Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some new shoes, Adidas Predators. They have these heels supports which are some kind of plastic but they rub on my heels and cause blisters. I've never had this happened before with any other shoes, sports or regular. I started taping a piece of cotton swab on the part of the heel where the blisters appear and it helps but I was wondering if there's any other way to combat blisters like that. Does anyone else have this problem with these particular shoes?

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Some guy from school also bought new shoes and it also caused blisters for him, he had to tape in his ankles because of this. I dunno if its the same shoes tho..

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
just tape ur ankles, or check the size of the boot, maybe it's small and try a bigger size.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
btw the reason that i stopped playing with football boots because it hurts me in the ankle area ..

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No boot size is not the problem, they're comfortable everywhere except that they give me blisters on the heels. I'll try taping them next time. You do mean with medical tape right?

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
on the bottom heel of ur foot?

i had some rubbing on my achilles tendon but once i got callus there it didn't hurt anymore
i had mania's

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Owenization-NRG said:
on the bottom heel of ur foot?

i had some rubbing on my achilles tendon but once i got callus there it didn't hurt anymore
i had mania's
It's on the inside of both heels. Does that make sense?

I attached a pic of the shoes I have with a red circle to indicate the area where the blisters are. You'll notice that the shoe has a plastic support for the heel that what is causing the blisters.

Attachments

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
I see.

I would tape it. That would probably help, make sure you have a large buffer between the heel cup and your ankles. That didn't happen on my mania's, i have slender ankles, if that doesn't help, maybe you should try to bend it outwards, or see if any adidas retailer or head office ; will help you, maybe replace it from defect? ;)

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
New boots (almost) always give blisters until the skin of th efoot gets used to the friction in the new places. Continue to wear them and give your new boots a chance to fit in.

I see you are in the USA, go to your local drugstore and buy something called Second Skin, best medication for blisters there is.

Good luck.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
That is true in some cases only, because I have the same problem with my Nike Mercurial Vapor. They are too tight on the heel counter, plastic is just too damn hard and it is my size and all. Only solution is to tape the spot where you get the blister. Cover it with sports tape and you won't have the problem again. Thing is that the tape has to be put well, otherwise if you put just a little, with the rubbing and sweat etc it will wear off and it's like you did nothing to counter the blister and you will find the piece of tape somewhere in the sock. It has to be done well. I hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for all your help guys. I will try taping my heel next time, I'll also check out this second skin medication barca mentioned. So far I've been using just neosporin to make it heal faster. Thank you again!

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
Anton said:
Thank you for all your help guys. I will try taping my heel next time, I'll also check out this second skin medication barca mentioned. So far I've been using just neosporin to make it heal faster. Thank you again!
Ok, Wear 2 pair's of socks, Tap your heel and use the skin medication :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
barça, is this Second Skin some sort of cream, pomade? What are some other products I can use? I heard Neosporin?
Thanks.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Yeah, I had a similiar problem with the Vapors.

I got a 2 inched blister on the back of my foot; I was playing with one boot in practice because the other foot hurt a lot worse but had no blister.

I was going to buy predators actually because I thought leather may be more comfortable... but well... now...

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Predators are comfortable, except for that one part but who knows, you may have better luck with them. I played a game today and taped my blisters very well and it worked like a charm. Thanks for all your help guys.

And yes neosporin is good stuff. It makes any kind of cuts, blisters, or rashes heal faster. I just put some on my blisters every day and in one week they were fine. Still a little sinsitive but not as much to prevent me from playing.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
I used to tape all the problem areas up with padded bandaids and that under my socks when I got new boots. Never a problem.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
That works, yes, but only sometimes since the sweat and temperature of the shoe makes it so that the bands stick away. But yeah, it is the best solution until now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts