Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://lettersfromvagabondia.blogspo...m-of-week.html

Borussia Dortmund's Bosnian-American Neven Subotic was named to La Gazzetta Dello Sport's European Best 11 today after another strong performance this weekend. ...

Subotic is also one of three finalists for the Bundesliga Player of the Month, ...

Questions still remain in what country Subotic will play for since he is eligible to play for the USA (of which he is a citizen), Bosnia, Serbia, and even possibly Germany. Dortmund teammate Sebastain Kehl has been advocating that Subotic be brought into the German team and when asked by Kicker yesterday, Subotic remarked that "I can play for several countries, maybe Germany as well."

Lol...wtf dude should play for Bosina hes birth place or the USA(spent money on him to develop him and ha played for their youth system) not ****ing germany...wat a dumass

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
I agree, he should either play for Bosnia or the USA, but you know this is a sensitive issue. If he feels German and wants to play for them, then it's his choice. I started a thread about him in the German forum btw, super talent.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
He's serb so he should represent Serbia, we'll see about that though.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
i dont mean to get into politics, but I cannot see him playing for the US after what they did too us.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://lettersfromvagabondia.blogspo...m-of-week.html

Borussia Dortmund's Bosnian-American Neven Subotic was named to La Gazzetta Dello Sport's European Best 11 today after another strong performance this weekend. ...

Subotic is also one of three finalists for the Bundesliga Player of the Month, ...

Questions still remain in what country Subotic will play for since he is eligible to play for the USA (of which he is a citizen), Bosnia, Serbia, and even possibly Germany. Dortmund teammate Sebastain Kehl has been advocating that Subotic be brought into the German team and when asked by Kicker yesterday, Subotic remarked that "I can play for several countries, maybe Germany as well."

Lol...wtf dude should play for Bosina hes birth place or the USA(spent money on him to develop him and ha played for their youth system) not ****ing germany...wat a dumass
In that case I think Adu should represent Ghana.

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
he is a ethnic bosnian serb therefore he should play for serbia..mostly muslims play for bosnia as most ethnic croats and serbs play fro croatia and serbia..

·
Registered
11,622 Posts
i dont mean to get into politics, but I cannot see him playing for the US after what they did too us.
Well Germany done them same thing and he says he might play for Germany so i doubt he cares about the politics part. He should play for either Bosnia or the serbskies not Germany or USA

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Archive.

·
Registered
395 Posts
he lived 11 of his 19 years in germany (all his childhood), plays football in germany, speaks perfect german and has even a german girl friend.
If he wants to play for germany he has really valid reasons.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
he is a ethnic bosnian serb therefore he should play for serbia..mostly muslims play for bosnia as most ethnic croats and serbs play fro croatia and serbia..
Most BS post I have seen yet. What's Misimovic, Papac, and our best ever yet IMO, Sergej Barbarez (there are a few more on the current squad that aren't muslim, but they aren't as big as these three).

You can't tell me that they aren't Bosnian, each of them could fit into the Serbian, or Croatian squads. Saying Serbs for Serbia, and Croats to Croatia even though they where born in BiH is a completely stupid statement. Some people take pride in where they where born. Even though Subotic has stated he doesn't want to play for us, it still makes the most sense for him to play for BiH or USA.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
he lived 11 of his 19 years in germany (all his childhood), plays football in germany, speaks perfect german and has even a german girl friend.
Pretty much.

I have the exact same situation myself. 16 of 21 years in Australia would make me perfectly eligible to play for them, despite seeing myself as an Englishman first and foremost.

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts
Thanks for clarifying, he is born in his country of origin, and lived in the US for more then couple of years, but having spent bit more then half of his life in Germany is defenitely makes it more then a viable choice.

Some here (or really one individual) were making it sound like he just moved to Germany to start his pro career, and hence has no ties to Germany and is a totally footballing mercenary. Ridicolous.

·
Ne oprastam
12,643 Posts
He is Serbian so he should play for Serbia.

·
African WC haha
5,934 Posts
He should be cut into pieces and equal portions given to those countries who feel they own a part of him. :)

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
He already played for USA's u-17 and u-20 :embarass: :howler:
young teams are nothing... nobody cares, its the A team that matters

1 - 20 of 101 Posts