Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to interview that Vecernji list had with Jozic, Croatian NT will now have 4-4-2 formation and play more attacting football.

Apperantly, Jozic doesnt thin there is anyone that can replace Tudor properly, so he is changing the formation a bit... this is actually going to be more attacking formation..

Suker will now play in attack instead of as attacking midfielder but will be active in setting up plays as well...

Current team:
Pletikosu - Živkoviæa, D. Šimiæa, R. Kovaèa, Jarnija - Tomasa, Soldu - Staniæa, Prosineèkog - Bokšiæa i Šukera.

Link:
http://www.vecernji-list.hr/SP2002/2002/05/16/Pages/obrana.html

Link to Vecernji lists SP2002 pages, with daily reports on our team:
http://www.vecernji-list.hr/SP2002

·
Registered
212 Posts
Formation is ok,my only concern is lack of mobility and running off the ball in midfield.I would much prefer to see Niko Kovac in there in place of Tomas who is more preferred as a defender.

That way you would have 3 workers in midfield (Soldo,Stanic,N.Kovac) in front of 4 defenders allowing Prosinecki to play behind 2 strikers thereby allowing him to create and utilise others more effectively.Also given most teams play with 2 up front this will probably allow Jarni to move up more on the left flank as well.....

Can't wait...AJMO VATRENI....

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Kovac will replace Robi more than Tomas, depending on against who are we playing...

·
Registered
212 Posts
SPWOLF,you might be right and i'd like to see Niko in the starting 11.My only concern is lack of creativity with Tomas and Soldo in the middle together. eg:Qualifying games we scored minimal goals against weaker opposition.

In future at least likes of Vranjes and yes even Biscan seem to have more attacking flair about them than Tomas.Last thing we need is to fail and be boring at the same time.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
I like the formation.

With N. Kovac and Soldo I think it would have been better to call up a gifted mid no matter how young he is. It would have been worth it for experience to play a little and with such a defence the risk on the pitch would have been minimal.

Now we finally get to see Suker-Boksic together. Not many better partnerships up front.

My confidence grows.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts