Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is the thread to recommend new bands for the coming year :)

First up: Franz Ferdinand

They are from Glasgow (i haven't found out what team they support yet, so this recommendation may change in the future :D ;) ) and I've seen them live a couple of times now and they are showing alot of promise. I suppose you could call them a British version of Interpol or the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and they seem to be influenced musically by post punk bands like Orange Juice and the Gang of Four. There debut album is out mid November

Click below to hear their latest single Take Me Out

http://demand1.stream.aol.com/ramgen/timeinc/uk/ipcmedia/nme/audio/jan04/FranzFerdinand.rm

or their first single, Darts of Pleasure

http://www.franzferdinand.addr.com/franzferdinand_dartsofpleasure.mp3

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Guys at The Dugout messageboard have been going on about Franz Ferdinand for the past 6 months, you are just so behind the times TB;)

Band for 2004? Meh, no idea! Gorerotted to break the mainstream anybody?:tongue:

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i saw them play in 2002 which was more than 6 months before 6 months ago so its them thats behind the times ;)

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I've heard Take me out. It's quite nice. Plenty of stomp.

I'm so behind times at the moment that I don't really have much of an idea of which bands are hot.

An international breakthrough for Radio Dept. maybe? That would be nice. At an indie-level ofcourse.

My belief (and fear) is that the 80's revival will continue. Disco, Pudelrock and suits in much too wierd colors. :(

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Oh, & I have to mention Axis of Peredition, a black metal band from England, without the ridiculous corpse paint, & also without drums. They use a drum machine, & it's fúcking brutal man, fúcking brutal. I have to mention them because a friend's brother is friends with one of the guys in the band, they go to Uni together in Stirling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts