Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a ban look certain from UEFA lets hope this will be the right time for Aziz & co to step back/bow down due to the pressure and start fresh. Change is always a good thing and after 15 yrs or so now would be the perfect time.

I'm still optimistic for a favorable outcome for us in some way, but esp with the way things are going back home, lets hope som AKP ass kisser does not get in charge. I fully believe 100% that Aziz somehow had something to do with pissing off RTE either as the pro secular guy or the guy who took nato contracts or whatever. Past 3 years has shown us how everyone is two faced. I hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
418 Posts
if i was aziz i would be more concerned about getting locked up in jail again. In order to save myself i would give up the chair to Ali Koc and open up a new party or join to Chp on next elections. This way he would guarantee a seat in TBMM and would be off the hook for anything that might come up from his past.
And in my opinion... he is the only guy that could tell erdogan "ok enough is enough. " right now... Because both of them have the same characters, power hungry , macho, money hungry sons of b****es.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Aziz isn't all bad, at least he is a strong bastion of secularism. People shouldn't forget the early period of his leadership which was successful, full of vision and prosperity.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
It all went downhill after we lost the championship to GS in 2006 on the last day. From then on Aziz went into retard mode.

·
Master Debater
20,647 Posts
Aziz isn't all bad, at least he is a strong bastion of secularism. People shouldn't forget the early period of his leadership which was successful, full of vision and prosperity.
I'm not exactly sure if a Baskan's political views are relevant at all when sizing up his ability to run a football club.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I'm not exactly sure if a Baskan's political views are relevant at all when sizing up his ability to run a football club.
It's relevant because it gives us an indication of the clarity of his judgement :pp

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
This would be the best for you guys and turkish football in general. aziz is a cancer to football, he's letting his hate for GS get in the way of how he manages the club. It has turned into race, making certain transfers just because GS want that name etc..

I hope he gets banned for life and dies shortly afterward.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
We were better off getting relegated. Winning Bank Asya and then coming back being contenders in SuperLig with Ali Koc as our baskan. That's all we needed to do, be patient for 2 years through this bullshit and be done with it. Nobody can say shit if we did that. That was the honorable route imo.

I would be banned from many fan-centric message boards if i were to even entertain the idea. :)

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Now, it is truly a new beginning. Rumors have it that Aziz is banned for life from football after UEFA handed down the 2+1 ban on European Competition for us.

Say what you want about UEFA and their lack of consistencies etc... but they did what the TFF didn't have the balls to do, and that was to punish us for alleged match fixing.

For me this is exciting only because it allows a true clean-up of the yonetim. We're going to end up better down the road since our fans have shown some ridiculous dedication throughout this mess Aziz Yildirim put us in. Financially we'll be ok... just need patience and a proper beginning.

We need a new chairman, Aziz needs to resign immediately.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
I hope it's true. Please be true.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
As long as we get Ali Koc in and he takes the reigns seriously. It's very imperative we continue to have a secular minded board. Rumors of the cemaat having a hand in this, crazy or not, still worry me as this is Turkey and anything is possible.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Agreed 100%, Cenk. Start over with a new board and we'll be fine in the long run. Aziz was in power for way too long and was destroying this club. While frustrated with the decision, time to start fresh.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
If this is what it takes for Aziz Yildirim to go then I welcome it with open arms.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
The UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body (CDB) today announced its decisions following the disciplinary proceedings relating to Fenerbahçe SK (Turkey), Beşiktaş JK (Turkey) and FC Steaua Bucureşti (Romania).

The CDB carefully analysed the situation of Fenerbahçe and Beşiktaş and has applied the following sanctions:

• Beşiktaş are not eligible to participate in the 2013/14 UEFA Europa League.

• Fenerbahçe are excluded from participating in the next three UEFA club competitions for which they would qualify, including the 2013/14 UEFA Champions League. The ban for the third season is deferred for a probationary period of five years.

The CDB also carefully analysed the situation of Steaua and, taking into account certain mitigating circumstances, the following sanction has been imposed:

• Steaua are not eligible to participate in one UEFA club competition for which the club would otherwise qualify. This sanction is deferred for a probationary period of five years.

All clubs have the opportunity to appeal the decisions of the CDB to the UEFA Appeals Body.

Furthermore, in relation to the individuals of the clubs involved in the cases of Fenerbahçe and Beşiktaş, the CDB decided that certain additional information will be collected in order to consider in further detail the different position of each of the individuals concerned.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
As long as we get Ali Koc in and he takes the reigns seriously. It's very imperative we continue to have a secular minded board. Rumors of the cemaat having a hand in this, crazy or not, still worry me as this is Turkey and anything is possible.
Did Ali Koc mention anything about running for President? I mean both him and Nihat Özdemir basically resigned at the end of the season. They weren't very happy at all last season.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Part of me says Ali Koc left because he had a fall out with the whole CAS withdrawl. Sounded like he wanted to go through with that, but the others didn't. It would be really nice if they said something about that.

I'm just assuming Ali Koc would go for it given that he can start his own board team.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts