Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When he behaves well looking sort of calm, some ppl say he shouldn't be a captain.
When he was booked for protesting a bit too aggressively, some ppl say a captain shouldn't do that.
(Actually, these opinions were given and discussed about in "LazioWorld/Mania Forums", not here. But as I haven't been able to log in the forum recently, allow me to post this here)
He is to be criticized as a captain, whatever he does, however he behaves. Maybe he wasn't cut out for a leader.
Then, he should leave Lazio. That's the only way Lazio and Laziali can say good bye to a poor captain and can get a new captain.

I admire him as an excellent defender, first of all.
AS HIS FAN, the most important thing for me is, being able to watch him playing great games.
I'd like him to concentrate on working as a defender without being annoyed too much by other things that he's poor at, and I don't want his excellence and reputations as a defender to be ruined by some criticizms on his leadership.
So, I'd like him to go to Inter and to play there as just a defender.

Laziali will be happy to have Simeone as a new captain and Materazzi as a new defender.
AS A LAZIALE, I'll be satisfied with the new defense, Materazzi, Stam and Couto.
Although, honestly, I don't like Materazzi very much, no doubt he's a good defender and his way of defending full of passion and some violence will be appreciated by the Laziali who complain about Nesta.
Alongside Materazzi, as long as there's Stam who I LOVE and trust very much, we won't have to worry about the defense without Nesta.

Forza Lazio!!
Forza Nesta, no matter where he may be!!

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Pomagia said:
Laziali will be happy to have Simeone as a new captain and Materazzi as a new defender.
AS A LAZIALE, I'll be satisfied with the new defense, Materazzi, Stam and Couto.
Although, honestly, I don't like Materazzi very much, no doubt he's a good defender and his way of defending full of passion and some violence will be appreciated by the Laziali who complain about Nesta.
Alongside Materazzi, as long as there's Stam who I LOVE and trust very much, we won't have to worry about the defense without Nesta.

Forza Lazio!!
Forza Nesta, no matter where he may be!!
No 1 : Nesta is our Captain. That the role that he is a proud of, i asure you. That is probably his childhood dream come true. NO way in hell that he considers it a burden at any time.

No 2: As a Laziale i would be happy to have Simeone as our Captain only, and only IF Nesta is not in the team.

No 3. Materazzi is great. But he's not Nesta in any respect. Nesta is much more than a defender.

No 4 : I wouldnt worry about Lazio's defence without Nesta. I would worry about Lazio as a team.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I dont get it.Pomagia are you crazy?I mean you said,you are nesta fan,but you wanna see him at inter???
lazio isnt lazio without nesta.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Cutting of an leg may not kill you, but you will not function as well as you did before.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Interesting perspective, Pomagia. :)

Still, I think Nesta is a great captain for Lazio and he should not leave. So far he has been representing his club in the best possible way imaginable. We could do much worse than him (just looking at our cross-town rivals). Yes, Nesta has been criticized as captain this year but I don't the criticism of Nesta has been fair. It is bound in frustration towards the entire squad for their disappointing results this year.

There's no doubt Simeone would make a good captain, but I don't see it happening. I don't like it, but the fact is that Simeone is aging and he couldn't be a starter for very long anymore, while Nesta is still young, but he has played in Serie A, and Lazio for years, thus gained more experience than most other players his age. Furthermore, Simeone is not even second in "command". That is Favalli and so far the third choice of captain has been *****. Both players that has been a member of Lazio for a substansial period of time.

Now, I agree that the incident referred to, Nesta insulting a referee, was unfortunate, maybe even foolish. But as far as I know that is the only time he has ever done a thing like this in his entire carreer which has already been long, though he is so young. Should that one mistake be enough reason to strip him of his captain's arm band and sold to Inter? I think this question answers it self. Looking at Manchester United, perhaps the most successful club throught he last few years. Their captain is Roy Keane. A guy with a heavy temper who is sent off at least twice every season and thereby letting his club down. He gets into bar fights, but he still represent the club and lately he grabbed a teammate, Veron, by the throat an accusing of loosing a game single handed.

I think Nesta is a great cptain and a great representative of Lazio. A calm and diplomatic player that always does his best for the team. A few mistakes shouldn't cost him the arm band. That would be an insult.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Pomagia said:

I'd like him to concentrate on working as a defender without being annoyed too much by other things that he's poor at, and I don't want his excellence and reputations as a defender to be ruined by some criticizms on his leadership.
So, I'd like him to go to Inter and to play there as just a defender.
I'm sorry but this doesn't add up. Included in the job of being the captain is to receive criticism and deal with it. And if he gets ruined by the criticism, he should look up a psychiatrist, not look for a new club. It's kinda amazing that you seem to be worried more about his reputation than about his contrubition to the team that HE loves, Lazio.

He is not a poor captain, whatever people may say. This criticism directed at his leadership has existed for a long time now, and still Nesta has had only one, maybe two, really bad games in the last three years... this should reassure you that he has not been (and will not get) ruined by the complaints.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i think he should leave as well, and come to juve :D

you lose nesta, you lose one of the top 3 best defenders in the world!

who would replace him?

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I think Nesta needs a change off club. He is a champion and needs to be at a side where he can win trophies . Which he won't be able to do at Lazio . Therefore I suggest he moves to Inter where he can win things. I understand you Lazio fans would wnat to keep him but this would be the best for Nesta.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nessy said:
Pomagia are you crazy?I mean you said,you are nesta fan,but you wanna see him at inter???
I'm very serious. I had considered for a long time and coucluded so in grief, pains, resignation and some anger.

It's NOT ME who firstly said Lazio doesn't need him as the captain. It's some other Laziali who have repeatedly insisted so, pointing out his defects as a leader, and who demanded him TO HIS FACE to hand over the armband to Simeone.
It's NOT NESTA who firstly said he could leave. It's Crag who has repeatedly stated "Even Nesta is for sale".

laziali said:

I think Nesta is a great cptain and a great representative of Lazio. A calm and diplomatic player that always does his best for the team. A few mistakes shouldn't cost him the arm band. That would be an insult.
I myself have thought the same.
As A LAZIALE, I've been very proud of Lazio having a captain who is its home product and has grown up to be an outstanding player being said to be the world-best defender and to become a legend of football history. All over the world, such clubs are quite rare(Having a home-product captain isn't rare, but not many captains can be the world-best player or a legend).
All the more for this, I can't stand the recent situation where some ppl(including Crag) have treated him as if he was unimportant or worthless for them.
As I love and respest Nesta, I don't want to keep on seeing him being insulted or not being loved by Laziali who he has loved Lazio together with.
And as I love and support Lazio, I don't want to keep on seeing some other Lazio-lovers hurting or humiliating him any more.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Do you think Nesta is made out of glass? He is a grown man and can handle the pressure :) No one in today's football will be captain of any team with a large fan-base without being attacked, criticised and questioned by some fans, at some point. It's important to remember that the ones who questioned him don't represent the entire Lazio fan community, and probably not even a majority. I am pretty sure that there are more Laziali who admire Nesta and would give anything to see him stay than Laziali who question him.

·
Registered
518 Posts
stefan9 said:
I think Nesta needs a change off club. He is a champion and needs to be at a side where he can win trophies . Which he won't be able to do at Lazio . Therefore I suggest he moves to Inter where he can win things. I understand you Lazio fans would wnat to keep him but this would be the best for Nesta.
Win the trophies ???? in Inter ?????? I suppose you are a big forgetter, you've befooled so many talent in these years, still feel not enough??????

Yes, Nesta can find some other clubs to win the trophies more easily, but only in Lazio he can win his life.

FORZA ALESSANDRO NESTA
FORZA LAZIO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts