Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can`t belive nobody at the Juve forum are interested in the Nesta soap.

It seems that Inter wont let Zanetti go to Lazio so their deal may collapse.

Cragnotti says that Juve could be back in the race but only if we let Davids go to Lazio as a part of the deal. ( La Gazzetta DS)

What are Moggi waiting for ?? :confused:

If we can use Davids to get Nesta ( instead of Lima :eek: ) we should move now !!

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
If it's up to me, Ivers, quite frankly I wouldn't lost a unique player like Davids (I have a good feeling he's going nowhere at all) in the process just to improve our defence within a matter of 4-5%. More than ever, the midfield is where our attention must focus.

Ciao. :)

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Problem is Davids won't join Lazio as he wants to go to Roma. Just as we can't force him to stay, we can't force him to another club that he doesn't want to go to.

We seem to be going to a lot of trouble to buy players who aren't a priority. We need a stronger midfield and yet the only players I see us linked with are Cannavaro or Nesta. I seem to recall saying this before last season.......:depress:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I don't understand why Moggi wants to buy Cannavaro and Nesta. We all know that they would be a great addition to the team, but it would be much more economical to move Tudor back into defense, and buying some midfielders.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Selling Davids to get Nesta like i said in another thread will be streghtening where we are strong and weakening where we are weak. Well to be honest i have never understood Moggi, never a fan of his and never will understand him. To a casual observer like myself, Juve are lacking in real quality in the midfield and attack, take away a few players but are they looking in that direction, no they are obssesing the way they obssesed with Vieri last season

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Davids wants to leave I think. Buying Nesta is great only if we sell Thuram (who also wants to leave).

Ferdinand is staying with Leeds after Venebals said NO.

Now we will re-enter negotiations with ManU.

We could sell him for cash and/or get Veron in exchange.

I don't think we will move for either Canna or Nesta until Thuram is sold. THAT IS THE KEY.

Davids does not want to join Lazio and I don't blame him cause of the racist fans.

Most likely is:

Davids to Roma for cash plus Lima or Candela
Thuram to ManU for cash plus maybe Veron.
Veron to Lazio plus cash for Nesta....or Brighi + cash for Canna

There are a lot of moving parts here.

...and we still need to buy another striker after we sold Amoruso.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Juve deny Nesta interest Wednesday 10 July, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Alessandro Nesta saga has taken a new twist after Juventus denied that they were interested in the stopper.

Nesta had looked almost certain to join Inter this week but talks have stalled between the two sides and Lazio President Sergio Cragnotti yesterday admitted that Juve were still in the running.

The capital chief made it clear that if Juve offered cash and midfielder Edgar Davids then Nesta could be on his way to Turin.

However, Bianconeri director Antonio Giraudo maintains that his club are not in pursuit of the international stopper.

"You really need to talk to my colleague Luciano Moggi but Nesta is not in line with our project," he told journalists.

"We already have a competitive squad and we are adding to it by inserting talented youngsters of real value."

Giraudo also moved quickly to deny increasing speculation that Lilian Thuram would be sold by the champions – with Milan and Manchester United possible bidders.

"Thuram is a great champion and we bought him because we wanted to keep hold of him."

The Frenchman joined the Delle Alpi outfit last summer in a £23m move from Parma.

But his first season in Turin didn’t go as he would have liked after Coach Marcello Lippi moved him out of the centre of defence and played him in the right-back role. A position he doesn’t like.

channel4 ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Catenaccio said:
Most likely is:

Davids to Roma for cash plus Lima or Candela
Thuram to ManU for cash plus maybe Veron.
Veron to Lazio plus cash for Nesta....or Brighi + cash for Canna

There are a lot of moving parts here.

...and we still need to buy another striker after we sold Amoruso. [/B]
I like all your predictions except for involving Brighi in anything.

Brighi is the best incoming midfield player so far this summer, I would like to see Moggi, Lippi and co confirming that he will stay come hell or high water.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
I'm sure that if we were to part with Brighi to get Cannavaro, that the deal would've been completed by now. We have a weak midfield, I'm sure Lippi and Moggi won't want to do anything to make it weaker.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mikey said:
I'm sure that if we were to part with Brighi to get Cannavaro, that the deal would've been completed by now. We have a weak midfield, I'm sure Lippi and Moggi won't want to do anything to make it weaker.
Really i think you give Moggi way too much credit, he doesnt do things really from the football point of view but from the financial point, i am sure he sees Brighi as a star of the future in his own right and someone that will bring in money so why make him the makeshift in a deal when in 2 years or so he might cost millions. Moggi has been weakening the squad for years because of money and if not for Delpiero's injury, he wont have been a juve player stiill, you just watch them capitalise on Trezeguet

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Mikey said:
Yes, Mikey.
I agree with you, bro. Our weakest line is our midfield.
So that is why I think we need to make it stronger urgently, especially, if we are going to fight for CL trophy.

·
Registered
406 Posts
The issue of who's going to eventually have Nesta or Cannavaro is so fustrating and irratating that simply, one can't be bothered anymore.

Its not just the rumour mill running and grinding and giving one an irritation in the head. But also, the negotiations and unreasonably high asking prices and player swaps that are so draggy and uncompromising. Don't both Lazio and Parma realise that their defenders are really not worth that much in this time of transfer fund tight-fistedness and importantly, after a poor World Cup campaign? Especially Nesta, he has got his worst season so far in his career last summer. Cannavaro is ok in performance, but the asking price and bully attitude of Parma (wanting to have a so called healthy monetary reserves by asking for unreasonably high asking prices and forcing others' hands) turns people off. Don't ask for too much when you already have way too much.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Monsieur D said:

Really i think you give Moggi way too much credit, he doesnt do things really from the football point of view but from the financial point, i am sure he sees Brighi as a star of the future in his own right and someone that will bring in money so why make him the makeshift in a deal when in 2 years or so he might cost millions. Moggi has been weakening the squad for years because of money and if not for Delpiero's injury, he wont have been a juve player stiill, you just watch them capitalise on Trezeguet
I disagree.

Moggi is by far the best transfer guru in Italian football. He's a shrewd man no doubt, with good business sense but under him Juve have remained competative in all but one season. He's bought the odd dud and I don't always agree with his purchases but on many occasions he has bought well without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Monsieur D, I respect your point of view, but I will have to do the same my friend , Mikey, did.
Moggi is a clever man. HE is a real professional. Do you really think that Juve board would keep an idiot?
Juventus is not that kind of club.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
To me talks about Nesta and Canna must be forget since our real problem - the midfield - is the first thing that we have to deal with, no?!

With small exceptations, Moggi is a cool director (actually his funcations are similar to the manager's ones, but not in the way in that Alex Ferguson is a manager in ManU, i'm talking about managment here). I like Moggi's foxy style. I think it's almost... hm - perfect.

Ciaos.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nyuka said:
Monsieur D, I respect your point of view, but I will have to do the same my friend , Mikey, did.
Moggi is a clever man. HE is a real professional. Do you really think that Juve board would keep an idiot?
Juventus is not that kind of club.
Okay do u you call spend £33m on a goalkeeper clever or £22m on a 30 yr old defender? No I am not one of his fanz i am afraid just dont like the way juve are very boring side to watch as they are geared towards strenghtening the defence every year at the expense of attacking flair

1 - 19 of 19 Posts