Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first times I read this I didn't believe it, it seemed like an joke or an ficitional rumour. Of course it could be something that the man responsible uses for his own purpose...

Anyway I use an local paper mostly for this story and translate the best parts.

2000 journalists was assembled yeaterday to get the answer on one question: Who is Lars "Brolla" Svensson?

Carlos Quaresma that has ambition to become Benficas new president and accuses the current one (Manuel Vilarinho) for corruption. He has presented that he wants to install Lars Svensson and Marco Van Basten as the new coaches for Benfica. I guess it is noone here that don't know who Van Basten is, but who the heck is Lars Svensson and how in the world did he come into question?

Well I can tell you, Lars Svensson is currently trainer in the swedish division 2 (like serie C1) team Boden. That is the neighbooring city to Luleå where I live. He has also trained teams in Luleå, but no team he has coached has really had any quality at all. My personal view is that he is an good coach, but Benfica? With Van Basten? He has an lot to prove if this happens.

Now why him? The fact is that Quaresma has been living in Sweden for several years and he has asked around and got a lot of good words about Lars Svensson. He says that Lars Svenssons organisational knowledge together with Van Bastens experience would be an good combination. He also mentioned that Sven-Göran Eriksson was unknown when he took over in Benfica (not nearly as unknown as Lars though ;)).

Lars Svensson about Van Basten: "He isn't exactly talkactive, but I have written an letter to him and got some answers"

If quaresma take over as president he is supposed to present them as coaches.

Now if I was suprised that Lars Svensson should be in the line as coach for Benfica, I must say I just looked in amazement that he was supposed to have Van Basten as his assistant...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LuisPedroCat said:
just ridiculous press rumouring
Lars Svensson has been asked by Quaresma, that much I am sure of. As our local paper had an interview with Lars Svensson where he said this and that paper don't write long articles about something that is only an fabricated rumour.

I think the question is if Quaresma will be the president. If so we will see if this really is his plan for the club.

but to confirm this, have anyone seen anything about this pressconference that Quaresma had?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
642 Posts
I also heard a mild report of a swedish coach being named in the mix when Toni was ousted/steped down; but thats it. The rest of the story sounds like ridiculous but humorous garbage.

Who is this Quaresma, I thought u were talkin about the sportin brat at first. Plus the way Vilarinho is going, hell be at Benfica for a long time, unless some unforseen sich arises.


FORCA BENFICA!!!

Shout out to Razor for the great work he put in at benficacentral, Im sure we were all eagerly awaiting an update. Great work bro.

pssst slight typo in the thread under Cabral, were u repeated a sentence, no big deal just thought youd like to know.
 

·
Community Analyst
Joined
·
32,844 Posts
OG BENFIQUISTA said:
I also heard a mild report of a swedish coach being named in the mix when Toni was ousted/steped down; but thats it. The rest of the story sounds like ridiculous but humorous garbage.

Who is this Quaresma, I thought u were talkin about the sportin brat at first. Plus the way Vilarinho is going, hell be at Benfica for a long time, unless some unforseen sich arises.


FORCA BENFICA!!!

Shout out to Razor for the great work he put in at benficacentral, Im sure we were all eagerly awaiting an update. Great work bro.

pssst slight typo in the thread under Cabral, were u repeated a sentence, no big deal just thought youd like to know.
You, Razor! Where you is?Ditto on the great job ye did of reporting, per ususal.

PS-

Yo! Dre! Where you is? I need an outlet -- ever since fogo left us I've had this void that you were able to fill momentarily. Had I known you were going to give up on one sole beating I'd have gone easier on you. Can't ya reconsider? I promise to go easier on you if ye come back... Heck, I'll even do a little rap wid ya! Whatta ye say?:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,948 Posts
:confused: :confused: I still don't get it...

Who the hell is Quaresma? :confused:



PS-Forca Razor! :strong: :)
 

·
Premier Player
Joined
·
2,656 Posts
The irony in this story is so strong, I almost am ready to give up on this club.

Let me get this straight, during the whole JVA run as club president no one really comes forward to complain that he is running the club like a road side cirucs, despite every hint that such baboonery was taking place. The first time I heard someone call out JVA was Vilarinho during their debate on RTP. Vilarinho during his presidency has only given me the impression that he is running the club exactly as it should. He is paying the players, taking care of the creditors, signing productive players, and securing the club a new stadium. He has done more in his 15-16 months than the 2 prior presidents combined. Now this no name chooch wants to come forwars and claim that Vilarinho is corrupt and that we need no leadership?

F--- that.

If this is treated with any kind of substance by the press or socios, I swear to God I am off the boat.:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As I said this was from an local Swedish news paper. I gave this credit as it seems like they intervied the involved and that paper don't usually put on rumours. But hearing you and noticing I can find no other news on this makes this really look stupid...

And this unknown coach sadi nothing about your president, AXP103. It was this Protugese man living in Sweden, Carlos Quaresma that said that. Or supposedly said that... I think I shall send an E-mail to the local paper now... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,948 Posts
lol :D

Next thing you know, I'll be talking crap too and making it to the "LusoAmericano". Nice way to make news. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
What about the Mourinho's saga with Benfica.... Ben didn't do the "etico e honesto" to aquire him according to the Prez of U.Leiria + more insult to the wound...ouch , Mourinho pratically said to Benfica , "kiss my @ss..ha...ha , just kiss it , no!"



Vilarinho is not the "John gotty" of Portugal.....:dielaugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
642 Posts
Beavis13 said:
What about the Mourinho's saga with Benfica.... Ben didn't do the "etico e honesto" to aquire him according to the Prez of U.Leiria + more insult to the wound...ouch , Mourinho pratically said to Benfica , "kiss my @ss..ha...ha , just kiss it , no!"



Vilarinho is not the "John gotty" of Portugal.....:dielaugh:
Where do you guys get this crap. Your obviously not the Einstein of Sesame Street.

People have to realise that their is a lot of jealousy by non-Benfica supporters who are worried by the fact that where getting our situation straightened out, & do not want to see us at the top again.

Meaning their is alot of BS said & written by those that are fearful of our rejuvenation & therefore these underhanded tactics are done in order to try to undermind us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
OG BENFIQUISTA said:


Where do you guys get this crap. Your obviously not the Einstein of Sesame Street.

People have to realise that their is a lot of jealousy by non-Benfica supporters who are worried by the fact that where getting our situation straightened out, & do not want to see us at the top again.

Meaning their is alot of BS said & written by those that are fearful of our rejuvenation & therefore these underhanded tactics are done in order to try to undermind us.






U CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
642 Posts
Pelinio said:








U CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!;)

I can handle the truth = facts that are substantiated & therefore proven.

We don't handle, deal with or abide by rumors, hearsay & garbage stated in efforts to undermine our cause.

Can you handle that!!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top