Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday 19th May 2002

Lazio defender Alessandro Nesta has demanded that the club resolve his future before he flies to the World Cup with the Italy squad.

"I'm bored of hearing my name involved each day in the transfer market," he said. "They can do what they want, but it must be done before next Tuesday. I want to leave for Japan with a clear idea about my future."

Juventus lead the chase for the Italy defender who struggled during a disappointing season with the club he has supported since he was a boy.

Juve managing director Luciano Moggi has met with Lazio president Sergio Cragnotti in the famous wine-producing town of Montepulciano to discuss terms on a deal and Nesta urged them to keep the talks short, whatever the outcome.

"Juve and Lazio met in Montepulciano?" Nesta asked ironically. "I hope they don't drink too much wine and keep their heads clear. I feel well at Lazio, but I will sleep well whether I stay or go."

Internazionale remain in the hunt for Nesta and club president Massimo Moratti would be willing to offer Italy centre back Marco Materazzi plus cash to get their man.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Nesta should understand the situation, he's an indispensable player, no one will sell him, he's a Lazialita, and he's always be... it would be stupid to sell him, maybe even Rome will look like a riot if Crag sells him ....

He just need to focusing on WC, good luck Nesta + Azzuri!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts