Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marco Di Vaio is on the verge of extending his contract with Juventus, according to reports in Italy.

Talks have allegedly already taken place and an agreement has been reached which will see the striker remain in Turin until June 2009.

Di Vaio has netted 16 goals this term in all competitions and the club are evidently keen to keep hold of him.

The news has taken some by surprise given the fact that there were rumours that he could quit the Delle Alpi at the end of the season.

Although he has featured quite heavily, Di Vaio has only been given a chance when injury has struck either Alex Del Piero or David Trezeguet.

If the agreement is confirmed then that will inevitably lead to more rumours that Trezeguet could be axed.

That’s because the Frenchman has yet to sign a new deal and his present contract expires in 2005.

The former Monaco man was yesterday being heavily linked with Barcelona by some sections of the Spanish media.

Meanwhile, Juve are being associated with two midfielders for the new campaign after their difficulties this term.

Chievo’s Simone Perrotta and Stefano Fiore of Lazio, who scored twice against Juve last night, could be on their way.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
is this a joke? we are going to extend di vaio's contract, a player who earns a good wage and wastes more chances than any other?

Fiore is great but is on the old side now. as much as i admire him, i think we should look for the future.

as for perrotta, well, we have Maresca who i think is better than him anyway. perrotta to me is overrated.

sad to hear that trezeguet is going to get axed and di vaio is going to get what he wants. it really makes no sense.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think Di Vaio should stay, for back up. He was doing great at the start of the season but then he lost his form because he didn't play regulary. His biggest problem is that he is getting in to too many offsides in a match. Maybe he has a secret contest with Inzaghi, who knows...
I agree with CUG about Fiore and Perotta. If we want to rejuvenating the squad, then we shouldn't buy an "allmost" old players like Fiore or Stam. Perotta isn't getting younger either.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
If Di Viao is retained and his contract prolonged until 2009 it means that the contract will be negotiated down sizeably- which means it will be much easier to sell him later on. Currently- he hasn't shown a form that makes him a desireable player for the teams who can spend big, and his €6million ages doesn't make it any better. That is the only rationale I can see here.

As for Trezeguet... let's see. I think it's dependant on other factors. I don't think Trez is one we'd like to sell, but in our present condition.. there could be surprises. I'm quite sure a replacement would not be Ibrahimovich but rather Cavenaghi though. The ideal would of course be selling Di Vaio at a good price, getting his wages off the budget, and having Cavenaghi and Trez both. But nothing is given here.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Cavenaghi Rumours...

Calciomercato had reported that:

1) River really want to keep Salas (!)

and

2) Omar Sivori was sent to Argentina to negotiate over Cavenaghi.

If Juve can get Cavenaghi, and include Salas in the deal to cut down on the bill, I'll be very happy indeed.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Re: Cavenaghi Rumours...

ralford said:
Calciomercato had reported that:

1) River really want to keep Salas (!)
Not too surprising since their supporters love him and he has a goal per game average with them :).

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
I hope he is as good as Kaka! That would great to see such player + Maresca. We may have a skillfull midfield.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts