Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Поштовани,

Желим да обавестим спортску јавност и навијаче да после дугог размишљања, тешког срца, сам одлучио да се опростим од репрезентације Србије.

Основни разлог за такву одлуку је што се већ дуже време, а нарочито у светлу последњих догађаја, у медијима па самим тим и јавности, критикује мој однос према националном тиму, иако сам за репрезентацију играо и повређен, некада и мимо воље људи из Клуба. Овим потезом желим да заштитим репрезентацију и себе од разних кулоарских прича, где се занемарује мој учинак као фудбалера. Такође, не желим да се због истих оптерети нова генерација наших репрезентативаца и евентуално због тога поквари атмосфера у репрезентацији пред нови циклус квалификација.

Дугујем захвалност навијачима, свим селекторима и тренерима, као и саиграчима са којима сам сарађивао у претходних десет година, док сам играо за национални тим. Уверен сам да генерација репрезентативаца која долази има квалитета и снаге да обрадује нацију у предстојећим мечевима, а ја ћу свим срцем бити уз њих као навијач.

Немања Видић

http://www.fss.rs/sr/news/newsArchive/story/3953/Одлука+и+изјава+Немање+Видића.html

·
Registered
40,672 Posts
Weak..:thmbdown:

Of course our dumbass media deserve some blame for all the negativity. But now was the time he should have proven them wrong.

This is no way to go out Vida, shame on you. :sigh:

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
:( :( :(

·
Registered
11,783 Posts
:thmbdown:

SAF is behind this.

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
This hurts man, the love for Vidic can never be the same after this.

It hurts because of the way he went out - like a loser, which is not what he has ever been. It hurts because it was his time to become our leader, our captain.

Why did he do it? Is it because he blames himself on the loss? Is it because of SAF? Or is it because he wants to be the high profile casualty that may result in the demise of the prokleti savez?

·
Zeko lopove...
7,482 Posts
Tesko, ali jebiga... Sada samo treba gledati napred.

Maybe he understood the situtation a little differently, and maybe he tried his utmost to change things, but the power of one player wasn't enough for our corruption.

I still respect him... it's hard to ask a player to continue to play for his country with all the shit that's written about him and the constant background problems. We will probably never know the reason, or maybe in his autobiography one day.

It's a sad day but it is what it is. That is one position we currently have good prospects and established players in, and while any of them are a drop in quality it is not as bad as losing as someone like Stankovic for our midfield.. because who is currently established, and fit more so, to replace him? Kacar? Mmmm......

He is also coming towards the end of his career, and with the amount of games he plays he has to look out for his family and his career. If our FA paid players on time, and he didn't have to deal with all the BS I think he probably would have stayed for one more qualifying cycle, ali sta je tu je.

Subotic, Rajkovic, i Nastasic su buducnost. Verujem u njih.

·
Registered
40,672 Posts
The reasons are obvious, but if you're going to let the media or Tole bully you into quitting, you're not a man of honour. If I ever played for our NT, I wouldn't give 2 shits even if Franjo Tudjman was president of our FA and the papers would label me sell out after a loss! I'd never play for them anyway, I'd play for the people!

Thanks for everything, but in the end, thanks for nothing. :rollani:

As for Rajkovic..:howler: he'll never even come close to Vidic and anyone who thinks otherwise will agree with me in a year or two. Hopefully by that time either Nastasic or Cosic is ready to take over.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I still think Nemanja is a great player but I don't see him in the light anymore that I did in the past. Would've liked to see him match his level of play with Serbia that he brings at Man United.

·
Registered
11,783 Posts
Lets just thank God that Basta is almost back to his world class status and we can finally put Ivanovic to CB with Subotic

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
Vidic :thmbdown: What a huge disappointment..

I will refrain from commenting further on this because it could get ugly.

·
Registered
40,672 Posts
Seriously though, we need to start focusing on the right back position. Subotic-Ivanovic is still a great duo and for the sake of our defensive stability that should be THE central duo for the next campaign IMO.

Tomovic, Ninkov, Basta all need to do their best, cause there's a spot up for grabs.

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
Of course, it's questionable how much you can believe him, but Tole says that this is no surprise to him. That Vidic told the FA he would be retiring two years ago, in South Africa.

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
He said he would retire in South Africa? WTF!

·
Registered
40,672 Posts
Who knows with Tole, honestly..he's like a sleezy car salesman, 90% of what he says is BS.

Vidic made his decision now and he'll have to live with it. I lost a lot of respect for the man, but I do hope his departure will add pressure on our current FA. Cause it should be clear by now, that as long as they are here we'll never see us perform to the maximum of our potential.

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think Vidić tried to retire after the World Cup but the coaching staff and people in charge of the FA managed to pursue him to continue. Everything is becoming more clear now because he also had an interview where he gave hints that he could be retiring just before a World Cup-game if you guys remember, I can't remember who we played though.

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here we go, I found it.

"Ovo bi moglo da bude moje poslednje SP. U oktobru ću napuniti 29 godina i želim da ostvarim uspeh sa reprezentacijom. Bilo je i uspona i padova, ali mislim da sam ja uvek ostavljao srce na teren"

This is from 2. June 2010, before the first game against Ghana, fantastic timing btw..

In all honesty, I can't say I'm surprised at all that he's retiring.

RSF, you're allowed to post whatever you want and feel. This is a forum and everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Spit it out, mate :)

·
Registered
40,672 Posts
It says 'it could be his last WC', it doesn't say anything about the EC. I think even Tole's explanation makes more sense Zoki. Tole says Vida told him this would be his last campaign and gave the staff 2 years to prepare his replacement.

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Didn't he retire after the game in Slovenia? So what's the fuss about now?

Anyway I think it's a low move from him. He's only just turned 30 so he can give you atleast another good 4 years. But then again maybe this is for the best because you don't want a player around who isn't in it for the full 100% and you have Ivanovic and Subotic who aren't exactly average defenders.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts