Remember the rumour in December that Ryan Giggs was coming to Rangers in the transfer window? Hmmmm.
Lol, I never heard that rumour.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
You must have heard wrong Marco. It'll be in the summer ;) We've already had the poor man's Ryan Giggs (Neil McCann). Now we can get, well, the poor man's Arjen Robben.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Not my words :angel: Those were the words of Craig Brown when he was still Scotland manager. McCann was playing at Hearts at the time.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
I don't think so. He played for Dundee definitely because they got to the semi-final of the European Cup in '62, as he likes to mention.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I think he was at Rangers at one point, but don't think he actually got a game.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
Talking of left wingers, if Rangers were to go out in the summer and get another who would you like to see? For example let's just say we finally found someone to take Lovenkrands.

I'd like to see Buffel's international team mate Stein Huysegems arrive at the club. The guy is only 23 and has very good pace- not bad skill either. Who can forget the way he tore Zurab to shreds in our tie with Alkmaar this season.
Huysegems is a very skilled player who allways works his ass off, but he is an extremely poor finisher. When he scores its sometimes Zlatanesque but nowadays he still manages to miss most easy tap ins. He could be a good player for the long term.

Immediate reinforcements are a lot harder to find, Im affraid :(

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Cheers for the information UtregBear. It's good to get the feedback from someone who sees the player alot more that we do. You say is finishing is poor but what about his final ball? Can he still deliver the ball to the strikers from the wide areas?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
Lol, that would be nice- even now when you compare him to Lovenkrands.

I don't think we'll ever have a player of Laudrup's class again but I'm getting a good feeling from the way Buffel is finding his touch. I noticed in the papers that both Prso and Vignal were praising the Belgian too.
I had a few doubts if he made the right choice to join the Rangers after I read some rather negative reviews about here on the forum, but last night (Belgium Bosnia 4-1) he was outstanding. A constant treat on the right-flank running past his defenders and he scored a very nice goal.
Scottish football definately made him stronger and more agressive. Keep it the good work lads. ;)

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Kampfschwein said:
I had a few doubts if he made the right choice to join the Rangers after I read some rather negative reviews about here on the forum, but last night (Belgium Bosnia 4-1) he was outstanding. A constant treat on the right-flank running past his defenders and he scored a very nice goal.
Scottish football definately made him stronger and more agressive. Keep it the good work lads. ;)
I read the Belgian NT thread and was really pleased to hear he played well. There are some misguided people writing him off as a flop here, but that's ridiculous. I think most of the Rangers fans have every faith that he'll be a success here. Toughening him up can only make a better player as well. I've certainly noticed a difference in the way he approaches physical challenges since he joined. He's not afraid to shoulder charge defenders twice his size now. I'm not saying he wins these challenges, but at least he tries ;). Hopefully I can find a clip of his goal cos I heard it was a cracker.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Strangely enough in the build up to the Italy-Scotland game yesterday they were talking about Gattuso. They were saying that they believed he got alot of his aggression and power from playing in Scottish football with Rangers. It's not something you would associate with an Italian footballer- a midfield terrier.

That may be the case with Buffel. He's certainly not going to improve technically but improving the physical side might be a better balance for the ability he already has.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
Cheers for the information UtregBear. It's good to get the feedback from someone who sees the player alot more that we do. You say is finishing is poor but what about his final ball? Can he still deliver the ball to the strikers from the wide areas?
Sorry read this a bit late. Yeah he sure can, hes got a good technique :)

chivoexpiatorio said:
Strangely enough in the build up to the Italy-Scotland game yesterday they were talking about Gattuso. They were saying that they believed he got alot of his aggression and power from playing in Scottish football with Rangers. It's not something you would associate with an Italian footballer- a midfield terrier.

That may be the case with Buffel. He's certainly not going to improve technically but improving the physical side might be a better balance for the ability he already has.
Well Gio became a lot better when playing at Rangers, I think that was due to the physical football in the SPL as well. I think boys really become men in Scottish football ;)

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
I agree, I think the SPL is a good place for players to develop the physical side of their game- unfortnately not very good for the technical side of their game though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts