Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
I come back from High Holidays and now we have an argument??

Seriously - linderorth, stop being a shit disturber..

You either Jealous of Israel or Israel's soccer or anything to do with Israel, because u spend so much time on it.
I envy you, infact. I Envy you cause you take more time than i have in acknowledging and learning so much about Israel, more than I....so you should be respected for that :D

I dont know what your comrades and anyone who puts junk in your head for ideals may want to think about that..
but i salute you, son

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
The FIFA ranking is not to be taken seriously as long as friendlies are counting. They should do it like in tennis, where only games in an official tournament or qualifiers count. Friendlies should not count, it is easy to climb in the ranking if you quickly organise some friendlies against for example Malta, Guam and India...
Not true. Friendlies against weak nations will bring your ranking down. It's actually the other way around - if you don't play friendlies, you'll go up - especially if you're a higher ranked team. But teams do have to play friendlies - to test tactics, players etc.

Look at Cameroon - 12th in the October rankings. They have played a total of 7 (seven!) friendlies in the last 48 months.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I come back from High Holidays and now we have an argument??

Seriously - linderorth, stop being a shit disturber..

You either Jealous of Israel or Israel's soccer or anything to do with Israel, because u spend so much time on it.
I envy you, infact. I Envy you cause you take more time than i have in acknowledging and learning so much about Israel, more than I....so you should be respected for that :D

I dont know what your comrades and anyone who puts junk in your head for ideals may want to think about that..
but i salute you, son

Ignore the guy.

To make such statements in the part of the forum where us, Israel fans, are coming to talk... his intentions are simply: provocation. Lets not feed the troll.

And anyway, I am all for political debates, I am a political person. But apart from respecting we can do it not here on this forum, the fact is that political debate requires two people who defend their believes with structured arguments in a mature way. If someone starts shouting nothing but silly slogans and includes such a provocating signature, then clearly we cannot expect a mature debate on the subject. But anyway, this forum is not about politics anyway, so lets ignore him and let the admins do our work. We are here to talk about the Israeli football and to support Israel, not to discuss the Israeli-Palestine conflict. I am happy to give my opinion on a forum where it is allowed, but not when the other people talk with only some silly slogans, in that case a mature conversation wont happen and there is no point in debating then.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Ignore the guy.

To make such statements in the part of the forum where us, Israel fans, are coming to talk... his intentions are simply: provocation. Lets not feed the troll.

And anyway, I am all for political debates, I am a political person. But apart from respecting we can do it not here on this forum, the fact is that political debate requires two people who defend their believes with structured arguments in a mature way. If someone starts shouting nothing but silly slogans and includes such a provocating signature, then clearly we cannot expect a mature debate on the subject. But anyway, this forum is not about politics anyway, so lets ignore him and let the admins do our work. We are here to talk about the Israeli football and to support Israel, not to discuss the Israeli-Palestine conflict. I am happy to give my opinion on a forum where it is allowed, but not when the other people talk with only some silly slogans, in that case a mature conversation wont happen and there is no point in debating then.
Back your words. And this guy himself must a be an arab immigrant is Sweden and if i follow his ignorant logics he is also invading a country. Won't go further because like you guys said here is not the place for politics and it must be made in a mature way.

About the ranking, FIFA ranking can have its controversial criteria, but still considering that no more than two years ago we were in the same ranking in about 40th it really proves Israel made an improvement. I remember that lost at home on official games twice since 1999 to Denmark and Croatia. Many big NT's have come and couldn't collect wins in Tel Aviv. Israel is also considered the "champion of the useless games", meaning when nothing is at stake we are great in managing great performances and results (take the 2-1 over Russia in the last campaign, but the English didn't do their part). So this contributes a lot for this ranking.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Also as useless and illogical this ranking might be remember this is part of the reason we were seeded for this draw hence why we got such a relatively easy group ... :)

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
So would we expect 2012 draw to be any easier?

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
So would we expect 2012 draw to be any easier?
Don't know if it will make it easier, but definitely it could avoid of making it tougher. Actually this Fifa ranking is only one criteria for the pot draw. Last campaigns are also counted and the undefeated period with Grant and the good work from the last one definitely contributed for us being in Pot 2.

Not sure if for the euro qualifiers the Fifa rankings count something?

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Too bad you didn't win against Latvia. You would have been tied for 8th. You're 15th now.

FIFA Ranking: November 2008 preview (II).
Wow, that would be great. While everyone outside of Israel gives us a lot of value, we are criticizing our coach and players for not playing well:D

That is what i mentioned in the other thread, we are sometimes too harsh on critics on our players we think we are Italy or Brazil.:D

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Belongs to it, but does it play like an upper 20 team?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Id only fire Kashtan to get back Grant.....

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
ur crazy?? i would like to see only Guus Hiddink, that guy does magic with every team he coaches, maybe he will finally give us confidence and a aggresive playing style, i dont care if we "the fans" have to give money cause he's too expensive....if we cant bring him ohh well lets stay with Kashtan..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
How are you ever gonna afford Hiddink?? Lets be realistic. Even if fans want to give money, this is easier said than done. In the end every fan needs to make a living, many support a family, so imagine every fan donates a few shekels. That will never be enough to come close to affording Hiddink, I dont see how a fan could ever make a difference here. Hiddink is a fantastic coach but he has a comfortable deal in Russia and to get him would be highly expensive. Maybe Advocaat is a better option, he indicated he considers leaving Zenit St Petersburg and he also has booked great results in most places he has worked in.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Good Idea, Edgar, I wouldnt mind seeing Advocaat coach Israel, but I think he would only come here if he thought we had the potential to qualify and do something. I think we do, but the potential has yet to come to the surface yet. Fire Kashtan.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts