Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are excited to announce a new feature coming to this site soon. Premium Membership is arriving within the next couple of days. We’re introducing it as a way for members to give back to their communities -- as all proceeds go to re-investing in this platform -- and to improve their site experience. Our site is ad-supported, but many people don’t like to see ads, so a Premium Membership is a way to improve their time on the site, and give them exclusive access to some features. The site will continue to be supported by ads, so the site will continue to be free to use (with ads) for people who are not interested in the Premium Membership.

The price is $19.99 USD, billed annually. We currently only support the USD currency, however people can still purchase the membership wherever they are in the world. We support PayPal payments, along with Visa, Mastercard, American Express & Discover. The features of Premium Membership are:
  1. A reduced ad site experience (no banner ads)
  2. Focused reading mode (the option to hide the right column)
  3. Access to exclusive “Premium Members Only” forum area
  4. An exclusive badge on profile avatars.
Members can unsubscribe from these automatic payments at any time. Members who cancel will retain their Premium Membership until one year from the date of their sign up.

Previously, some communities had Lifetime Memberships available to users. These users will now have the Premium Membership experience (and will receive those benefits for their lifetime). New Lifetime Memberships are no longer available on the new platform. For any user who already has a Premium Membership, and they paid more than the new $19.99 USD price, we are messaging them to let them know the steps they should take to make sure their renewal happens at the new rate.

If you decide to give Premium Membership a try, please let us know if you have any questions.

·
Administrator
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Members who aren’t currently Premium members will see upgrade information in a few places on the site. They can find more information and initiate the upgrade by clicking upgrade buttons displayed on the right side community widget, under the Avatar dropdown and in Account Details page under Account setting.

·
Registered
41,100 Posts
Members who aren’t currently Premium members will see upgrade information in a few places on the site. They can find more information and initiate the upgrade by clicking upgrade buttons displayed on the right side community widget, under the Avatar dropdown and in Account Details page under Account setting.

Hahahaha

·
Registered
43,819 Posts
lmao.

Translation: If you don't go Premium, we'll do our best to make sure your experience is a living hell.

Let me help you out. For non-Premium plebs, take away their block feature so their most hated posters can never be stopped.

I'm happy to go Premium but you need to add something more attractive than that. Maybe allow Premium users to accumulate medals for their best posts. Yeah, that's the ticket! Add a proper rep feature.

·
Registered
33,929 Posts
We are excited to announce a new feature coming to this site soon. Premium Membership is arriving within the next couple of days. We’re introducing it as a way for members to give back to their communities -- as all proceeds go to re-investing in this platform -- and to improve their site experience. Our site is ad-supported, but many people don’t like to see ads, so a Premium Membership is a way to improve their time on the site, and give them exclusive access to some features. The site will continue to be supported by ads, so the site will continue to be free to use (with ads) for people who are not interested in the Premium Membership.

The price is $19.99 USD, billed annually. We currently only support the USD currency, however people can still purchase the membership wherever they are in the world. We support PayPal payments, along with Visa, Mastercard, American Express & Discover. The features of Premium Membership are:
  1. A reduced ad site experience (no banner ads)
  2. Focused reading mode (the option to hide the right column)
  3. Access to exclusive “Premium Members Only” forum area
  4. An exclusive badge on profile avatars.
Members can unsubscribe from these automatic payments at any time. Members who cancel will retain their Premium Membership until one year from the date of their sign up.

Previously, some communities had Lifetime Memberships available to users. These users will now have the Premium Membership experience (and will receive those benefits for their lifetime). New Lifetime Memberships are no longer available on the new platform. For any user who already has a Premium Membership, and they paid more than the new $19.99 USD price, we are messaging them to let them know the steps they should take to make sure their renewal happens at the new rate.

If you decide to give Premium Membership a try, please let us know if you have any questions.
20 quid a year for that.

Yeah alright mate.

·
Registered
45,605 Posts
Ok, you give me your Premium Membership and I give you my Premium Contribution which means I'm going to post in the forum of Juventus every now and then. No need for money exchange.

·
Administrator
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lmao.

Translation: If you don't go Premium, we'll do our best to make sure your experience is a living hell.

Let me help you out. For non-Premium plebs, take away their block feature so their most hated posters can never be stopped.

I'm happy to go Premium but you need to add something more attractive than that. Maybe allow Premium users to accumulate medals for their best posts. Yeah, that's the ticket! Add a proper rep feature.
Oh no, the member experience is not changing - this is just another option available. Interesting take on the block feature. :D . I've been on some sites where that's what it seems like!

This first iteration of Premium Membership may not be everyone's cup of tea, and that's OK. There may be other things implemented as we go along that might speak to you a bit better. But if not, that's OK too. Premium Membership is simply an option. I will say that it is on the radar to have badges to let members achieve some of the milestones like you mentioned. One specifically for the best posts in the forum is a really interesting idea and I'll make sure to pass that along to our product team.

Tess

·
Administrator
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There have been no comments deleted on this post to my knowledge. That being said, the ability to block an administrator is not something that will be built, as administrators do need to be able to see all content on the site. If you have a concern about a specific member of the mod team, I would encourage you to send a PM to this admin account to discuss privately. If you have had a comment deleted, definitely send a PM so that can be looked into further.

Tess

·
Administrator
29,829 Posts
Ante post is deleted. There is month he have been hijacking every single thread with this conspiracy theories about him being persecuted, not to mention flooding my PM box with those insane rants and even demanding my imediate answer. I have been very partient with him, but I am tired of him making up false claims or just trying to manipulate what is said to some childish interpreation of the rules. He have been asked to stop with that, but after a day or two, he starts again.

Do not get confused by seeing just the tail of the elephant, number one reaction poster is also number one whinning poster, asking people to be punished or watever for every little reason in the world. This thread is about this premium feature and not about Ante's imaturity.

·
Registered
17,487 Posts
Ante post is deleted. There is month he have been hijacking every single thread with this conspiracy theories about him being persecuted, not to mention flooding my PM box with those insane rants and even demanding my imediate answer. I have been very partient with him, but I am tired of him making up false claims or just trying to manipulate what is said to some childish interpreation of the rules. He have been asked to stop with that, but after a day or two, he starts again.

Do not get confused by seeing just the tail of the elephant, number one reaction poster is also number one whinning poster, asking people to be punished or watever for every little reason in the world. This thread is about this premium feature and not about Ante's imaturity.
While I agree with the rants and all that, if a post is not against the rules you cannot delete it just because you don't like it, JCam!

Also it was not even off-topic in this specific thread.

He basically said to encourage buying premium membership the current admin team should be replaced as well as in general admin time/term should be limited. While you can agree or disagree with any of that and while you can like or dislike this, there is no ground at all for deleting it...

·
Administrator
29,829 Posts
It is actually against the rules.

5. We do not tolerate any sort of spam or advertising without the prior approval of at least one Administrator. This also applies to posting the same content across multiple forums, as well as other methods that may be deemed as spam or advertising by the Community Managers and Administrators.

And he is not just asking about the premium stuff. He is trolling with a bunch of lies and making derrogatory comments against a member of this forum among his "inocent" questions. It is something that could be tolerated once or while, but this is his behaviour since march of the last year. Every month (to not say week).

·
Registered
17,487 Posts
With all respect, JCam, but you know we have spammers among this forum and they are not just well tolerated - but I remember from internal discussions - actually welcome as they bring at least some kind of traffic, although useless one. I know I don't need to mention a name for you to know who.

This is not an objective decision but a subjective one out of personal dislike.

·
Registered
20,844 Posts
There have been no comments deleted on this post to my knowledge. That being said, the ability to block an administrator is not something that will be built, as administrators do need to be able to see all content on the site. If you have a concern about a specific member of the mod team, I would encourage you to send a PM to this admin account to discuss privately. If you have had a comment deleted, definitely send a PM so that can be looked into further.

Tess
Hi Tess, two of my posts have been deleted and I PM'ed yesterday to the Admin. Check your PM.

Correction, have had 4 posts now deleted. Make that now 5.

thanks

Ante

1 - 20 of 31 Posts