Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, this is awefull, nedved wont play the big match vs madrid next tuesday,, that's bad ...

but on the bright side, dp is regaining his form and played well yesterday :thumbsup:

·
Registered
975 Posts
I don't know where you have heard it. I didn't see it in any webside, not to mention the official one. I belive he will play, maybe not in the whole game but he will play.
I'm very happy to see Del Piero gaining his good form back.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from uefa.com:

Nedved could miss Madrid trip
Friday, 18 February 2005

Juventus FC midfield player Pavel Nedved is expected to miss Tuesday's UEFA Champions League tie against Real Madrid CF as he struggles to overcome a knee injury.

Knee injury

The 32-year-old Czech international suffered an injury to his left knee against Brescia Calcio last month, but Juventus had hoped to have him back for the first leg of the first knockout round tie at the Santiago Bernabéu.

'Not available'

On Friday, however, Juve coach Fabio Capello confirmed that he does not expect Nedved to recover in time. "At the moment Pavel is not available," Capello said ahead of tomorrow's Serie A match away to FC Messina Peloro.

'Play a part'

Capello added: "I did not include him in the squad for the game at Messina and he is very doubtful for the game against Real Madrid as well. Maybe he can make the trip to Madrid and later we will see if he can at least play a part of the game."

Trezeguet ill

France striker David Trezeguet will also miss the Messina match because of flu, but should return to the side against Real. "As for David, we are optimistic," Capello said. The second leg is scheduled for 9 March.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
We can still come away with a minimum of a draw. :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
I hope we get away with at least 2-2 if it was to be a draw because if we draw 1-1 at home we advance..

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1-1 in spain will sound good.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Gazzetta.it

Trezeguet No

Nedved Si

nedved plays :D

Trezeguet not :(

ciao

FORZA JUVE

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Nedved may not start the game but it's very likely that he'll play some part in it.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
i think nedved will play ...he could have played that messina game but probabaly they didnt wanna risk him to soon.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nedved isnt 100% fit, he might play the 2nd half or the last 30 mins of the game..

DP's form is coming back, i'm sure that the pair of dp-zlatan will show off tomorrow. :shades:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Egyptian_Juventino said:
DP's form is coming back,
So that you won't be disappointed in a game or two, may I remind you that every time DP has a half decent game 1 or 2 DP loyalists make that kind of claim. It's a bit premature if you ask me.

On the other hand, I can understand you. :) He has been so bad in some games this season that when he rarely does have an average performance, we elevate that to an untouchable degree.

:)

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no really, he was good @ yesterday's game and i excpect him to shine tomorrow :shades:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Okay then. I'll take your word for it as I know you better than the others - that you won't magnify his pereformances :smileani:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
That's pretty rough if true! The game hinges a lot on your defence to frustrate Real into making a mistake.

The longer that Real doesn't score will be better for Juve. An away goal would help a lottttttt. Who will step up remains the question. Nedved not only plays well but lifts the side's spirit and grit as well. He's a motivator and inspiring figure for Juve.

Interesting to see what happens but Real definitely has the edge in this game due to Nedved's absence.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well i could just hope for a 0-1 for juve because Real madrid just isnt that good in my opinion i mean they are the stars from yesterday and it seems like all of the players who goes there becomes one too.. Real isnt that good no more..

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Egyptian_Juventino said:
Nedved isnt 100% fit, he might play the 2nd half or the last 30 mins of the game..

DP's form is coming back, i'm sure that the pair of dp-zlatan will show off tomorrow. :shades:
His form is coming back he actually got 3 touches instead of 2. :howler:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts