Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who is going to be the new center back (if any). i class this as top priority along with a left back since were lacking quality in this position with andersson constantly injured, aberlardo gone, tortoleros inexperience, de boer being plain crap and christanval being a flop so far.

We were interested in marquez in the close season and his performances have been good so far for mexico.

Daf of senegal has looked good on the left from what ive seen as has coly.

theres still lucio but that now is a bridge too far. what about anderson polga, who seems quite good.

·
Registered
368 Posts
no aderson polga...he isn´t good...

but edmílson is!!!

cannavaro and lucio are very good too...

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
andersson is excellent defender, but he need a tall defender with him like Lucio for example........

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I think Lucio won't come because his price will go up after WC:(
Marquez could be good but he is a non EU player. If Kily comes than we'll have another non EU player. The ideal defender for us could be Cannavaro. He is excellent but his price too much for us:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
canavaro and andersson will not be good with each other...coz none of them are tall....any team in the world need a tall defender....

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Many of those you mentioned are NON-EU's.

I believe that if you buy a young tallented player it's not just for fun. That's why if we brought Christanval should play all the time. You'll see that in some time he'll be great. As he's tall we can buy a smaller but quicklier defender like Marquez (BTW Vieri didn't play very much as Marquez was his marker, wasn't he?).

Another thing is that they played together in AS Monaco. They could make a very solid defence, don't you thing.

We payed for Christanval quite a sum. I guess nobody expected him to be the best defender in Liga or even in Barca in his first season. Let's give him some time.

We brought a lot of youngsters lately and I hope we didn't just throw the money away. 'Cause it makes no sense to bring a youth and before he really developes sell him, like we did with Simao!
I knew Figo would leave in sometime (surely not for Real, but still) and hoped that Simao'd be able to take Figo's place, but no, we sold him and got another two prospects in that place (Rochemback & Geovanni) who we'll probably sell or loan out this summer. Nonsense!!!

I hope this doesn't happen to Christanval as I heard some rumours about him going away too!

This way we'll always just have a young and prospective team which will never get a chance to mature. There's something wrong in this policy!!!

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Voyteck said:
Many of those you mentioned are NON-EU's.

I believe that if you buy a young tallented player it's not just for fun. That's why if we brought Christanval should play all the time. You'll see that in some time he'll be great. As he's tall we can buy a smaller but quicklier defender like Marquez (BTW Vieri didn't play very much as Marquez was his marker, wasn't he?).

Another thing is that they played together in AS Monaco. They could make a very solid defence, don't you thing.

We payed for Christanval quite a sum. I guess nobody expected him to be the best defender in Liga or even in Barca in his first season. Let's give him some time.

We brought a lot of youngsters lately and I hope we didn't just throw the money away. 'Cause it makes no sense to bring a youth and before he really developes sell him, like we did with Simao!
I knew Figo would leave in sometime (surely not for Real, but still) and hoped that Simao'd be able to take Figo's place, but no, we sold him and got another two prospects in that place (Rochemback & Geovanni) who we'll probably sell or loan out this summer. Nonsense!!!

I hope this doesn't happen to Christanval as I heard some rumours about him going away too!

This way we'll always just have a young and prospective team which will never get a chance to mature. There's something wrong in this policy!!!

What do you guys think?
I agree with you, Barca seems caught beteewn 2 philosophies of player development and fielding a world class line up. They state they are committed to youth but than do not nurture that talent with patience. Youth needs to be given the time and opportunity however Barca is a big club and the supporters want immediate results which hampers the growth of many young players. It also dosent help that your greatest rival are winning great trophies.

youth is an investment that my or may not bare fruit.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Italy had a perfect defense with maldini,nesta,cannavaro. No of theese are tall.

And when Materazzi, a tall defender, went to match, you saw what happend.

So I really prefer 2 good defenders than 1 tall...IMO it´s good to have a tall one,but not SO necessary...

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Andersson isn´t tall?:rolleyes: That´s exactlly what he is and heading the ball is one of his strongest abilitys.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
barça doesn't need buy a cd, we have andersson, fdb, christanval and also puyol

·
Registered
676 Posts
"Lucio" will definitly not come to Barca !!

He made a statement in germann television that he would hundred percently fulfill his contract.

As for additional defenders... We need more IMO, because along one season including champions-league and internationals you will loose some players (injuries). And I don´t think that you can suceed in the champions-league whithout experianced players like FDB, Anderson, Puyol. You won´t win that cup whith a gang of youngsters in the defense.

Regards,
Bernhard

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Sport said that we're intrested in Stam....

---Reiziger--FDB---Stam--Puyol

No comment:dazed:

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
navarro-andersson-tortolero-puyol

motta-de boer-christanval-reizeger

coco-andersson-collocini-puyol

look at what we could of had, so depressing.

but out of the top two defences which is better?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts