Xtratime Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I think that it is time to create new forum in Xtratime for Slovenian soccer. I see quite some Slovenian fans here (Walter, Matjaz...) and because I know that Slovenians are great posters I think that such a forum would be a success!

I would be glad to moderate such a forum, too.

Best regards,
Red Devil

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
Hi Red Devils,

I will create a Slovenian thread where u can post all things about Slovenian Football and if enough interest is generated that im sure the XT Admin team will happily create a Slovenian Forum :)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Monday, July 8, 2002
Prasnikar set for Slovenia job

LJUBLJANA, July 8 (Reuters) - Maribor coach Bojan Prasnikar has agreed to become Slovenia's national coach after Srecko Katanec's resignation, the Slovenian soccer association (NZS) said on Monday.
'We expect by Wednesday to confirm his appointment,' the association's secretary general Dane Jost said.

Prasnikar confirmed the four-year deal in a statement to local media.

Last season Prasnikar lead Maribor to their sixth successive first division title and he will combine coaching the club with his national duties, Radio Slovenia reported.

Katanec surprisingly took the tiny Alpine state of two million people to the 2000 European Championship and the recent World Cup finals in South Korea and Japan.

But the tournament was clouded by rows within the squad and he announced his resignation after a quarrel with star player Zlatko Zahovic after a 3-1 defeat by Spain in their opening match.

Slovenia's next match is a friendly against Italy in mid-August before kicking off their 2004 European Championship qualifying campaign against Malta on September 7.

soccernet ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.