Who do you think wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This looks like it could be the match of the day. Two exciting teams competing for the first place spot in the group. Too bad Van Persie is out, may have added a goal or two more.

My prediction: Netherlands 2-3 Chile

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
Get sneijder off the team ffs he has done jack..

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,476 Posts
C'mon CHILE. Let's go for the NINER :cap: we need to get ahead in the 1st game of the Round of 16's

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think Chile win, their pressure and fast game is great to watch.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Biggest test for the Dutch defence so far. Chile have actually looked much better than the Dutch who relied on quick counters and individual brilliance Vs Spain and barely pulled through against Australia.

Will be interesting to see whether the Dutch go for counter football again (5-3-2) or try to actually dominate this game with their usual 4-3-3. Either way midfield is not set up well. De Jong is the destroyer, De Guzman so far offers nothing and Sneijder is not even half the player he was 4 years ago. What's missing is a link in between defence and midfield, i.e. the man in my avatar.

Think Chile's relentless pressure and composure in front of goal will prove decisive today.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Draw is enough to win that group, I would chose a more defensive line-up. Sneijder with a not so good game vs Australia, time to step up 1, 2 gears today. Why the hype around Chili by everyone suddenly, they also had some problems in the first game and Spain was morally dead already after Friday. So it was very easy against them.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Hmm don't know what to suspect. We want first place and a draw should be enough. Chile looks very good though and it will not be easy. My heart says a win but my head says we lose and we will face Brazil in the R16.

·
Registered
59,067 Posts
Kuijt is starting as left back.

Hilarious.

Dirk Alba.

I had actually suggested him being used as a RB as he was pretty useless as a winger under van Marwijk, but now this all of a sudden..as a lb

·
God of Beira Rio
1,852 Posts
Now will enter Jorge Valdivia.
He is recovered.
Holland does not know anything about him, our best player.

Sampaoli the Argentinean manager of Chile said:
Jorge is an irreplaceable talent for us. The wait for him to recover from his injury problems unsettled things for the coaching staff, because we knew that the way he plays he could give us something that a lot of teams lack. Right now, he’s key to the kind of football that we play, because he’s a class apart – like [Lionel] Messi for Argentina, [Cristiano] Ronaldo for Portugal and [Franck] Ribery for France. We need him at his best.

Source FIFA.COM
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2013/m=12/news=sampaoli-chile-aren-world-cup-candidates-2249607.html

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
@wally: in Louis we trust. Could turn out as a clever idea by that genius who knows. Sometimes he sees things no one else sees. :D

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Chile : Bravo (cap) - Silva, Medel, Jara - Isla, Aranguiz, Mena, Diaz, Gutierrez - Vargas, Sanchez

Holland : Cillessen - Janmaat, De Vrij, Vlaar, Blind - De Jong, Wijnaldum, Sneijder - Robben (cap), Lens, Kuyt

·
94,476 Posts
Between Robben and The Ref they WILL wind up screwing :doh: Chile.

Two of the Orange Men should be wearing yellow already.

Horrible referee !!!!:thmbdown:

·
94,476 Posts
More like, go holland to eliminate argentina in last four.

Because if Chile top this group, Argentina are making the 2014 world cup finals. There is no challenge.

Bahawah, Had Argentina instead of Chile been STUCK in Group B, they'd be goinn' home right now. :howler:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Between Robben and The Ref they WILL wind up screwing :doh: Chile.

Two of the Orange Men should be wearing yellow already.

Horrible referee !!!!:thmbdown:
The ref is very weak. Robben, while being Hollands by far best player, falls easier than a 2-year-old on a playground. Lol ... does he need to do that?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts