Xtratime Community banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
44,285 Posts
Agree with Tiger. The subject matter of the alleged spamming is a grievance (whether it has merit or not). And after raising the matter to community staff, it's now being escalated by addressing the right party with a legitimate interest in the matter...in a thread where that party is engaging with the community.

In essence, Ante is lodging an appeal. It's one thing to reject the merits of the appeal but quite another to take issue with the process/channels. VS may take a different view from community staff and/or members.

Can one appeal against an Admin decision? Are they the highest court in the land?

Or is this an argument about judicial review? Is there a separation of powers up in this biatch? Where my checks and balances at?

This is actually ground-breaking stuff with burning questions about legality and jurisdiction. @pele10brazil

·
Registered
21,525 Posts
While I agree with the rants and all that, if a post is not against the rules you cannot delete it just because you don't like it, JCam!

Also it was not even off-topic in this specific thread.

He basically said to encourage buying premium membership the current admin team should be replaced as well as in general admin time/term should be limited. While you can agree or disagree with any of that and while you can like or dislike this, there is no ground at all for deleting it...
Fully agreed. We should encourage different viewpoints and posters from all over the place.

·
Administrator
30,028 Posts
There is no problem to address
Agree with Tiger. The subject matter of the alleged spamming is a grievance (whether it has merit or not). And after raising the matter to community staff, it's now being escalated by addressing the right party with a legitimate interest in the matter...in a thread where that party is engaging with the community.

In essence, Ante is lodging an appeal. It's one thing to reject the merits of the appeal but quite another to take issue with the process/channels. VS may take a different view from community staff and/or members.

Can one appeal against an Admin decision? Are they the highest court in the land?

Or is this an argument about judicial review? Is there a separation of powers up in this biatch? Where my checks and balances at?

This is actually ground-breaking stuff with burning questions about legality and jurisdiction. @pele10brazil
There is no problem to address to any other admin, but since when the "process/channels" is an unrelated thread? Nobody is stopping him from PMing anyone. In fact he did. In fact, he got an answer already. Not "now", btw.

And it is again false he is adressing anything related to the matter. He is just using an inexistent window to negociate his continual rant that have been repeated in several threads about removing us and the rest of his conspiracy theory. I also find noticiable that his jabs at Van are often ignored. All those things he have been asked to stop several times in the course the last month.

I repeat what it seems to be ignored: this would be tolerated if it was an occasional pratice, but it is basically a monthly (if not weekly) pratice. While you two may have good intentions, all you are doing are encouraging his trolling and utter refusal to accept his own responsability on his attitude and comply with simple requests.

·
Registered
21,525 Posts

Well said Fird. I can't say much more as I keep getting my posts deleted. But I fully agree with you and Tiger.

·
Administrator
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Tess' thread. Recommend Tess moderates it as she (he?:err:) sees fit.
My role here is to post about the new feature - the mod team does the day to day moderating of content within the community and I support their judgment as to when a comment or post needs to be deleted, because they are the ones handling the day to day activities. They have context and history that I don't always know about.

Tess

·
Registered
13,696 Posts
My role here is to post about the new feature - the mod team does the day to day moderating of content within the community and I support their judgment as to when a comment or post needs to be deleted, because they are the ones handling the day to day activities. They have context and history that I don't always know about.

Tess
If you want folks to buy something, and that is what this thread is all about, don't insult the prospective customers.

You are FAR away from making a sale, at least with me.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts