Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Renato Olive, who has been training with us for a few weeks now, will be officially presented today. He is a central midfielder, aged 33.

What do you think?

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that he could give us the experience we need in central midfield. I'd give him a try next to Simplicio, its not that we have other world-class CMs, its only Grella and Bolano ;)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
He used to be a fine player, back then when he was captain of Perugia, but didn't he play quite average for Napoli in Serie B the last couple of seasons?

Anyway: Strong defencive midfielder, who scores quite a lot. Mean header. And a leader. If he's in any kind of form he'll be useful. Can hardly be worse than Bolano anyway.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
For sure...I agree anyone should be given a chance at this stage...Grella and Bolano have done little else but nothing this season...

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Yeah, I remember him from his days in Bologna.

Nethertheless, a decent signing, at least with brought in some experience as of late.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Also I only remember him from his days in the t-shirt of Bologna.
But a player who is not good enough for Bologna or other teams. He will save us this year? I really hope so.......

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I don't think we have much option to be honest on who we sign.

We probably first looked for; experience, low wage - before ability.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
At the end of the day anyone the club signs is a gamble...we can't afford to buy anyone who is certain to strenghten the squad...

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Sounds good .. can't do us any harm, and i assume he wasn't costly. Experience in central midfield is what we need.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Olive got the #8 shirt from Budel and seems to be just what we need, a true fighter who is also able to score goals. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Olives sucks :tongue:

I don't know whether he will step up the gear for Parmas midfield but he is for sure better then Bolano.

·
Registered
866 Posts
thank god, finally came answer to this big hole in DM cause grella/bolano are two clowns who if you ask me I`d dump during summer transfer season, read EXIT!

Good signing Parma! and welcome Renato to our beloved Parma

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Grella is far from a clown. He has a heck of talent, but is just having a bad year. He never really fit in with the squad. I'd be happy to see Olive take his place is the starting XI

1 - 20 of 31 Posts