Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im making polls in the euro2004 forum for an all star team. but instead of just choosing our players on my own i want the rest of you to have a say. ive already made the goalkeeper poll and im sure well agree that buffon is our guy.

LB: zambrotta
RB: oddo or panucci?
CB: nesta
CB: canna
LM: ambro, maresca....
RM: miccoli, camo, gattuso
CM: definately totti
CM: pirlo, maresca, zanetti.....
ST: vieri
ST: cassano, dp, divaio, superpippo

lets all decide on this together and of course, dont forget to vote!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
It's very difficult in so far as Italy don't play 4-4-2 really (4-3-1-2), and certainly not with a "real" left wing.

I don't think Maresca will be called to the squad and that's mostly Lippi's fault as Maresca has not been a regular by any means with Juve. That could of course change, and in that case I'd say he'd be a vey good tip for any of the mid sports. Ambro most certainly won't be on left midfield ... and if he is then Trap is just losing it again. Camo has been preferred on right mid thus far, and I suppose that's likely to continue as he's done well. Miccoli I don't think will get that one as he's in competition with Cassano and DP for the segunda spot (like he should be), and that position really is the hardest one for me to predict. Camo's rival to me is Fiore- or Gattuso in case Trap play Maresca or Pirlo behind Totti.
CM is obviously real tough too... Italy will play two centralish mids with some defensive clue behind Totti. I honestly don't know who to prefer. I would have said Gattuso if he hadn't been so energetic. Don't think he could ever be an anchor as he lacks calm. Bet he should be there.

Otherwise I'd say I agree with all Luigi's coimments and they really are obvious for most of them.

Oddo over Panucci. End of.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes its difficult but for the sake of the polls i went with a 4-4-2 so well have to pick somebody for the spots.

i definately agree with oddo ahead of panucci and the second striker will probably be dp. as for the midfield well just wait and see what others think and then come to an agreement.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
My Polls would be:

RB - Panucci, Bonera, Oddo, Birindelli

LB - Zambrotta, Grosso, Coco

CB - 2 of Nesta, Cannavaro, Ferrari, Legrottaglie, Materazzi, Adani

CM - 2 of Perrotta, Zanetti, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Tacchinardi, Pirlo, Maresca, De Rossi

or you can split that into two parts
1 being: Perrotta, Zanetti, Gattuso, Tacchinardi, Ambrosini
2nd being: Pirlo, Maresca, De Rossi

RM - Fiore, Camoranesi, Marchionni, Miccoli

LM/2nd striker - Del Piero, Cassano, Di Vaio, Inzaghi, Miccoli

Trequartista - Totti, Cassano, Miccoli, Pirlo

Target Man/ Main Forward - Vieri, Corradi, Bazzani, Fava, Inzaghi

keep in mind it would be silly to vote the same player twice, then we would only have 10 men :eek:

As Ive just shown our forwards can play in so many different positions its hard to choose

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
deano, this is for a poll in the euro forum. so we need to choose 1 right back, right midfield, etc, to go up against the other countries.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
OH RIGHT

In which case you have to say what Trap will inevitably pick

rb - Panucci
lb - Zambrotta
cb - Nesta
cb - Cannavaro
rm - Camoranesi
cm - Zanetti
cm - Perrotta
lm - del Piero
AM/CF - Totti
CF - Vieri

I would maybe put Pirlo instead of Zanetti to show we have some talent!!!

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well we dont have to go with what traps will probably play.

the left and right backs are already done as the polls have started. went with zambro and oddo. canna and nesta is something well agree on so well go with them.

camo and dp were the two wingers i was also going with and unless anybody objects, well do it.

for the sake of the poll im counting playmakers as midfielders since its a 4-4-2. that way i was thinking totti and pirlo. for strikers vieri is a definate and i wanted to throw in cassano as well. im sure youll agree with that one deano but well see what the others say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts