Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As expected Mel Morris has been made chairman with immediate effect.

He seems to be the man behind what is expected to be a big push for promotion this year. It's said it's Morris and Rush who wanted McClaren out and Clement in. Expected to but in more cash for this season he's been placed as chairman and got his way.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Good move this, the local man who can connect with the fans, who has money to put in, but keeping the sound business approach and backing of the Americans.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just seen that Mel Morris has bright the club completely from the American owners. This seemed inevitable. Interesting timing just after the transfer window has shut.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought this must be happening, you don't plough in 20 million for transfers others wise. Wonder how much he brought it for and if we are left with any debt remaining.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the main man :proud:

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Excellent news. Americans did a good job of stabilising the club in the end. But is great to see the club back in local hands.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I read hundreds of millions, a percentage of that in the war chest for the premier league next season hopefully.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hundreds of millions, even better. I'm sure he knew this was coming when he took over the club. He's talked recently about the club new needing someone with the vision, drive and backing to get the club where it wants to be. And that he decided the time was right for him to take that role, I'm sure this windfall helped make his mind up.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very shrewd indeed.

·
Registered
391 Posts
He doesn't seem to be the kind of man who will let his heart rule his head to the point it could lead to trouble. He is ambitious, but when asked if he wants to leave a legacy by radio derby, he have a great answer. No, not really. I wMt my legacy to be continuous, sustainable improvement.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I heard that on the radio. You have to be so happy with where the club is right now. Just think you could have a clown like fawaz's or Cellino in charge.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Mel Morris is giving financial backing to the 1884 supporters group. They already a have brought on some of the flags you at the ground. But want to bring in more banners etc a bit like they have in Europe. Also want to bring back some old parts of the bbg back to the ground. The old Welcome to the Baseball Ground sign is going to be put in one of the concourses.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts