Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nervo has Azzurri hope Thursday 5 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bologna ace Carlo Nervo is hoping to make it to Euro 2004 but he insists that is not his primary objective this term.

"Obviously it would be great to be part of it but that isn’t my main aim," said the midfielder. "We’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

"After all, I know that there are a lot of players who play in my role like Mauro Camoranesi, Gianluca Zambrotta, Stefano Fiore and Marco Marchionni.

"I’ll just use the next 15 games to demonstrate to my club that they were right in offering me a new contract."

The right winger made his Azzurri debut in November 2002 against Turkey but he hasn’t featured in recent months.

Meanwhile, Bologna patron Giuseppe Gazzoni Frascara has commented on his club’s January transfer campaign after the arrivals of Hidetoshi Nakata and Andrea Sussi.

"We tried to make boss Carlo Mazzone happy but we were unable to fulfil all of his demands," he said. "One problem was the fact that Emiliano Moretti wouldn’t join Parma."

The Rossoblu owner also confirmed that he will be offering 37-year-old goalkeeper Gianluca Pagliuca a new contract in the near future.

Frascara is also keen to keep Mazzone at the Dall’Ara but any negotiations will only start once the side have assured themselves top-flight status for next season.

channel4

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
OMG!

you know what is sad? Traps may have him in the squad before a player such as Maresca or Cassano or someone like that.

:rollani:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Hope he is nowhere near the squad :eek: :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts