Xtratime Community banner

Nemanja Vidić retires from the NT

9K views 152 replies 32 participants last post by  marakana11 
#1 · (Edited)
Поштовани,

Желим да обавестим спортску јавност и навијаче да после дугог размишљања, тешког срца, сам одлучио да се опростим од репрезентације Србије.

Основни разлог за такву одлуку је што се већ дуже време, а нарочито у светлу последњих догађаја, у медијима па самим тим и јавности, критикује мој однос према националном тиму, иако сам за репрезентацију играо и повређен, некада и мимо воље људи из Клуба. Овим потезом желим да заштитим репрезентацију и себе од разних кулоарских прича, где се занемарује мој учинак као фудбалера. Такође, не желим да се због истих оптерети нова генерација наших репрезентативаца и евентуално због тога поквари атмосфера у репрезентацији пред нови циклус квалификација.

Дугујем захвалност навијачима, свим селекторима и тренерима, као и саиграчима са којима сам сарађивао у претходних десет година, док сам играо за национални тим. Уверен сам да генерација репрезентативаца која долази има квалитета и снаге да обрадује нацију у предстојећим мечевима, а ја ћу свим срцем бити уз њих као навијач.

Немања Видић

http://www.fss.rs/sr/news/newsArchive/story/3953/Одлука+и+изјава+Немање+Видића.html

See less See more
#4 ·
:( :( :(

#6 ·
:thmbdown:

SAF is behind this.

#7 ·
This hurts man, the love for Vidic can never be the same after this.

It hurts because of the way he went out - like a loser, which is not what he has ever been. It hurts because it was his time to become our leader, our captain.

Why did he do it? Is it because he blames himself on the loss? Is it because of SAF? Or is it because he wants to be the high profile casualty that may result in the demise of the prokleti savez?

#8 ·
Tesko, ali jebiga... Sada samo treba gledati napred.

Maybe he understood the situtation a little differently, and maybe he tried his utmost to change things, but the power of one player wasn't enough for our corruption.

I still respect him... it's hard to ask a player to continue to play for his country with all the shit that's written about him and the constant background problems. We will probably never know the reason, or maybe in his autobiography one day.

It's a sad day but it is what it is. That is one position we currently have good prospects and established players in, and while any of them are a drop in quality it is not as bad as losing as someone like Stankovic for our midfield.. because who is currently established, and fit more so, to replace him? Kacar? Mmmm......

He is also coming towards the end of his career, and with the amount of games he plays he has to look out for his family and his career. If our FA paid players on time, and he didn't have to deal with all the BS I think he probably would have stayed for one more qualifying cycle, ali sta je tu je.

Subotic, Rajkovic, i Nastasic su buducnost. Verujem u njih.

#9 ·
The reasons are obvious, but if you're going to let the media or Tole bully you into quitting, you're not a man of honour. If I ever played for our NT, I wouldn't give 2 shits even if Franjo Tudjman was president of our FA and the papers would label me sell out after a loss! I'd never play for them anyway, I'd play for the people!

Thanks for everything, but in the end, thanks for nothing. :rollani:

As for Rajkovic..:howler: he'll never even come close to Vidic and anyone who thinks otherwise will agree with me in a year or two. Hopefully by that time either Nastasic or Cosic is ready to take over.

#11 ·
Lets just thank God that Basta is almost back to his world class status and we can finally put Ivanovic to CB with Subotic

#12 ·
Vidic :thmbdown: What a huge disappointment..

I will refrain from commenting further on this because it could get ugly.

#13 ·
Seriously though, we need to start focusing on the right back position. Subotic-Ivanovic is still a great duo and for the sake of our defensive stability that should be THE central duo for the next campaign IMO.

Tomovic, Ninkov, Basta all need to do their best, cause there's a spot up for grabs.

#14 ·
Of course, it's questionable how much you can believe him, but Tole says that this is no surprise to him. That Vidic told the FA he would be retiring two years ago, in South Africa.

#15 ·
He said he would retire in South Africa? WTF!

#16 ·
Who knows with Tole, honestly..he's like a sleezy car salesman, 90% of what he says is BS.

Vidic made his decision now and he'll have to live with it. I lost a lot of respect for the man, but I do hope his departure will add pressure on our current FA. Cause it should be clear by now, that as long as they are here we'll never see us perform to the maximum of our potential.

#17 ·
I think Vidić tried to retire after the World Cup but the coaching staff and people in charge of the FA managed to pursue him to continue. Everything is becoming more clear now because he also had an interview where he gave hints that he could be retiring just before a World Cup-game if you guys remember, I can't remember who we played though.

#18 ·
Here we go, I found it.

"Ovo bi moglo da bude moje poslednje SP. U oktobru ću napuniti 29 godina i želim da ostvarim uspeh sa reprezentacijom. Bilo je i uspona i padova, ali mislim da sam ja uvek ostavljao srce na teren"

This is from 2. June 2010, before the first game against Ghana, fantastic timing btw..

In all honesty, I can't say I'm surprised at all that he's retiring.

RSF, you're allowed to post whatever you want and feel. This is a forum and everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Spit it out, mate :)

#20 ·
Didn't he retire after the game in Slovenia? So what's the fuss about now?

Anyway I think it's a low move from him. He's only just turned 30 so he can give you atleast another good 4 years. But then again maybe this is for the best because you don't want a player around who isn't in it for the full 100% and you have Ivanovic and Subotic who aren't exactly average defenders.

#21 ·
Finally. My two cents on the matter.

I get the feeling Vidić have been playing for Serbia in the last qualifiers just because he was persuaded by the FSS to continue this cycle as well. I've felt this way since he came out and started talking about a possible retirement just before South Africa. Another indicator was when he got booked against Slovenia after a stupid action where he went on to speak to the press about how he didn't even know that he got booked, yet if you've got the game on your HDD you can see his reaction when the referee shows him a booking. I think many players were considering retirement after Genoa, even a guy like Subotić who got so scared of the events but he eventually continued which we should be happy with. I give Vidić full credit for playing against Slovenia even though he missed the penalty. He was clearly not ready to play in that game, we rushed him back, didn't achieve anything with it. I just think he's tired of the constant dissapointments that's surrounding our FA as they're so unprofessional. On the same time though, quite a few of our players could've easily benefited from playing with him for another cycle.

Btw, I have no doubt SAF has a word in this. That's life though.

#22 ·
I think I can tell you what the reason for this is: Nemanja Vidic is a klasicna bezobrazna umisljena picka. I lost all my respect for him when I read about it today.

Who do he think he is? Of course you will get shit by the media if you make mistakes, especially if you are the star player. It wouldn't be logical to praise him after the hand situation in WC or the missed penalty against Slovenia. In some games when he was outstanding for our NT, I can remember that he was praised to the sky by the same media.

I would understand this decision if he did it a half year ago to make a mark against the FA. Thats why I have nothing against Lazovic's decision for example. But now things will hopefully change in our football and this should be the start of a comeback. As the oldest player he was the natural leader for the new generation. One more cycle would be enough by him before we produce a new star player at this position (Nastasic, Cosic or Savic).

English media and fans wanted to hang David Beckham after his red card in WC 98, but still he came back and represented his country with pride. And he has more money and status than Vidic. That's a role model. To quit the NT when you are 30 and CB is so weak. And we are comparing this shithead to big players like Fabio Cannavaro, Lucio and Lilian Thuram...

Never thought he would end up being such a traitor but as we say: Kad brod tone, mali misevi prvi bjeze...

---------------------

From now on I think we should call 7 defenders and give an extra spot to a offensive player. Atm Rajkovic, Subotic and Bisevac should be enough as central defenders and Ivanovic can play here too. We have a coupe of candidates as right back as well (Basta, Tomovic and Ninkov).

#23 ·
lol at freeing Lazovic of any burden. He quit a day after Zenit got knocked out by Twente in the Euroleague and to make things worse, his team mate Lukovic did as well! Surely you can put 2 and 2 together and see that he just listened to his Russian masters.

Not saying Vidic is innocent or should be excused but he at least had the decency to finish the campaign, even if he's let us down big time now.

Both should stick to their decisions and the NT has to move on. In the end, none of them are bigger than the NT itself and despite everything, we will survive. :)

#26 ·
there does come a time when players should recognise that the NT is better off without them... for example, i think some of the players of the 90's generation continued on longer then they should have and i can imagine the admin/coaching was not in a position to move on such stars

and we paid the price

Vidic, though, doesn't have this excuse... he is still in his prime as a CB and obviously the class player in the Serb NT... moreover, the media criticism, the promotion of younger players, the atmosphere in the team etc. as genuine reasons to turn your back on your country do not hold water

ultimately, Nemanja has made this decision for selfish reasons for the sake of his club career... and i can understand his motivation as he is 30, has a young family, and a demanding club

but the NT should not be about individual interests and if all he cares about is his own future, his own reputation, what is said about him in the media etc., then he can walk

i do wonder whether Sir Alex will be benching him again anytime soon

Bane and Neven need to be the CB pairing for the NT for the upcoming qualifiers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.