Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Capello just recently signing a new contract until 2003 it seems he is convinced to continue to work with Roma and build a winning team.With offers from Real Madrid and other big teams i have to think what really is going on.
Why turn down international teams and stay to rebuild a relatively unknown team??
The challenge,,maybe.
I think its the agreement.
The agreement meaning new players to fill up a bench that is the worst among the big 7.
I think Sensi will give into Capello's demands for new players esp. after the game against Udinese when there were all primavera players.
With new additions Capello is convinced that we can take the crown.
But how many??
Personally i think we really need one very strong talented defenceman with Samuel.
And of course Emerson,
after that we need role players,not superstars that want to steal the spot light,
we already have enough.This is the Roma i'd like to see.

News from italian-soccer.com
Toldo wants to leave Fiorentina

Francesco Toldo is acting to change club in the next season. "We'll have a new meeting with Cecchi Gori within ten days" Gastone Rizzato, agent of Francesco Toldo said, as reported on Wednesday by 'La Gazzetta dello Sport'.

In the first date the chairman of Fiorentina denied the chance that his top goalie could move away. But Toldo didn't give up. Despite his great feeling with Fiorentina and its supporters, he would like to have a new professional adventure in another club.

And surely there are some good bids to persuade Fiorentina to let him go: AS Roma is ready to pay 50 billion lire (€25.8m) or to give 20 billion lire (€10.3m) jointly with Eusebio Di Francesco and Francesco Antonioli; Lazio offered 25 billion lire (€12.9m) and Alen Boksic; Manchester United 50 billion lire (€25.8m) or 30 billion lire (€15.5m) and Massimo Taibi.

Now it needs to wait what Cecchi Gori will decide during the Easter meeting, when the goalkeeper will ask to be sold. In the director of the club there is someone who would like to sell Toldo in exchange of a good player and some money. But the president has the last word.
--------------------------------------------
When i look at this deal i think Roma is offering the most an international midfielder who is flexible and an average keeper,not bad.Lets hope Toldo comes cause we neeed him!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Why not use Lupatelli? He's young and plays for the Italian U21 team. That says quality, dosn't it? Perhaps he will be a new and better Buffon.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Toldo ain't good enough. Well I said all I had to say in my first sentence, but ending here would be boring wouldn't it?

I just saw him mess up one time too many. Antoniolli doesn't win us points, but he doesnt loose any neither. The best thing to do would be spend all next years transfer-money on a brillant goallie: Dudek.

I know this isn't much likely therefore I have an alternative: Vedran Runje from Standard Liege. I see him every week and he's very very good. I don't know if you guys know him, but maybe Vladz does; Runje is Serbian.

------------------
Always trying to be modest. And damn proud of it!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really don't see Roma go after any foreign goalies,i think they'll keep it italian,and with Lupatelli would be a good backup and should defienently keep him.
Toldo i think has played the best for Fiorentina this year,hes the reason they made it so far in the Champions League.
In other news just read that Emerson,future Romanista,has just ripped ligaments in his knee and looks to be out for 3-4 months!!
Not only are our own players beat up but also future considerations..This sucks!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts