Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Robbie Savage,he may not be as technically gifted but he does a lot of unseen work and running round in circles. :cool:

i'd put Nedved 5th and Tootti 9th :tongue:

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,488 Posts
Ronaldinho Gaucho followed very closely by Totti.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
The most complete midfielder is Nedved as he is pretty good going back too. None combine his effort, skill, and impact into one player. Others fall short in one area or another.

Ronaldinho is the most skilled and explosive IMO.

·
Registered
55,811 Posts
ludovic giuly will be the natural replace of zidane.
he is a different player, good conduct of the ball, not really a great dribbler but the fact he is small and fast is a really prob for the defenders who have to face him.
the actual success of monaco is due to his talent combined with an excellent manager and a left wing named jérôme rothen.

D

·
0 Posts
Zidane is the best, Nedved is second, after them it doesn't matter. Ronaldinho is in the top 5. Aimar's better than him, so is Totti. Lil Ron is 5th IMO.

·
Registered
55,811 Posts
JKris said:
Why would you say that? He is not 21 you know. I seen him and he is great, but players like Zidane was already world player of the year by his age.
giuly is not 21 but he is in great form.
the problem is, could a player be a world player if he doesn't play in a famous team?

·
Registered
55,811 Posts
you know is the same problem in moto race, could be a great pilote who is able to do what any other pilote can't do with a private moto be a world champion?

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
I serve King Ludo.

mali said:
could a player be a world player if he doesn't play in a famous team?
so?

This is not the point. World Player of the Year awards don't matter, Giuly can spend his entire career in France but I'll still rate him as one of the best. In terms of technique, workrate, skill - there are few who can match Giuly at his best - especially with Zizou and Nedved retiring soon. He is not 21. so? He still has more than five years in him. It's hard not to bet against the guy making it big in Italy or Spain, plus a definite replacement for Zizou in the French NT. Kris. So what if Zizou was world player of the year by his age..? so what? I don't judge in terms of such worthless achievements - you also have to take into account the fact that Zizou had left France and was playiung for Juventus by that age. I judge by what I see on the pitch.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
I couldn't care less but it looks like this I think...

2003 Zizou -Madrid
2002 Ronaldo -Madrid
2001 Luis Figo -Madrid
2000 Zizou -Juve
1999 Rivaldo -Barca
1998 Zizou -Juve
1997 Ronaldo -Inter
1996 Ronaldo -Barca
1995 Weah -Milan
1994 Romario -Barca
1993 Baggio -Juve
1992 Van Basten -Milan
1991 Matthaeus -Inter

12 prizes for 6 teams and 9 players..

·
Registered
55,811 Posts
it's exactly what i was thinking about, italian and spanish teams.

where was papin when he got his ballon d'or, was he in marseille or in milan ac?

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
He spent the bigger part of his career as less of player than others. He still hardly have playedfor the national team at an age of 27. I don't get French football, but saw that great goal from him.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts