Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is almost certain that Van Gaal is gone after this friday's match. So who's next to lead Barca. I think the goal of the new movement in Barca will be to reunite the socios and the team, as over the past few seasons the two have seperated. That is why i see the new coach having a closer bond to Catalunya or Spain in general. I'm just not sure who it would be. If it were so, I personally could see someone like Javi Clemente taking over. But this is my personal opinion. I think this may not be so, because Clemente has been known to play with only 2 in front and I would like to see Barca continue with the 4-3-3. Please tell me your opinions about who you think will be the next coach and share your opinions about what tactics Barca 2000-2001 should implore in la liga and hopefully the UCL.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Serra Ferrer will take over as an interm coach for next season (ala Bobby Robson). Personally I would like to see Serra Ferrer stay on permanetly, he did wonders with Real Betis, he could do even better with Barça.

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
It appears that next to Serra Ferrer, the French trainer with alot of 'Spanish blood', Luis Hernandez will be an option.
He coached Athletic Bilbao for the last 4 seasons, for the ones who didnt know :)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Fabio Capello. He has managed and succeeded in La Liga before (although it was with that team from Madrid)!! He plays a solid 4-4-2 formation, but does like attacking flair and he will not tolerate players who are not motivated.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Can anyone tell me if there is a better coach then Cruyf? He loves the club and the club loves him (Not Gaspart and Nunez though)

The best thing would be if he became coach and Van Gaal gets to be manager of a REAL DUTCH NATIONAL!!

Real&Barcafan

D

·
0 Posts
Should Van Gaal be Dutch coach after Euro 2000?
After this exit, and should Rijkaard Holland to victory at Euro 2000, then no way should VG become Holland's coach in the near future.

No that Nunez is gone, Johan Cruyff could return, it would possibly be the last chance for him ever to coach a big team. He knows Barca better than anyone.

Other options, Capello, Ronald Koeman, but he will possibly stay with Vitesse, although they finished disappointingly, Luis Hernandez?, Athletic had success under him, but that's a while back now.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Will there be new elections?
I believe Gaspart will take over until 2002...

But I'm hoping for Cruijff to become our president.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,658 Posts
According to Article 39a of Barça's statute book, a foreigner cannot stand for president, so that counts Johaan out. There's talk here of Koeman with Txiki as his assistant but for the forseeable future it looks like Serra Ferrer, who did a great job at Mallorca and Betis.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Any other good candidates??

Roger> I think the solution with Serra Ferrer and later Koeman would be a great future for our club.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,658 Posts
Dutch FCB fan - There's no doubt that with Serra Ferrer we'd see attacking football. He's really proved himself working on small budgets but it remains to be seen how he works with a team full of superstars earning a fortune. As for Ronald, I hear he's doing well at Vitesse but isn't it a bit early in his managerial career to take on Barça?

I

·
0 Posts
After the fridays game VG is gone.
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hoe for Cruyff or Fabio Capelo, I don´t think that Fernandez wold be the right man for the club.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yeah, i think it maybe is.
If he would be willing, i'd like to see him return as assistant for a few years and then becomre coach finally.
Is it maybe that ever since he left barca seemed to lose alot of their fight?
I mean, i knoe we had a rough spell in November as usual, but maybe if he had stayed we could have made a proper come-back like last season.
I think that he was the sensible factor which controlled many of VG's crazy tactics and management decisions. lol

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Roger> Serra Ferrer for the next two seasons, and in the meanwhile Ronald can learn the last few things at Vitesse, where he's already doing great things.

And about foreigners:
Do the regulations say the president has to be Spanish, or may not be a foreigner?
Cruijff isn't a foreigner. The same way the Dutchmen aren't foreigners. Bosman-ruling.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,658 Posts
Dutch FCB Fan. Sorry, I haven't got the info handy right now, but I think it says you can't be foreign. I don't think the Bosman ruling goes as far as presidential candidates. Whatever, it all sounds pretty xenophobic to me, and contradictory bearing in mind that Barça's founder was Swiss.
You have to be quite rich too. A bank guarantee equivalent to half of Barça's budget for one season must be presented by all candidates.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not sure but has Cruyff not already gained his spanish citizenship. If he has then i believe he would be allowed to run. Of course the money issue would certainly be a problem. I believe Serra Ferrer will be the man. He has gotten use to the surroundings of Can Barca since he has been working with the youth. It seems he is liked by many of the star players(Rivaldo, Figo especially) and may be able to get more out of them than VG could. I think he will be on for at least one year and then he will be evaluated. If he doesn't win UCL i believe that he will be replaced no matter how well he does as Barca will certainly go for another "high profile" trainer. But this is all hypothetical thinking seeing as Serra Ferrer doesn't have the job yet. I guess we'll not know until after elections july 22. A long wait huh.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not sure but has Cruyff not already gained his spanish citizenship. If he has then i believe he would be allowed to run. Of course the money issue would certainly be a problem. I believe Serra Ferrer will be the man. He has gotten use to the surroundings of Can Barca since he has been working with the youth. It seems he is liked by many of the star players(Rivaldo, Figo especially) and may be able to get more out of them than VG could. I think he will be on for at least one year and then he will be evaluated. If he doesn't win UCL i believe that he will be replaced no matter how well he does as Barca will certainly go for another "high profile" trainer. But this is all hypothetical thinking seeing as Serra Ferrer doesn't have the job yet. I guess we'll not know until after elections july 22. A long wait huh.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
The Bosman-ruling is based on the EU-law which says everyone born in a country within the EU is european, and not spanish or dutch or english or whatsoever.

Cruijff will be supported by the Blue Elefant. Maybe they have an solution to the money problem?

It turns out to be a very political game here... Which isn't very surprising, when you know Barça's president is almost the 2nd most important man in Catalonia after Pujol....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts