Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Thats old rumor...

There is a new one.

Nesta to Juve in exchange for Marcelo Zalayeta and Matteo Brighi, plus £20 million.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
As with all rumours, I prefer to wait until there's something official. Besides, I'm uneasy about his possible arrival - he may well become a Juve player, but his heart and soul will remian a Laziali.

G

·
I'd prefer not to get Nesta or Cannavaro if it meant selling Brighi.

We're quite alright in defence yet the board seems to think that is the area that needs improvement.

Hello anyone, midfield ring any bells?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
We actually going to sell Brighi ???:confused: :confused:

That's so pathetic.. :rolleyes: What's the good thing about Nesta? we have great defender, why should we buy another??
Simply rotate them.. :eek:

Brighi is future, Nesta is old.. :) ..

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
we have lossed Thuram who is a major defender and we must replace him.

Nesta would be great to get, but i think we can't afford to lose our young players liek brighi, zalayeta, maresca, baiocco, zambro and so on.

to get nesta, we should be offering money plus Iuliano. Or maybe the ageing Montero, who i love but we have to face the facts that he wont be around two years time, lets replace him with a great defender now.

if we are looking at the likes of Nesta and Cannavaro, players like Iuliano or Montero should be the ones to leave, not midfielders or strikers.

we need to rebuild our midfield...not sell it. maybe the older players like conte or even the likes of Tacchinardi.

youth must be kept, brighi, maresca, zambro, baiocco, zalayeta, zenoni must stay!!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
if u want someone u like (in this case, it's lazio), u must sacrafice someone lazio want...i m not sure if luliano or montero could get the deal done...even u pay a lot of money for nesta, i guess 1 or 2 young players would be needed to complete the trade...

maybe davids + luliano + lot of cash could get this trade done...but i believe that lazio would ask for your young players...

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
carson35, i understand your point, but you have to remember, if Lazio or Parma lose Nesta or Cannavaro, they have to also replace them.

Now, sure, Brighi, Maresca etc...are young and talented, but at the same time, they are not good defenders.

Same as Davids, great midfielder, but lets face the facts, he wouldnt help them defensively.

Thats why i have said Montero, Iuliano plus cash, even if it a lot more cash than usual.

At least the clubs get an experienced defender/s......and they wont be exposed at the back.

And lets not forget that Montero and Iuliano are great defenders and have at least another two or seasons in them.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Nesta rocks but Nero said it all.

Either we'll have to rifle Banco di Torino (which seems unlikely according to the so trustworthy Moggi :D), or giving away potentially future-stars like Brighi. I ain't really tempted in both cases, are you?

Besides, we're more than covered in defence! We have priorities and while a huge signing in defence would improve the team within a matter of 5%, getting one world-class midfielder would drastically inflate our chances of glory.

Take a hike, Alessandro! :tongue:

Ciao.

PS I: Nesta is not old, my dear fellow.
PS II: We haven't lost Thuram yet! Ever heard of mindgames?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts