Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According 'La Gazzetta dello Sport' Inter is ready to buy Marcelo Salas from Lazio. The president Massimo Moratti, in agreement with the coach Marcello Lippi, are ready to try to form again the Vieri-Salas couple, who offered very positive results in the 1998-99 season when they both played for Lazio.

So Inter took out from the negotiation Christian Panucci, player not wanted by Swen Goran Eriksson, and replaced him with Vladimir Jugovic, former Lazio's midfielder, adding 40 billions lire (euros 20.6m).

This could be surely an interesting offer for Cragnotti, who will let Salas to have the last word. And the striker always admitted Inter could be an happy choice for him.

However Parma still not gave up. In the next days there should be a meeting among Tanzi and Cragnotti families with the Chilean to try to persuade him to accept to join the club coached by Alberto Malesani, who considers the 'Matador' the perfect player to complete the team. But the new bid of Inter could make skip this date.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Finaly Inter was going somewhere in the transfers with smart buys, and our friends Moratti and Lippi starting to buy an expensive player that we don´t need since we already have Recoba,Sükür and Zam. I actually thought that we would see a Lo Scudetto team next year with a team who is not build on these superstars,but on a team with hungry young players.Buying Salas would be a huge mistake!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Moratti renounces to Salas. E' a our objective Although in many does not want to push perche' salas arrives to the Inter, the presidnete nerazzurro e' be categorical. ' Salas not e' ours obiettivo', has declared the nunero one interista.

Whatever this means: I take it as not a rush to buy the player but Salas has INTER to be his #1 interest:I guess he really wants to come to play with inter!

I

·
0 Posts
Bringing in Salas would mean less playing time for Recoba. Unless he becomes the playmaker which means less playing time for Pirlo. So in my eyes its a losing situation if he comes in. We need both Pirlo and recoba on the pitch because they are the 2 that will be creating our magic.
Salas is a good forward but we already have good forwards.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I just want to say that I don´t like Salas, BUT if it means that Sukur will get less playing time I would buy him right away, cause the whole world is laughing at Inter because they signed Sukur.... :( what else can I say then I agree with all the rest...Sukur sucks....and I do think Salas stinks to...BUT that is my oppinion and you people might think in another way.....

......however Sukur will NOT score many goals...and that´s to bad for Inter..I really had my hopes up this season !

FORZA INTER !!!
FORZA VIERI !!!

G

·
0 Posts
I read this news in Italian-Soccer too, but in the official Inter site, I also read that Moratti said that it would be difficult that Inter bring Salas because we already had enough champions.

Which one is true?

·
Registered
15,594 Posts
Moratti simply meant the negotiations with Lazio were difficult, due to Lazio's high asking price. Inter have made an official bid for Salas, Lippi has gone on record as saying he wants him and it is very likely he will be at Inter next season.

And for the last time : Recoba will still get plenty of playing time because a)Ronaldo WILL NOT be back next season and b)Vieri is one of the most injury prone players in the world.

And also for the last time: for people who think Salas is crap, watch a) his games for River b)his 1st year at Lazio.
Quite simply if you think he's crap, you're wrong.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
if sukur will get replaced by salas it will be a good buy plus salas and vieri were the only reason lazio came so close to winning the title and if the can do as half as what they done at lazio we should be satisfide

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats what i am thinking V32/salas but according to Moratti Salas in not an objective right now: I just dont think Sukur fits:

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Salas chooses Inter ««
Chilean striker Marcelo Salas is determined to go to Inter Milan if he has to leave Lazio.
Yesterday the South American forward again refused to move to Parma. Salas is now expecting Inter's president Massimo Moratti to make him a better offer than Lazio. Up until now Inter Milan had offered Lazio the following - $20 million plus
Vladimir Jugovic or Christian Panucci.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I'm confused!

Just read Moratti said Inter have had enough Chanmpions and said Salas is not a target!So which is true?Inter offered the bid to lazio or already close the door?!!

Anyway I would agree with you guys that Sukur is not fit at Inter!!He can score 30 goals a season I'm sure!haha...for Rangers in Scotland could be!!!But in the Serie A,I doubt if he could find the net for more than 10 times in all competiton next season!!I just still have no idea why Inter signed him!!I would be glad if Inter have Vieri,Recoba,Salas,Zamorano as strikers next season!!!But now it seems Salas and Bam Bam wouldn't co-exist due to Sukur!!!Anyway I would welcome the squard no matter Salas come or not!!

Forza Inter!!!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Oh ya,it could be the South American WC Qualifiers that made Moratti signed Sukur!Well,sounds reasonable!

Forza Inter!!!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The latest was Salas has yet turned down another offer to go to parma> I think Inter should take this chance to sign him and CAN sukur/ IF anything An attack with Recoba/Salas/Zamorano/Vieri/Ronaldo to choose from better fits on that includes Sukur:

·
Registered
731 Posts
i really cant see why we need salas
we already have more than enough strikers

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
if we get salas can they do what they done in 98/99 if salas can help he could stay as vieris partener and when ronaldo comes back he can be #1 sub or can replace vieri or ronaldo if injured

1 - 16 of 16 Posts