Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
It is massive, everyone i've spoke to has seen it just comments on the sheer size of the thing. :shades:

i'll have to try and get up there one day to have a look. :yawn:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How far you from the construction site, Jern? On one of the pics you can see Highbury in the background, it looks so tiny in comparison :proud:

WE ARE ARSENAL, SUPER ARSENAL, FROM THE GROVE ...

·
63,337 Posts
I'm about 2 and a half miles away, i have seen it but not since the roof went on, apparently with the roof on it has started to develop gargantuan proportions and over the modest Holloway skyline it now has started resembling some sort of temple to football. :proud:

it's great because Highbury you wouldn't even know it was there unless you were going there but this can be seen from alsorts of vantage points, i hear Highbury Hill is the best place to view it from.

·
63,337 Posts
walk ? :eekani: i haven't walked anywhere since i passed my driving test. :yawn: :yawn:

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
The Grove is beginning to look truly woderfull! :thumbsup:

Jern if I lived so close, I'd be there every day to see how the works progress. Hell I'd even give a hand to the workers so that it would get done sooner. :tongue:

One thing: how difficult do you think it will be to get the tickets for someone like me, from abroad, for any match?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
it looks amazing!! I can see it from my seat in the North Bank, and with the roof it almost looks complete!! :eekani: I really can't wait!! Its going to be one emotional day at Highbury on the last ever game though!! :proud: :proud:

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
I can't wait it to be finished. From what I saw from the design, the new stadium would look more gorgeous in the night with all light from the building glass and stadium rooftop lights. It must be cool. :thmbup:

Hopefully we will win the league in the last season of Highbury to make it sweet and memorable for all of us. And I am sure we can. :)

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
khimik said:
On one of the pics you can see Highbury in the background, it looks so tiny in comparison :proud:
In what picture? Is it really that tiny in comparison that I can't even see it at all? :eekani:

I saw some kind of square formed building, that was about it...Hmm.

It looks extremly impressive so far and it just gets better everyday. As someone mentioned it will be a sad day when we're leaving Highbury but when you move to a place like this instead, it feels pretty okey anyway... ;)

·
Arsenal Fan
5,476 Posts
That does look absoloutely amazing. Will be one of the best stadiums in the world, no doubt. Does anyone know when the pitch gets laid? Obviously there is just over a year left of construction, but that should mostly be the furnishings and seating and all the interior stuff. I can't wait to see some pictures where the centre of the great Grove is a mighty fine looking pitch. I think that will be laid last though?

·
Registered
478 Posts
What will the seating capacity be?

Khimik - don't worry about 5 magic - have a look at Old trafford for Gods sake.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It'll be 60,000 capacity, I think of which 57,000 is Gooners and the other 3,000 seats for away fans. I think we have the option to make it 70,000 in ten years time if the club want to, not sure to be honest.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
khimik said:
It'll be 60,000 capacity, I think of which 57,000 is Gooners and the other 3,000 seats for away fans. I think we have the option to make it 70,000 in ten years time if the club want to, not sure to be honest.
I think Jern said in a thread about Wembley, that theres no option to increase??? Or did I get it wrong :wallbang:

BTW it looks awesome, saw it last month* :eekani:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts