Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, I'll be visiting Istanbul for the first time this coming summer. I was just wondering if anyone knew of some "can't miss" clubs/bars I sshould check out. As far as the landmarks/sites, I pretty much know what I want to see. I've also been searching for a hotel to book, but there are so many options and sometimes a picture doesn't speak a 1000 words. The pictures I see make every hotel look like wonderland. The factor that I can't quantify into my decision is the area where the hotel is located. I don't want to stay at a nice hotel if the area it's in is crappy. Anyway, any suggestions of what I can look into would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
If you was in Bodrum I'd tell you to go to Halikarnas ;) :D:D

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
If i were you I'd rent my hotel suite from a place around the Besiktas, Taksim, Fulya area (even mecidiyekoy around the Sami Yen hehe). These places are really close to everywhere, and there's easy transportation to and from the Asian side.

Don't rent a hotelroom from around the Levent or Maslak area. Another option maybe Nisantasi-that's a very nice neighbourhood (expensive as well).

In terms clubs and the nightlife...What's your budget? THere' s a ton of places to go, but it depends on your taste and what you're willing to spend.
Are you alone or will you be going to clubs with a girlfriend/spouse?

It's pretty tough to get into someplaces as a single male-I know it's wierd but that's the way some Turkish clubs operate...

If you're looking kool and hip places try Roxy, Babylon etc.
Kemanci is not bad.

Laila and Reina are overpriced, and that's generally where the extremely wealthy or highclass wanna-be's hang out. I find those places to be too fake for my taste.

I'm pretty sure Burhan could help you out more, it's been 3-4 years since I last went...

·
Registered
445 Posts
last summer I went to Reina with my cousin and yes he's very rich :D :D ... man that place rocks!!!! :horny: everybody looked like model to me even if i wasnt drunk yet :D

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
lion trainer said:
last summer I went to Reina with my cousin and yes he's very rich :D :D ... man that place rocks!!!! :horny: everybody looked like model to me even if i wasnt drunk yet :D
:dielaugh:!

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
fcfnate said:
Hey fellas, I'll be visiting Istanbul for the first time this coming summer. I was just wondering if anyone knew of some "can't miss" clubs/bars I sshould check out. As far as the landmarks/sites, I pretty much know what I want to see. I've also been searching for a hotel to book, but there are so many options and sometimes a picture doesn't speak a 1000 words. The pictures I see make every hotel look like wonderland. The factor that I can't quantify into my decision is the area where the hotel is located. I don't want to stay at a nice hotel if the area it's in is crappy. Anyway, any suggestions of what I can look into would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
I dont know what your budget is but here are a few options that I would reccomend.....
Swissotel Istanbul and Cigaran Palace... Your best bet would be to book a room through Expedia.. they have some good winter deals on the higher end hotels.. For example around $125 a night at the Swissotel... If Expedia doesnt work out check these out:
Bebek Hotel: http://www.bebekhotel.com.tr/ ... even if you do not stay there... visit the Bebek Bar.. amazing views
Hotel Empress Zoe: http://www.emzoe.com/ ... very reasonably priced and good location... I would reccomend any of the suites.

As far as going out... I would definitely check out Laila and Reina... be ready to drop a good chunk of change and it would be better if you went w someone who knows someone there.. just so that you dont have any problems at the door getting in.
You can also go to INDIGO if you are into electronica .. very nice place
Another place worth mentioning is BABYLON...
check out this website.. they have info on those two clubs and a few other nice spots in Istanbul http://www.x-ist.com./club/club.htm

If you need any additional help or suggestions PM me...

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thx for the all the info. i checked out some of those websites and bars you guys mentioned and they were helpful. Forza I checked out some of the clubs you mentioned, they seem cool. It's all coming together slowly but surely. I will be going with my wife, and our budget is somewhat of the higher end. I hope that helps if you guys got more info.

Originally posted by lion trainer

everybody looked like model
Reina is one bar i'm definitely checking out. I might be married, but I can still look you know :shades: I think we'll go with the Bebek hotel because the views were great and my wife loves that area. I don't know about the transportation to some of the places we want to go from there though. I guess I still got some more planning. We will be going to Bodrum for a day or 2, so i'll check out halikarnas eddie. :thmbup: I got alot of time to plan so getting this info early is great. Last summer we went to Venice and Rome, but everything was done last minute. Luckily it turned out excellent, but I don't wanna take that chance again. Thanks again everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts