Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 377 Posts

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ADP again showed good-form in this season :howler:

If it cost him a place on the national team, then he did the rest of the team and its fans a BIG favor by isolating himself out of it.

I wonder how many more cups Alex has to choke in for NT coaches to realize that he's simply not useful when not wearing the bianconero jersey.

I personally don't want ADP to be anywhere near the squad. simply he is nothing on our tactic as left wing forward except dead-ball

What's your opinion his selected to NT for Euro 2008?

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
He has 11 Serie A goals till now, only 2 are pk, and he is having competition from Trez and Iaquinta as well.

He's good.

Choke?

he didn't choke in 2002 and 2006, when he was a sub in both comps, he entered and scored and hardly was a choker.

It was only Euro 2000 when he blew in the final match, he was good through the tournament, scoring a goal and 2 assists.

All that behind, he still scored 27 Azzurri goals.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amr! said:
He has 11 Serie A goals till now, only 2 are pk, and he is having competition from Trez and Iaquinta as well.

He's good.

Choke?

he didn't choke in 2002 and 2006, when he was a sub in both comps, he entered and scored and hardly was a choker.

It was only Euro 2000 when he blew in the final match, he was good through the tournament, scoring a goal and 2 assists.

All that behind, he still scored 27 Azzurri goals.
I wanted you couldn't see this thread:pp how many pk goals ?:sleepy:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
How much has Potti scored?

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
I love him as much as you can love a pro footballer, but I really wich he doesn't get selected. His 11 goals suggest that he has been better then he actually has, his overall game has been under par for someone who's supposed to be our fantasista.

Besides, he always plays much worse in the Italy yersey then the Juve one.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
There not related at all, but i guess what seems to happen is that everyone always points DP out before major tournaments bringing up the comments which suited his play for the NT 10 years ago.

He definitely shouldnt be a starter for in the NT as we have Di Natale, hopefully Cassano and maybe even Iaquinta. But i think you wont find a better sub player than DP who has experience at the highest level and is able to make a slight difference in the last 15 mins of a game when needed. He showed he could do this in the last WC.

I have a feeling Donadoni has DP in his plans for that bench player but isnt calling him up yet as he wants to give others a chance to prove themselves as well.

Another player to think about is Inzaghi...should he be there as well?

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Without bringing Totti into the thread (like someone above) as he has no importance on the NT anymore either... it is time we just got rid of DP altogether. Yes he is still playing rather well for Juve, but Cassano and Di Natale are the choices now. Del Piero cant play in the formation Donadoni adopts so why even call him at all? Let the new generation try gain the results for us. No more DP or Inzaghi.

Di Natale, Cassano, Toni, Borriello, Iaquinta and Quagliarella or Rossi (if either) would be my choices.

·
Administrator
53,286 Posts
Most important thing is you said he cant play in the formation of Donadoni, that settles it right there. If you arent willing to play him where he functions best, then its no point to call him, even if he would be a great super sub.

If was about a formation that has a second forward playing with a striker centrally, then he on merit would probably should be called (he still performs quite well enough to be called) and he could serve the NT quite well enough from the bench.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Osman said:
Most important thing is you said he cant play in the formation of Donadoni, that settles it right there. If you arent willing to play him where he functions best, then its no point to call him, even if he would be a great super sub.

If was about a formation that has a second forward playing with a striker centrally, then he on merit would probably should be called (he still performs quite well enough to be called) and he could serve the NT quite well enough from the bench.
Agreed...but tactic will never change until euro 2008

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Donadoni IMO likes pace & width from his attackers, & IMO Del Piero doesn't have pace & cuts in too much. As already stated he hasn't done enough in major comps to merit another chance.

·
Administrator
53,286 Posts
He is way past it, he scored 2 league goals last season (and **** all this season, scoring like in the last game is quite the shock, thats how useless he is in the league), and last time he scored double digits in the legend is ages ago.

·
Registered
17,814 Posts
I don't recall him ever going past 2 players in a run. If by past it you mean he doesn't have the same stats as before, that's fine, but consider he has been injured most of the time. When fit, I never doubt his ability to surprise and score a goal when it matters. I don't call that past it.

I find it funny when people forget about Inzaghi, just like the defenders marking him:tongue: . I judge players by ability and I don't think he's dropped them when fit.

·
Administrator
53,286 Posts
He hasnt done crap for Milan in the league except 1 season, or 2 at most. And he has been there a very very long time now. He doesnt perform to any acceptable level, the injuries are a contributing factor because he was gone for a while, but still, he did nothing at all in the league (he played like 25 games last season, not out injured, but he scored frigging 2 goals....). If it wasnt for scoring 6-7 goals per season in the CL whenever they do well, his tenure in Milan and his career in general would have been totally worthless.

·
Registered
17,814 Posts
Yeah, but he does well in the CL...

Milan clearly doesn't take Serie A seriously. We see how their formation is not suited for Gilardino and how much effort they have to exert to score goals. The formation requires the team to attack with supreme inspiration and rely on moments of brilliance to score goals. I'm not surprised Inzaghi or Gilardino haven't performed statistically in Serie A with Milan.

About his 25 appearances, a lot of them were sub appearances but this is a detail.

·
Administrator
53,286 Posts
Gila is criticised when scored 17 league goals, dont compare him to someone who fails to score double digits in most league seasons he has had for Milan.

And CL is good, few big games, but its all about quantity, the CL games are few and he scores half dozen or so goals when they are on song in CL. Good sub when it matters, but he doesnt carry his weight for a whole season. FFS, he scored 2 league goals last season!

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Its difficult to describe Inzaghi. I mean he was the match winner in the CL last year plenty of times. And definitely against Bayern and Liverpool. This year he has played just 700 minutes in Serie A and basically just 6 starts. Last season he played 20 matches overall and probably only about half of them were starts. The year before was his last good season with 12 goals. I think alot is simply because he isnt playing regularly anymore, but in the big match... Inzaghi is still over Gilardino. It shouldnt be this way, but Inzaghi has proven himself where Gila hasnt in this scenario.

1 - 20 of 377 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.