Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hot topic of discussion in Derby at the moment, is who will be the new captain. With Taylor released and Kenna told too find a new club, there's a gap left.

Michael Johnson must be favourite at the minute, he filled in for Taylor a few times last season before Kenna was given the role. A Forest fan captaining Derby :eek:

Idiakez is another people are looking at, don't know how good is English is though, but on the pitch he looks like a leader, always making gestures too players on the pitch, especially picking them up when they look down.

Adam Bolder with his incredicle fight and desire, and work rate, has also been mentioned, i think he captained the league winning reserves a few years ago.

Or of course a new player.

I think Johnson & Idiakez will be captain and Vice Captain, not sure which way round though.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Green One said:
Not tom huddlestone? :D You never know, Burley loves him. I reckon Idiakez would be an inspirational captain, like Ali Benarbia
It would not surprise me one bit if Huddlestone came back on loan, and was given the captains armband, like you say Burley loves him.

Oh and it was rumoured we were trying to sign Jim Magilton, if we did I reckon he would become captain.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Green One said:
Do you think you need a strong, shouting, Roy Keane style leader, or an inspirational, lead by example, classy leader like....um....Ali Benarbia?
Hmmm, I'd say an inspirational leader, think that would be Burley's choice as well, more his style.

If we want a Roy Keane style we've got one in Adam Bolder, I'm surehe's got a video entitled, 'how too tackle by Roy Keane' and has the motto if in doubt...break his legs. :)

Looking at Burley's choices for last season, captain will be the oldest player on the pitch.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HajdukSplit said:
why not Lee Camp? maybe too young though
Would be a popular choice with the fans, but don't see him getting it, maybe in the future if he stays at Derby :)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Green One said:
plus i doubt you'd make a goalie captain. For that to happen they have to be imposing and fearsome, like Schmeichel.
Hmmm yeah, wouldn't call Camp imposing and fearsome, sometimes I wonder if he can actually touch the crossbar ;)

Doesn't mind storming out to give the defenders a bollocking though, that's the main reason he took over Lee Grant in the Derby goal and at England U21 level.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
i wud personally like to see some1 bought in, whos a born leader, sum1 the players respect n play for, i reali dno who?,

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Durkos said:
i wud personally like to see some1 bought in, whos a born leader, sum1 the players respect n play for, i reali dno who?,
Anyome like that we can rob from Bolton... wonder if Okocha is available ;)

·
Registered
69,196 Posts
I'd like to see Lee Camp be the captain, but as stated by somebody else its rare (in England) to see goalkeepers being captains and he is still young.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now that it seems Kenna will be staying at the club, I think he's the man too be Captain. He did a good job in Taylors place last season, and the added responsibility, really seem to improve his own performances.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jeff Kenna has been officially announced as captain. Pretty much as I had expected.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts