Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
46,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
At least their logo guy spent more than 2 mins designing it...and abstained from...presumably heroin...while presenting it to the club as a dope idea.

Reactions: TTM

·
Registered
63,884 Posts
She makes the logo look more bearable...

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I stumbled across this fan made version. Looks infinitely better than the garbage that the german PR-firm came up with.

Reactions: Andy Christ

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I also think that Inter should stop it with the retarded catchphrases.

"Inter is coming"

"Not for everyone"

"I M Inter I M Milano"

WTF is this shit? 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
46,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I stumbled across this fan made version. Looks infinitely better than the garbage that the german PR-firm came up with.
Yeah, give that guy the credit. 🤬

But I do think they really should have kept the gold background and used black and blue in circumference borders.

Reactions: TTM and Nacka

·
Registered
46,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yes, according to statements given.

Was it really needed? No. Will PR firms say something's needed to churn cash? Yes. Will Directors say yes because they want to make their own mark? Yes.

Funny we both said 2 mins, lol.

Btw, I would have kept the legs of the M parallel to the I. That change is totally unjustified and puts the design out of whack. I'm not formally trained in design but I'm certain that they've broken some fundamental rule here. Change for the sake of change with no thought given as to whether it's a bad change.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Not that the old one was much different in this sense but the new one takes 2 minutes to replicate from scratch in many graphics software, if those cutouts (middle of M etc ) didn't exist you could replicate it in 10 seconds. What is the point of this? Minimalism?
The reasoning is that young peoples' brains aren't capable of computing complex images, especially on mobile devices. I don't know if there is any scientific evidence for this or if it's just PR-firms setting the trend in order to create more business. I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years they'll all be arguing that logotypes need to be vibrant and colourful in order to stand out from the pack.

The Apple logo change makes sense since the original is a bit too intricate for everyday use. But I'm not sure if Pizza Hut is a good example, I recognize the 1999/2010 as the Pizza Hut logo but I can't recall ever seeing the 2014 one.

·
Registered
46,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I don't know if there is any scientific evidence for this or if it's just PR-firms setting the trend in order to create more business. I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years they'll all be arguing that logotypes need to be vibrant and colourful in order to stand out from the pack.
There's that and I'd say there's also the fact they can crap out something in 2 minutes using an intern and call it awesome. Time, effort, creativity, skills, etc. not really required...judging from this "effort".

And let's not forget that for football, the "branding" is different. You're not looking at the storefront and seeing the Starbucks logo before walking in. Most likely, someone will watch a match, see how a team plays, be impressed by star players, think the kits are cool, etc. And you see the team's emblem, not just a logo. The emblem isn't designed to attract consumers but to represent the history and traditions of the club/NT.

There's a reason why there's a huge difference (well, until now) between the Nike swish and club emblem. They're totally different things. Look at the redesign for Juventus. That's just trying to be like Nike or another sporting brand. Even the execs at clubs are missing the point these days. Now they want to have one swish for the kit sponsor and one swish as the club logo. 🥴

Reactions: Nacka

·
Registered
46,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
The 1963 design looks the best to me. I'll try and explain why. The gold hue looks very special, imo. It's strong here and stands out since it's also given space. The black and blue are equal in width. And space is given between the black and the FCIM lettering so that they get more clarity. And this is leaving aside the fact we won back-to-back CL's with this.

I think the original black and white 1908 design should be brought back for a third kit.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts

"The blue, black, and gold of Inter are a defining aspect of the club's aesthetic. Was there space to experiment with the color palette of the previous crest at all?

Borsche: The colors of the club were defined by Giorgio Muggiani in 1908, when he drew the original crest on the night of 9 March. Each color has a separate and specific significance. Ever since the club was founded, the Inter team has almost always worn black and blue stripes, earning them the nickname Nerazzurri. For the last 110 years, the Inter colors have only changed in gradation. We did the same. The blue is now more intense compared to the old azure. The new saturation brings a modern and digital touch. The same applies to the gold. It appears now as a vibrant and powerful color – similar to the gold used in the iconic '90s jerseys."

So the gold is apparently still a part of the logo? Has anyone seen the new logo with gold elements used by an official outlet?

·
Registered
46,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
He's talking about the gold lining their pockets.

Reactions: Nacka and TTM

·
Registered
34,000 Posts
That's what I thought, the Biscione hadn't been dropped completely by the early 1990s, when I started watching:

Here, it met...

21 - 40 of 47 Posts