Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are now in a position where we have to find new FMs for the German and the Bayern Munchen forums.

Suggestions/nominations should be posted in this thread, please try to be constructive, and the German forum will still live to see its best days.

If anyone is interested, please let us know, and post it in this thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
what happened to the previous post?

they ban our moderators and censor what we want to know

I'm sorry, but the rookie will retire from this crappy forum
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was not censored, I just opened a new topic where all kinds of complaints wouldn't be on top of the list, but a topic where we could work constructively towards a new solution.

If you want to read the old topic, it is still here further down on the forum front page.

Now please, this topic is for finding new candidates for the job, not for everything else.

For the record, I do not censor anyone!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,672 Posts
Hello all, sorry for letting you wait for so long. Firstly I'd like to say I agree with you, and Frank's contribution to Xtratime was acknowledged and the guy indeed did a lot for his forum and you.

Now onto the banning. Frank has been banned of Xtratime as of late, due to the fact he deliberately tried to hurt the management team and cause havoc among CM's and FM's by 'breaking' the CM forum, while using his friend Captain Sandro's password. For those who don't know, the Community Managers have their own 'secret' area to speak in, just like the FM's have the FM forum. This fact has been backed up by plenty of factual evidence, from similar posting style, through dodgy explanations, similar IPs and to top it all, Frank had never 'exposed' the mysterious source which got him the many threads from the CM forum, which he practically sent out to the whole world so to speak. 'The hacker' which posted under the name of Captain Sandro (Sascha) had the same IP as Frank in two posts which were made within 14 minutes.

This is a very severe offense in which both Sascha and Frank took part. Frank had refused to apologize or admit, if he did it, he could have easily avoid a ban.

Not all is lost and things could change in the near future. I am all hope that it will be a positive change.

Thanks,
Xtratime CM and Admin team
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,672 Posts
As I promised. I will give the evidence I have taken from the admin facilities.

Firstly, as suspected there is no hacking going on in terms of accessing the CM forum. The only thing that is in question is whether a CM gave an FM his password or whether the FM guessed.hacked whatever you want to call it, his password.

Either way there is a series crime here.


Anyway here is the evidence.

Community manager captain Sandro is in Italy at the moment, and has logged onto his account with a host of .iunet.it
a confirmed Italian ISP.
It has also been noted that over the last month or so that a german host has also been using this account almost. The host is .dip.t-dialin.net which is a confirmed German ISP.



Upon further invistigation it is confirmed that a current FM uses this same ISP. It is not without coincidence that this is the same FM that claims to have been given screenshots from another user.

That FM is Tigerheart. his host is also shown as dip.t-dialin.net.

I have the following matching IP's of posts from Captain Sandro's account and Tigerhearts, as of yesterday.

The IP information from Tigerheart's post on February 27 at 9:57 am Central time:

The IP Address is: 217.82.193.68. The host name is: pD952C144.dip.t-dialin.net.


The IP information from CaptainSandro's post on February 27 at 10:11 am Central time:

The IP Address is: 217.82.193.68. The host name is: pD952C144.dip.t-dialin.net.

With Sascha in Italy, there is only one conclusion.

Other evidence if this isn't enough , as follows


If you start two browsers, one search for Sascha's post history, the other being Franks' post history.

Now look at the date and time of Sascha's and compare that with Franks's history on the same date. You may find that:

1. They were never posting at the same time

2. Whenever Sascha posted in the CM forum during the month of April, Frank was never far behind on XT.

3) Sascha's post for the second half of April originate from Germany, but he is supposed to be in Italy.

4) There is one exception, Sascha's defensive post in the CM forum regarding leaked information, which originated from Italy.

5) There seems to be a change in the IP address and host names for Sascha's posts between the 18th and the 23rd of April. The same change occured in Frank's posts with the IP addresses and host names being very similar. (For Frank, the changed seemed to occur between the 19th and 20th of April. Sascha did not post enough to get the exact date his IP info changed).

6) Before the change, the first two of the four numbers of their IP numbers matched, with the third number being in a similar range. The first several digits of their host names always matched.

7) In one instance, three of the four numbers of their IP numbers are identical matches, and there is only a one-digit difference in their host names.

8) Frank somehow managed to get copies of threads in the CM forum through his "source"


Remember the above evidence just adds to the concrete proof we have with the IP address being identical. This is not a case of a proxy.

So I give it to you all. Be Judge and jury, but bear this in mind. Those who are asking for fairness must also be prepared to make a decision like this. You wanted us to offer you a chance for input. Here it is!
What do you think we should do in this case?

Also remember Frank's earlier reply to my question of punishment for such a crime.




Thank you and please be fair :)
 

·
International
Joined
·
8,545 Posts
How come this evidence is acceptable while mine a while back was not refuted, just brushed off...swept under the rug?

Am I not entitled to justice?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RazorUK gave you an explanation IVO, that a proxy IP was used in that case, and in that case he would need to go further in to it to prove positive guilt. As far as I know, he is still looking into it, as that was the last thing I heard about it. Meanwhile the poster in question has been removed as FM. An IP ban would probably not be an acceptable solution even with the proof being accepted, since two xtratime users share that IP.

I can guarantee you that it was never brushed under the carpet, and we are taking it as serious as any other case.

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,601 Posts
gOD said:
Now onto the banning. Frank has been banned of Xtratime as of late, due to the fact he deliberately tried to hurt the management team and cause havoc among CM's and FM's by 'breaking' the CM forum, while using his friend Captain Sandro's password. For those who don't know, the Community Managers have their own 'secret' area to speak in, just like the FM's have the FM forum.

Sorry gOD, for asking this silly funny question!!
Is there any written rules saying that members are forbidden to enter FM forum, and FMs are forbidden to enter CM forum?
If someone could enter any forbidden (if it's said forbidden :)) forum, isn't that either the management's fault for not making a good security? :)
 

·
International
Joined
·
8,545 Posts
I'm not talking about that Orange. I was publicly attacked and slandered by a member of the management team. I put together a case against the person and sent it to an administrator. That administrator gave me the run around and did not keep their word that they would present my case to the rest of the management team. Then my concern was taken up by another administrator and it was brushed off.

Since then, it'd been swept under the rug.

If it were a regular member I wouldn't care, I'd deal with it myself but it's a member of the management team who breaks the very rules they're designated to uphold.

I want to know:

1. Why was I given the run around?
2. Why was my case not presented to the management team like I was told it would be?
3. Why has it been swept under the rug?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have never seen you be slandered by any of the Admin team, nor seen proof of it(I may have missed it being posted). Obviously the persons in question that dealt with this matter, thought that it was not severe enough to be labled as a breach of Xtratime rules. In such a case, I reckon not much more will happen. You should however have gotten an explanation. Perhaps you can send me the PM if you have still got it, and I will take a look at it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,672 Posts
Bodat said:
Sorry gOD, for asking this silly funny question!!
Is there any written rules saying that members are forbidden to enter FM forum, and FMs are forbidden to enter CM forum?
If someone could enter any forbidden (if it's said forbidden :)) forum, isn't that either the management's fault for not making a good security? :)
A written rule? I don't think so, I'll cjheck it but in the end that is irrelevant. Frank knew he wasn't suppose to come there. Let alone spread the information he read in that place with the eye on causing an agressive fuss.

This also is a matter of trust. You don't have to be a genious to know that passwords surve a cause. That using someone else's password goes against the spirit of a system. After all this is just as ite to talk football. It's not the FBI-network therefore a security-system of passwords should be enough.

Anyway this case nor discussion will be re-opened. This is the evidence and based on that we came to a decision. It's up to the candidates to make up their mind. The only thing we ask you is to be objective and fair. Do you want to be a part of the team that makes Xtratime such a great place?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,756 Posts
gOD said:
As I promised. I will give the evidence I have taken from the admin facilities.

Firstly, as suspected there is no hacking going on in terms of accessing the CM forum. The only thing that is in question is whether a CM gave an FM his password or whether the FM guessed.hacked whatever you want to call it, his password.

Either way there is a series crime here.


Anyway here is the evidence.

Community manager captain Sandro is in Italy at the moment, and has logged onto his account with a host of .iunet.it
a confirmed Italian ISP.
It has also been noted that over the last month or so that a german host has also been using this account almost. The host is .dip.t-dialin.net which is a confirmed German ISP.



Upon further invistigation it is confirmed that a current FM uses this same ISP. It is not without coincidence that this is the same FM that claims to have been given screenshots from another user.

That FM is Tigerheart. his host is also shown as dip.t-dialin.net.

I have the following matching IP's of posts from Captain Sandro's account and Tigerhearts, as of yesterday.

The IP information from Tigerheart's post on February 27 at 9:57 am Central time:

The IP Address is: 217.82.193.68. The host name is: pD952C144.dip.t-dialin.net.


The IP information from CaptainSandro's post on February 27 at 10:11 am Central time:

The IP Address is: 217.82.193.68. The host name is: pD952C144.dip.t-dialin.net.

With Sascha in Italy, there is only one conclusion.

Other evidence if this isn't enough , as follows


If you start two browsers, one search for Sascha's post history, the other being Franks' post history.

Now look at the date and time of Sascha's and compare that with Franks's history on the same date. You may find that:

1. They were never posting at the same time

2. Whenever Sascha posted in the CM forum during the month of April, Frank was never far behind on XT.

3) Sascha's post for the second half of April originate from Germany, but he is supposed to be in Italy.

4) There is one exception, Sascha's defensive post in the CM forum regarding leaked information, which originated from Italy.

5) There seems to be a change in the IP address and host names for Sascha's posts between the 18th and the 23rd of April. The same change occured in Frank's posts with the IP addresses and host names being very similar. (For Frank, the changed seemed to occur between the 19th and 20th of April. Sascha did not post enough to get the exact date his IP info changed).

6) Before the change, the first two of the four numbers of their IP numbers matched, with the third number being in a similar range. The first several digits of their host names always matched.

7) In one instance, three of the four numbers of their IP numbers are identical matches, and there is only a one-digit difference in their host names.

8) Frank somehow managed to get copies of threads in the CM forum through his "source"


Remember the above evidence just adds to the concrete proof we have with the IP address being identical. This is not a case of a proxy.

So I give it to you all. Be Judge and jury, but bear this in mind. Those who are asking for fairness must also be prepared to make a decision like this. You wanted us to offer you a chance for input. Here it is!
What do you think we should do in this case?

Also remember Frank's earlier reply to my question of punishment for such a crime.




Thank you and please be fair :)
:howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:

This is the most pathetic crap i ever read on this board... u guys suck soooo much and the funny thing is u don't even know! :rolleyes:

BTW: i just want to apply for being FM in the German forum. :) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,150 Posts
So much for "living to see it´s best days"...
 

·
International
Joined
·
9,526 Posts
Rod said:


:howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:

This is the most pathetic crap i ever read on this board... u guys suck soooo much and the funny thing is u don't even know! :rolleyes:

BTW: i just want to apply for being FM in the German forum. :) :D

I"m really surprised at you rod:confused: I thought you were better than this. I thought you were a cool guy, able to accept logical decisions, and write intelligently. But this is just Stupid. Even a computer illiterate like me can see the evidence weighed heavily against Tigerheart.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top